over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Phosphate, Bun, Creatnine Levels

cheloz28

Registered
Just had some blood work recently, still trying to get thyroid issue under check with proper meds. Went to see my Endo for results, was asked if I take supplements. I told her yes, currently only take protein powder and BCAAs...which is true since I haven't touched any super supps since January.

Endo said stop taking protein powders, people come in with kidney failure because of this, drink more water. Told me Everything else looks like okay, will do a follow up in 3 months.

Here's my thing, I still feel like crap.
Which I thought was due to my Thyroid issues. Should these other high levels be a concern of mine or I should brush off like my Endo?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Your endo sounds like an idiot. BUN will be higher if you are eating higher protein, and Creatinine will be higher the more muscle you have and if you trained the few days prior to the labs....if you were dehydrated, these numbers will be higher. They were just slightly out of range and typical for most muscled and active individuals. The protein powder is fine. Stay hydrated, and if you are really concerned, take a few days off from training before getting tested again.

Hey Thanks MR BMJ!
I did workout the day before blood test. My weight-lift workouts are pretty quick nothing intense since I get winded easily. I do cardio daily since that's the only thing that keeps from feeling like I'm passing out.

Your right about my Endo being dumb, it's been over 5 months and metabolic levels still ain't right. Going to look for another doc.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

I'm on dialysis and still drink protein powder once to twice a day. My doctor says it's fine and actually encourages it as it keeps my albumin levels in range. Protein powder will not blow out your kidneys unless you are drinking ridiculous amounts. You're creatinine to bun ratio is only slightly out of range and that could be because of anything not related to kidney failure. Maybe you were dehydrated or it could be the very early stages of kidney failure although I doubt it, because your creatinine level itself is fine. I wouldn't worry too much as of yet. Just keep yourself well hydrated, maybe lower your protein powder intake a little bit. As for high phosphorus, you could ask your doctor for a phosphorus binder like Renvela which is what I take to rid the body of excess phosphorus which can be deadly heart wise, BUT only long term high phosphorus levels can cause that.

Last edited:
You're teetering on the brink of subclinical hypothyroidism. You may want to discuss with your primary care provider about pulling an Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO) test.

Are you taking any Vitamin D?

Your BUN and creatinine. Probably a good idea to cut back on the protien intake, make sure you are hydrated and refrain from working out a few days prior to your next set of lab's.

Or ask your primary care provider about pulling a Cystatin C along with a eGFR. There's little interference such as that of creatinine.

You're teetering on the brink of subclinical hypothyroidism. You may want to discuss with your primary care provider about pulling an Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO) test.

Are you taking any Vitamin D?

Your BUN and creatinine. Probably a good idea to cut back on the protien intake, make sure you are hydrated and refrain from working out a few days prior to your next set of lab's.

Or ask your primary care provider about pulling a Cystatin C along with a eGFR. There's little interference such as that of creatinine.

My first primary Diagnosed me with Subclinical Hypo back in Feb. I had my antibodies tested for Hashimotos which came back at zero. It's been a roller coaster ride trying to find the right doc for treatment.

After doing some research about Thyroid issues, I started supplementing with Vitamin D,Iron,Selenium,Iron hoping that it would get rid of my symptoms.

Next set of blood work I'll be sure to refrain from exercise the day before and make sure to drink more water. I'll ask her to add the other tests as well.

Anyone know if you Can screw up your thyroid if you stay on low carb diet for too long?

alpha lipoic acid works great for kidney issues, and sugar regulation 3x day. As does 2 g chitosan.
I think you were just a little dehydrated.
As for Hashi's. you need to run Anti- TGB- Ab to make sure liver isnt affecting thyroid, not just TPO. And hashi comes and goes. Sometimes high, sometimes low....

alpha lipoic acid works great for kidney issues, and sugar regulation 3x day. As does 2 g chitosan.

I think you were just a little dehydrated.

As for Hashi's. you need to run Anti- TGB- Ab to make sure liver isnt affecting thyroid, not just TPO. And hashi comes and goes. Sometimes high, sometimes low....

Thanks John.

I'll add Ala to my vitamin stash.
I was checked for Hashis two months ago.
**broken link removed**

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member