over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high liver enzymes due to high protein intake

you want studies showing that exercise will cause protein in the urine you got it!

Renal protein excretion after exercise in man
Journal European Journal of Applied Physiology
Publisher Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
ISSN 1439-6319 (Print) 1439-6327 (Online)
Issue Volume 58, Number 5 / March, 1989
DOI 10.1007/BF02330700
Pages 476-480
Subject Collection Biomedical and Life Sciences
SpringerLink Date Monday, April 10, 2006

Jacques R. Poortmans1 , Luc Rampaer1 and Jean -Claude Wolfs1

(1) Chimie Physiologique, Institut Supérieur d'Education Physique et de Kinésithérapie, CP168, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 28, av. Paul Héger, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium

Accepted: 9 November 1988

Summary Thirteen men were submitted to graded exhaustive cycle exercise to determine the kinetics of proteinuria in the recovery period. Venous blood samples were analysed for haematocrit, lactate, creatinine, total protein and albumin for 1 h following exercise. Urine samples were collected during a 3-h recovery period. Total protein, albumin, and creatinine levels were determined for these samples. Total protein and albumin urinary excretion increased to 581 and 315 μg min−1, respectively, at the end of the 1st h of recovery as compared to 42 and 15 μg · min−1 for resting values. Plasma volume returned to pre-exercise levels between 30 and 60 min after cessation of exercise, while urinary total protein and albumin content still remained above the resting values for the following 2 h. Both post-exercise urinary total protein and albumin excretion followed a logarithmic decline with the same half-life of 54 min, thus requiring about 4 h to regain resting values. The reduction of plasma volume and the degree of dehydration do not seem to be involved in the process. The present study indicates the delayed recovery of protein handling by the kidney, as compared with other biochemical parameters, and provides accurate information on the kinetics of post-exercise proteinuria.

How's that for starters, don't say I'm full of shit. There's science to back my shit up. This took me 3 seconds to find.

YOU SAID YOU ALWAYS HAD PROTEIN IN YOUR URINE......

Phil you want to play this game go ahead. I've always valued your opinion and input but now you're playing semantics. Of course I've done test after taking time off showing protein in my urine to allievate my doctors fears. And those one or two test came back fine. So after that I don't worry anymore.

AGAIN

you want studies showing that exercise will cause protein in the urine you got it!

Renal protein excretion after exercise in man
Journal European Journal of Applied Physiology
Publisher Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
ISSN 1439-6319 (Print) 1439-6327 (Online)
Issue Volume 58, Number 5 / March, 1989
DOI 10.1007/BF02330700
Pages 476-480
Subject Collection Biomedical and Life Sciences
SpringerLink Date Monday, April 10, 2006

Jacques R. Poortmans1 , Luc Rampaer1 and Jean -Claude Wolfs1

(1) Chimie Physiologique, Institut Supérieur d'Education Physique et de Kinésithérapie, CP168, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 28, av. Paul Héger, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium

Accepted: 9 November 1988

Summary Thirteen men were submitted to graded exhaustive cycle exercise to determine the kinetics of proteinuria in the recovery period. Venous blood samples were analysed for haematocrit, lactate, creatinine, total protein and albumin for 1 h following exercise. Urine samples were collected during a 3-h recovery period. Total protein, albumin, and creatinine levels were determined for these samples. Total protein and albumin urinary excretion increased to 581 and 315 μg min−1, respectively, at the end of the 1st h of recovery as compared to 42 and 15 μg · min−1 for resting values. Plasma volume returned to pre-exercise levels between 30 and 60 min after cessation of exercise, while urinary total protein and albumin content still remained above the resting values for the following 2 h. Both post-exercise urinary total protein and albumin excretion followed a logarithmic decline with the same half-life of 54 min, thus requiring about 4 h to regain resting values. The reduction of plasma volume and the degree of dehydration do not seem to be involved in the process. The present study indicates the delayed recovery of protein handling by the kidney, as compared with other biochemical parameters, and provides accurate information on the kinetics of post-exercise proteinuria.

How's that for starters, don't say I'm full of shit. There's science to back my shit up. This took me 3 seconds to find.

YOU SAID YOU ALWAYS HAD PROTEIN IN YOUR URINE....NOT SHOW ME THE STUDY WHERE HIGH PROTEIN DIETS RAISE LIVER ENZYME LEVELS.

Proteinuria during the 24-hour period following exercise
Robert D. Coye 1 and Ronald R. Rosandich 1
1 Department of Pathology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin

The urine of 10 football players, collected for 24 hours following a practice game, was found to contain 2.3–15.2 times as much protein as urine collected following a period of rest. No changes were noted on electrophoresis of the serum proteins. The renal clearance of serum albumin increased more than the clearance of serum globulins following exercise, but in both the control and post-exercise specimens the clearance of globulins and percentage of globulins in the urine usually exceeded these values for albumin. Considerable variation in the excretion of proteins was noted among individual subjects in the control period; as protein excretion increased following exercise, the protein excretion patterns became more uniform in these subjects. Compared to the previously described exercise proteinuria which occurs immediately following exercise, this second phase is characterized by less intense protein excretion and longer duration.

Submitted on January 6, 1960

OK

Phil you want to play this game go ahead. I've always valued your opinion and input but now you're playing semantics. Of course I've done test after taking time off showing protein in my urine to allievate my doctors fears. And those one or two test came back fine. So after that I don't worry anymore.

I ASKED FOR A STUDY AND YOU SHOWED ME A STUDY.....IT IS ALL I ASKED FOR. I AM NOT PLAYING GAMES........NOW SHOW ME THE STUDY ON EXCESS PROTEIN RAISING LIVE ENZYME LEVELS..........THIS IS HOW WE ALL LEARN, BELIEVE IT OR NOT..........I CANT HELP IT IF YOU GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT......MAN UP DUDE.

WAITING

WAITING ON THE ARTICLE ON HIGH PROTEIN LEVELS CAUSING ELEVATED LIVER ENZYME LEVELS..........I APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING YOU FULL OF SHIT BUT I NEED TO SEE THIS..........I CANT TAKE YOUR ANSWER OF "IT COULD HAPPEN". THANK YOU FOR THE ARTICLE ON ELEVATED PROTEIN IN URINE AFTER EXERCISE THOUGH, THAT HELPS.

THAT HAPPENED TO ME ALSO BUT IT WAS FROM NOT REFRIGERATING THE TEST ONCE AND THE NEXT TIME THERE WAS SPERM IN THE SAMPLE. :)

That was the hardest thing for me to do was abstain from sex-as silly as it sounds-I didn't wann muck up the test per se.;) :D

WAITING ON THE ARTICLE ON HIGH PROTEIN LEVELS CAUSING ELEVATED LIVER ENZYME LEVELS..........I APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING YOU FULL OF SHIT BUT I NEED TO SEE THIS..........I CANT TAKE YOUR ANSWER OF "IT COULD HAPPEN". THANK YOU FOR THE ARTICLE ON ELEVATED PROTEIN IN URINE AFTER EXERCISE THOUGH, THAT HELPS.

I have read this many times on the boards that high protein diets raise liver enzymes, but never seen any proof of it article study or journal wise.
And I would think with the last decade of the high protein diet craze lo carb mainstream atkins stuff someone would have done a study somewhere sometime.

I personally think a body stimulated metabolically by intense exercise and good diet is exceptionally resourceful and effecient and processes anything we can throw at it.

Now I'd love to preach to the perma bulkers and fast food junkie kamikazee high dosed kids on the board about what they are doing to their livers and gall bladders with those hydrogenated fats and all which can lead to liver stress and damage big time but that's a different topic all together.

HEY

I have read this many times on the boards that high protein diets raise liver enzymes, but never seen any proof of it article study or journal wise.
And I would think with the last decade of the high protein diet craze lo carb mainstream atkins stuff someone would have done a study somewhere sometime.

I personally think a body stimulated metabolically by intense exercise and good diet is exceptionally resourceful and effecient and processes anything we can throw at it.

Now I'd love to preach to the perma bulkers and fast food junkie kamikazee high dosed kids on the board about what they are doing to their livers and gall bladders with those hydrogenated fats and all which can lead to liver stress and damage big time but that's a different topic all together.

SUPERSIZE ME....GOOD RESEARCH THERE

Totally agree....

I'm glad this post is up in regards to a question that I have. Is it possible to have elevated kidney and liver enzymes from using clenbuterol ?

Elevated liver enzymes

people please, if you know your going to have blood work done please take a few days off from the gym before you go and have blood work. tearing of muscle tissue will cause you to have elevated liver enzymes on your blood work. I was amazed how lower mine was after taking 5 days off from lifting and going and having my blood work done again, it was a huge difference.

I totally agree with this answer. So many people, including doctors, jump the gun with the elevated liver enzymes issue, and blame everything but the obvious...heavy lifting. If you do a google or PubMed search [elevated liver enzymes] you should come up with a similar answer given by b-boy.

There was a study done to evaluate Doctors diagnoses of patients-bodybuilders with elevated liver enzymes and the majority misdiagnosed the problem. Working out with weights breaks down muscle and leaks the enzymes into the blood stream and therefore you get high readings on your liver function tests...research it for more in depth reading/understanding of the issue so you can inform your doctor, if necessary. wrongdiagnosis.com has a article on elevated liver enzymes. Which states that elevated CK [creatine kinase] levels are specifically indicative of muscle damage.

Don't rule out other problems, like Hep-C which causes elevated liver enzymes also. A lot of people don't even know they have it, especially younger people. If you take a few days off from the gym, and get blood tests and your liver function tests are still high, assuming your not doing orals, medications, anti-E's, you need to do further testing to rule out Hep-C or other issues.

I once had blood tests done a day or two after doing legs for the first time in a while and I was really sore. When I got the tests back my L.F.T.'s were really high. I knew it was from the leg workout.

So take b-boys advice and take a few days off from the gym before getting blood tests done, otherwise your L.F.T.'s will be askew.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar