over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High or low volume training?

you would serve yourself better if you reversed that.
do heavy stuff first, then lighter.
by doing high reps first you are gonna burn out glycogen in the muscle which is EXACTLY what fast twitch intense lifting uses for energy.
so when you get to the heavy lifting there is no glycogen for ATP if i remember right... so your canabolizing muscle tissue during those heavy intense sets. cuz there is no glycogen to get energy from and not enough oxygen (anaerobic) so..... not good imo.
I’ve tried that for years and there is always a massive reversal..get smaller and weaker every single time.

There is a reason the 20 rep squats routine works

I’ve tried that for years and there is always a massive reversal..get smaller and weaker every single time.

u r leaving out soooo much info tho... 20 reps what tofailure? not to failure? heavy weight or lighter? depending on load an reps will deterimine if body uses glycogen or.. i could go on. short anser white fast twich fibers respond and grow most and they are stimulated at low reps and high intensity soooo meh not big believer in 20 reps works.......
when i competed i was trained by phil hernon. he never had me do 20 rep squats for size lol

u r leaving out soooo much info tho... 20 reps what tofailure? not to failure? heavy weight or lighter? depending on load an reps will deterimine if body uses glycogen or.. i could go on. short anser white fast twich fibers respond and grow most and they are stimulated at low reps and high intensity soooo meh not big believer in 20 reps works.......
when i competed i was trained by phil hernon. he never had me do 20 rep squats for size lol
Brother, if you don’t know about one of the most popular training styles ever..maybe you should learn

As far as Phil goes? I’ve never did enough drugs to be successful with his training

Brother, if you don’t know about one of the most popular training styles ever..maybe you should learn

As far as Phil goes? I’ve never did enough drugs to be successful with his training
The dugs for Phil's routine to be successful is so far off it's funny. And incredibly untrue.

Are you referring to his daily 1 set to failure full body routine? Just curious.
No! That would kill my old man shoulders.......lol
I do the 3 way split, one exercise and three sets per bodypart.
He gave a few routines years ago. One I didn't like and therefore didn't make gains from, and in the later years they were just a bit too bizarre for me.

I usually do this.
Back bi quad
Chest tri shoulder hams
Twice a week. Usually Mon Tues Thur Fri

It's my favorite split. Next would be a fortitude style.

I think where I struggle a bit is separating quads and hams. It just never felt right to me and my workouts are better when I do them together. I have tried...

Legs/Back (ham curl/squats/deadlift/bbrow/pullups)
Chest/shoulder/arms

That has seemed to work. I really can only go to the gym 3 times a week and wondering if maybe going back to full body is just the way to go.

I think where I struggle a bit is separating quads and hams. It just never felt right to me and my workouts are better when I do them together. I have tried...

Chest/shoulder/arms

That has seemed to work. I really can only go to the gym 3 times a week and wondering if maybe going back to full body is just the way to go.
There's a great post from years ago made my Lats that gave a routine similar to Phil's but a 2 way split.

ya know... now that i think about it.... there r red muscle fibers that would respond to those reps (not as much as white fast twitch would) and those would respond to 20 reps. and would be found in the legs lol.
guess i was thinking just muscle in general.
id never go over 20 tho. be wiser to up weight

At 35+ years of training what works for me and kept me progressing through my late forties and arguably today is a low volume DC split.

I train every other day and get in 5-10 sets per bodypart, per session, which adds up quickly enough over a week.
That sound like alot of volume for DC no? 5-10 sets per body part a session. Sounds high volume to me if your doing 4+ body parts a session

ya know... now that i think about it.... there r red muscle fibers that would respond to those reps (not as much as white fast twitch would) and those would respond to 20 reps. and would be found in the legs lol.
guess i was thinking just muscle in general.
id never go over 20 tho. be wiser to up weight

@Fit2Serve I think the poster is referring to “super squats”. Which, if done correctly is not what most bodybuilders would consider a 20 rep set of legs. It’s more of a 10-12 rep max set, that you “cluster” to get to 20 and almost die.

You’d do something like 5 reps…a 3-4 deep breaths, 5 reps, deep breaths, 3 reps, breath, 2 reps, breathe, 2……1…….1………1

Chest/shoulder/arms

It's definitely a personal choice. I like them both. Give fortitude a shot if you haven't already. It can be done in 3 days. It doesn't look like much on paper but if you go all out every set it's demanding. Love it!

If someone were to go from low to high volume what AAS may be best to help with recovery? Not worried about joints...so not necessarily deca. . just CNS fatigue to help combat overtraining? I believe tren is the most anti catabolic, maybe something more anabolic?

If someone were to go from low to high volume what AAS may be best to help with recovery? Not worried about joints...so not necessarily deca. . just CNS fatigue to help combat overtraining? I believe tren is the most anti catabolic, maybe something more anabolic?
I know people have different attitudes about it but I ALWAYS feel better when I'm including Proviron. I've always just went with 25 mgs in the morning but am in my first week of 25 mg at in the morning and at night after a couple months break from it.

I know people have different attitudes about it but I ALWAYS feel better when I'm including Proviron. I've always just went with 25 mgs in the morning but am in my first week of 25 mg at in the morning and at night after a couple months break from it.
I've actually never tried it. Right now just test and mast but if I Jack up volume may want to add something new (been meaning to anyway) but keep total AAS mg per week same.

Maybe var for recovery? I have some primo but never have used it in my life. But I feel like some AAS are probably better for recovery than others based on their properties.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws