over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High hemoglobin

A few years ago at christmas time when I had been OFF for 2 months.I went to donate but was denied...my hemoglobin was 20...I went to my doctor and he had blood work done...it was down to 18...why?...I made sure I was hydrated...in the summer when I am ON my hemoglobin is in the 16-17 range...why?...because we are more likely to be dehydrated in the winter...that is what my doctor said...

63 is a lot man. I would be inclined to say a high hemoglobin isn't as bad if your platelets are ok but that's a much higher number than I had in mind. I would really dump blood as soon as possible.

Wtf, Some of these doctors are shit

Yeah, you need to see a hematologist. A hematologist will take care of you right. Ive been with mine now for 10 years, ever since my heart attack. I am also on Warfarin now for life.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rum/147922-how-often-do-you-donate-blood.html

A lot of guys donate blood to get it down. Yours is too high now to do that, they won’t let you. You’ll need a script for one.

Where I donate blood, there is no cut off for hemoglobin.
I asked if there was a high end limit, they said no.

Mine is no higher than 18. (Am on doctor prescribed TRT,
10mg daily = 40mg every 4 days.) I think she said for ‘normal’
men it is anywhere from 13.5 to 17.5.

Just another data point . . . as always, if you have any
questions or concerns, call your nearest blood donation
center.

Where I donate blood, there is no cut off for hemoglobin.
I asked if there was a high end limit, they said no.

Mine is no higher than 18. (Am on doctor prescribed TRT,
10mg daily = 40mg every 4 days.) I think she said for ‘normal’
men it is anywhere from 13.5 to 17.5.

Just another data point . . . as always, if you have any
questions or concerns, call your nearest blood donation
center.

They will not let you donate blood where I go if you Hemoglobin is over 19. I go at least every 3 months and last time I had 15.3 Hemoglobin.

I can't, I had hep-c but since have been cured.
My platelets are 195 but my HCT is 63 and what I have read hear that is high
Range is 35 to 60. You are high as fuck and need to donate. Get a script they will take your blood and toss it

Range is 35 to 60. You are high as fuck and need to donate. Get a script they will take your blood and toss it

The range for hematocrit at labcorp is 37.5-51

They will not let you donate blood where I go if you Hemoglobin is over 19. I go at least every 3 months and last time I had 15.3 Hemoglobin.

Yeah, that is most places. Best to go anyways to see what your hemoglobin is, unless you have a monitor for home. I ended up buying my own for the house.

With what reason actually?

I asked them and they told me it is for the good of your own health. They want you to see a doctor and have them find out why it is so high because just taking blood out isn't addressing the issue causing it. I am fine with that because it makes good sense and is better for the patient in the long run.

I am wondering since I have been off for 5 weeks why my results are still so high. How long does it take to get back into normal range.
All my liver functions are in the norm.

I am wondering since I have been off for 5 weeks why my results are still so high. How long does it take to get back into normal range.
Much longer than 5 weeks. Red blood cells will survive for around 100 to 120 days.

A couple of weeks ago when I donated my hemoglobin was 18.9 ,I came off everything ASAP except for 125mg/week of test cyp and did bloodwork 5 weeks later and my hemoglobin was 16.9

A couple of weeks ago when I donated my hemoglobin was 18.9 ,I came off everything ASAP except for 125mg/week of test cyp and did bloodwork 5 weeks later and my hemoglobin was 16.9

That is pretty fast, mine took a lot longer and in fact when I started TRT after my heart attack mine was still going up on just 100 mg/wk. Others on here have had the same experience. This appears to be one thing that is really dependent on a lot of factors apparently. I hope yours continues on like that.

That is pretty fast, mine took a lot longer and in fact when I started TRT after my heart attack mine was still going up on just 100 mg/wk. Others on here have had the same experience. This appears to be one thing that is really dependent on a lot of factors apparently. I hope yours continues on like that.

Keep in mind ,I was 18.9 before I donated so that was most likely why it dropped so quickly

Keep in mind ,I was 18.9 before I donated so that was most likely why it dropped so quickly

Well, I don't think that is all of it. I was at 21 or so and dropped down to 200 mg/wk test and it kept going up. That was before my heart attack.

I think most of it has to do with the person. I wonder if age is important. I was 38 at the time. Seems like the older you get the slower it is to come down. Are you younger than 38? Everyone has a different physiology in some respect.

Well, I don't think that is all of it. I was at 21 or so and dropped down to 200 mg/wk test and it kept going up. That was before my heart attack.

I think most of it has to do with the person. I wonder if age is important. I was 38 at the time. Seems like the older you get the slower it is to come down. Are you younger than 38? Everyone has a different physiology in some respect.

I am 47,I’ll be 48 in February.

I am 47,I’ll be 48 in February.

Ok, so youre about my age now, im 49. I was only 38 back then though. Maybe age only matters at a more advanced age. I seem to remember hearing more of the older guys on here having trouble with high hemoglobin.

Ok, so youre about my age now, im 49. I was only 38 back then though. Maybe age only matters at a more advanced age. I seem to remember hearing more of the older guys on here having trouble with high hemoglobin.

That’s most likely because most younger guys don’t do bloodwork . I was guilty of that too ,I just started doing bloodwork about 7-8 years ago. I actually started donating after reading your posts about high hemoglobin/hematocrit

Like I said when I started this thread I am 65. Pickapeck posted some studies how age is relevant, good stuff, and I will be seeing how long it takes to get back to normal. I am having more tests done on Monday and see a hematologist in 2 weeks so hopefully I can get this sorted soon. Dr. knows about everything so we will see.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear