YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Hematocrit / Blood Donation - Your Plan?

heman4u

Registered
How high would you let your hematocrit go up, before you donate blood? Or do you regularly donate every 1-2-3 months depending on whether you are blasting or cruising and what compounds you are on?

As outlined recently in another thread (can't remember which one :eek:), high crit (and hemoglobin) shouldn't be the only factors to consider when thinking about giving blood... platelets levels (the higher the worse) are basically the main indicator telling you if you're at potentially (very) high risk of developing a clot when those two markers are already high (hematocrit > 53, hemoglobin > 18).

That being said, donating once every 3 months is usually enough... more often and you could start having issues with iron and ferritin levels.

My doc says up to 54 is ok and when it approaches 55 it's time to donate.

Obviously donating blood is a good thing. Although I do think once you start doing it regularly it almost becomes an necessity. I notice with many friends their levels rise back up very quickly between donations especially when aas is in the mix. I do think it's a good thing donating every so often though. Although I have never given blood. My HCT and HGB have been high in the past but by making the necessary changes they have always lowered. As Phidias stated platelets seem to be the biggest risk factor and if all 3 are high you are in a bad place.

When I was on higher doses I would donate every 2-3 months. Now that I am using lower doses every 4 months does the job.

How high would you let your hematocrit go up, before you donate blood? Or do you regularly donate every 1-2-3 months depending on whether you are blasting or cruising and what compounds you are on?

I hover around 49-51 when on 130-140mg of TRT weekly. I'm fine with that. If I bump things up, I started creeping up above 53. I have bloodlet and rained off a pint on my own, once and it wasn't so bad, but I'm not gonna do that again.

What I do now? When I get above 51, I just lower my T dose for 2 months and it settles back down around 48, then I increase it. If I lower my dose down to around 100mg weekly, it will settle back down to 48 within 8 weeks.

Mine goes up to 53-54 on 200mg/week, but when I did 10mg/day for just 3 months, it was down to 46! I've never had it that low, but I was also doing lots of cardio which increases blood volume and decreases hematocrit in most people.

Mine goes up to 53-54 on 200mg/week, but when I did 10mg/day for just 3 months, it was down to 46! I've never had it that low, but I was also doing lots of cardio which increases blood volume and decreases hematocrit in most people.

Were you doing less cardio on 200mg and how often did you dose the 200mg?

I did 300mg a week for about 2 years and always stayed at 47 hct and like 15 hemoglobin. After I added in deca for awhile that's when mine shot up

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I donate every few months, but I don't really need to asI'm pretty good on almost everything with the exception of EQ. Last cycle of 1g/wk Bold Cyp after about 8 weeks my blood felt like syrup, next time I'll donate every 6 weeks or so I think.

I donate every few months, but I don't really need to asI'm pretty good on almost everything with the exception of EQ. Last cycle of 1g/wk Bold Cyp after about 8 weeks my blood felt like syrup, next time I'll donate every 6 weeks or so I think.

Same here. One of the reasons I stay away from eq now is because of what it does to my blood pressure

How often did you dose the 200mg? Was it once or twice a week shot or divided in daily doses of 28.5 mg?

My limit is 54!. If I hit that I would tamper off everything and just run TRT. I can generally tell where I am at by looking at my veins.

I have irron/ferritin issues if I donate too frequently.

Another factor for myself to consider is my gastritis. It was dormant for years, then flared up a bit. Your body cannot absorb many minerals as effeciently and you can end up anemic donating too frequently. I rely on blood work now, but will donate once every 12-14 weeks if I'm blasting (so typically right before and at the tail end).

My limit is 54!. If I hit that I would tamper off everything and just run TRT. I can generally tell where I am at by looking at my veins.
Yep. Another good indicator. If I'm deep offseason and start to see veins in my abs, we know to back off a bit lol.

isnt 2 months the earliest you can do it again and I think for double reds its 3

I've been donating lately myself. Ironically my doctor recommended me doing it. He understands why my blood work is off whack occasionally and felt it was a good idea. Kind of nice having a doctor that will work with you instead of giving you the "after school special speech"

I've been donating lately myself. Ironically my doctor recommended me doing it. He understands why my blood work is off whack occasionally and felt it was a good idea. Kind of nice having a doctor that will work with you instead of giving you the "after school special speech"
Yep. Made the mistake of sharing info with a doctor once I thought was on my side. He clearly knew nothing about testosterone as he deemed TRT to be "A completely useless treatment that was brought about to create a new path of revenue by failed doctors looking for a way to get rich." He claimed that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having your levels at 118 ng/dl (where mine were prior to treatment). I wanted to slap him in the face, but I'm a good little boy :).

I understand the more hardcore BB's here, or the pros needing to keep things running higher and having to drain some off, but for those of us running TRT or on the higher side of TRT, with maybe one compound occasionally, instead of donating and throwing yourself into a possible anemic scenario, why not just drop the T down to like say 80-100mg for a month or two? That should bring most anyone's hematocrit back down. Last time mine crept up to 53, I ran like 80mg Test for six weeks and it dropped to 48. I was then able to up my T dose to the 130-150mg range again and run it for three months before it crept back up. This is my plan going forward, as long as it works out like that.

Sure, you'll be a little flat for those 6-8 weeks, so maybe up the GH during those times, but you'll still be maintaining most gains, etc. And you can avoid all those donation stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity