over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High or low volume training?

If someone were to go from low to high volume what AAS may be best to help with recovery? Not worried about joints...so not necessarily deca. . just CNS fatigue to help combat overtraining? I believe tren is the most anti catabolic, maybe something more anabolic?
GH seems to be better at this for me than AAS.

I've actually never tried it. Right now just test and mast but if I Jack up volume may want to add something new (been meaning to anyway) but keep total AAS mg per week same.

Maybe var for recovery? I have some primo but never have used it in my life. But I feel like some AAS are probably better for recovery than others based on their properties.
Recovery….such a vague overused word.

Recovered from what? CNS fatigue? Soft tissue injuries? skeletal muscle fatigue?

you're literally splitting hairs right now...
"the best steroid for skeletal muscle fatigue"???

You're on gear. Sleep. Eat. You're on gear...
Your right. One big issue now and the reason I train low volume, stress from work and lack of sleep. I'd like to up volume, but know getting 6 hours a night, probably better to keep it low. Just shows how lifestyle can affect routine.

I started with Fortitude yesterday, basic Tier 1. Funny how it looks easy on paper but I was huffing when I finished. I'm going to stick with it for at least eight weeks to see how I like it.

Your right. One big issue now and the reason I train low volume, stress from work and lack of sleep. I'd like to up volume, but know getting 6 hours a night, probably better to keep it low. Just shows how lifestyle can affect routine.
This entire situation is you THINKIN you have a problem though.
You actually havent upped the volume yet and you're anticipating what?...not progressing?
How do you know that upping the volume wont work? You actually dont.
Make a change, sit with it for 2-4 weeks, then react. The stress you have is probably over dumb shit like THIS lol

Of alllll the PM posters QB, ive never seen someone overanalyze and overthink the most minuuute small simple details like you.
You suffer from paralysis by analysis in basically every aspect of fitness, truly. From nutrition (I saw you question whether tuna + PB was better than a protein shake + PB)
to training (this entire thread and your new "lagging BP" one) to gear (your last response). Im saying this in the most respectful manner because you're a long-time poster like myself — but you have 4,800 posts and 2,400 are you searching for the missing link. You're too much of a vet to even think there IS one....there is no magic optimal way man.
You've been in the game for a long time and you should alreadyyy know the basics and should be doing what works for YOU. Endless searching only complicates and slows you down man. I think you spend far too much time debating and overanalyzing a change. You couldve done whatever self-experiment you wanted, and figured out whether it worked or not .... but instead you spent 2 weeks thinking about it, posting about it on here, flip-flopping, etc.

This entire situation is you THINKIN you have a problem though.
You actually havent upped the volume yet and you're anticipating what?...not progressing?
How do you know that upping the volume wont work? You actually dont.
Make a change, sit with it for 2-4 weeks, then react. The stress you have is probably over dumb shit like THIS lol

Of alllll the PM posters QB, ive never seen someone overanalyze and overthink the most minuuute small simple details like you.
You suffer from paralysis by analysis in basically every aspect of fitness, truly. From nutrition (I saw you question whether tuna + PB was better than a protein shake + PB)
to training (this entire thread and your new "lagging BP" one) to gear (your last response). Im saying this in the most respectful manner because you're a long-time poster like myself — but you have 4,800 posts and 2,400 are you searching for the missing link. You're too much of a vet to even think there IS one....there is no magic optimal way man.
You've been in the game for a long time and you should alreadyyy know the basics and should be doing what works for YOU. Endless searching only complicates and slows you down man. I think you spend far too much time debating and overanalyzing a change. You couldve done whatever self-experiment you wanted, and figured out whether it worked or not .... but instead you spent 2 weeks thinking about it, posting about it on here, flip-flopping, etc.
No offense taken valid post.

I'd say my overanalyzing is mostly training, especially this week as I'm taking a week off to evaluate and program my next routine.

I do talk diet but IMO I get that part, 3k keeps me lean, I'm not someone willing to bulk and older, so given I want to remain lean any improvement I make will be minute vs someone dedicated to an off-season. Gear...I find gear talk boring, I'll usually run 400mg of AAS Total, combos don't matter.

Training I do enjoy reading about and analyzing and I do love to train and your right I do overanalyze it and am resistant to change... probably because in my early years I was too quick to jump routines based on a thread/article, so I'm now the opposite I approach changing my training with caution....to an extreme.

Your post is good feedback. Only way I'll know if 20 sets a week vs 3 rest pause a week will bring up delts a tiny bit in a guy who already has odds against him because he is eating maintenance and on limited drugs.,...is to try it. Your post does put it in perspective, one reason why I like this board sometimes I need my OCD called out lol.

That sound like alot of volume for DC no? 5-10 sets per body part a session. Sounds high volume to me if your doing 4+ body parts a session
That 5-10 sets is spread across 2-3 exercises with one working set each (for the heavier compound lifts).

when talking high or low volume I think it depends on a lot of variables. Low volume guys only count working sets ( sets to failure) high volume guys ( most ) count all sets though most are warm ups . You have extremes on either side but there’s John DeFendis who trained high volume and took every set to failure and trained on a 4 on 1 off double split for years . Even today at 64 he’s still training the same way . I think I looked my best training high volume definitely my biggest but not my strongest .

Reactions: D2
I started with Fortitude yesterday, basic Tier 1. Funny how it looks easy on paper but I was huffing when I finished. I'm going to stick with it for at least eight weeks to see how I like it.
It is a great program Wait till you try tier 3 lol

It is a great program Wait till you try tier 3 lol
I used it many years ago when it first came out. Loved it but also love the simpler, few exercises per workout type program.

I used it many years ago when it first came out. Loved it but also love the simpler, few exercises per workout type program.
Tier 1 is pretty simple.The only thing was having the different equipment and having to go back and forth on some lifts in a crowded gym.

Curious what you mean by this? Do you rotate styles?
no - I combine 2 in one training session, start with pre-fatigue to pump blood to the muscles - then heavy basic low volume moves then usually finish some supersets or dropsets etc

no - I combine 2 in one training session, start with pre-fatigue to pump blood to the muscles - then heavy basic low volume moves then usually finish some supersets or dropsets etc
Interesting, I would like this I think. I may try.

I usually combine high and low reps in the same workout also. For quads after warmup, on my first movement(hacks), I will go as heavy as I safely can(my joints will allow) for 4-8 reps and then drop weight for 8-12 for maybe 2 sets and sometimes drop weight again and do even a little higher on reps(12-15). Nothing is set in stone however as I do what my body will allow me to do for that particular workout day. On my 2nd exercise, leg press, I go for more volume(pump) pick a weight and try to get at least 12 reps(usually 15 reps) and try to either get at least 40 total reps with that weight resting 20 breaths between sets. I usually do 3 sets of this 2nd exercise and try to do more reps/or weight than last workout.

Upper body is the same protocol but on the higher rep sets I usually don't go higher than 12 except for a last 20 rep set at the end. Also, I don't go below 8 reps for back or below 6 for chest(usually). I find the combo works good for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131