over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High progesterone on cycle - the final thread

Androgens don't actually increase progesterone. I can see false elevations being caused by cross-reactivity between progestagenic androgens (e.g., MENT, Tren, Nandrolone) depending on assay used & I can see that hCG/LH increases side-chain cleavage of cholesterol via cyt. P450 (20-hydroxylase, 22-hydroxylase, 20,22-lyase activity), thereby increasing pregnenolone that via 3B-HSD yields progesterone - so in this case I'd be looking at hCG rather than any androgens. But I cannot fathom why T or EQ would increase progesterone (aside from perhaps cross-reactivity of some intermediate or metabolite - i.e., a false elevation).
More likely exogenous androgens lower progesterone, because they suppress HPTA and testicular steroidogenesis, which is mainly under LH control. As you said, HCG could increase Pgr levels through an increased pregnenolone synthesis. Chemically speaking, there is no way an androgen (even a progestin) could lead to progesterone as a metabolite. There are no enzymes capable of this that i'm aware of.

More likely exogenous androgens lower progesterone, because they suppress HPTA and testicular steroidogenesis, which is mainly under LH control. As you said, HCG could increase Pgr levels through an increased pregnenolone synthesis. Chemically speaking, there is no way an androgen (even a progestin) could lead to progesterone as a metabolite. There are no enzymes capable of this that i'm aware of.
So what in case of someone who does not use HCG, does not use progestin compound and yet got Pgr in high?

A trove of info on progestin and prolactin by @Type-IIx Even as related to estrogen. I suggest a full dose of raloxifene and cabergoline to try to combat any progesterone/prolactin related gynecomastia. Or you just have to lower your dosages or switch compounds. Your long-term options are limited healthwise.

Thanks, OTH. I think between that thread and this one: Risk/reward profile for progesterone/allopregnanolone supplementation @TeaMan can find the answers to his questions.

If this person exists, then you look to other causes of high PROG blood work results (it's not the AAS).
And what may be the causes, for what BW parameters should take closer attention? And why, if higher progesteron are actually good for you?

And what may be the causes, for what BW parameters should take closer attention? And why, if higher progesteron are actually good for you?
Aside from the use of hCG, potential cross-reactivity in assays (false elevations rather than actual; e.g., Nandrolone had very weak [0.17%] cross-reactivity with the Progesterone II immunoassay, as did exemestane [0.09%]), you'd look to pathophysiological progesterone hypersecretion like what may occur in adrenal hyperplasia or PCOS.

I think if you read the cited links you'll find that higher progesterone is not good for men per se: beyond a range of 0.2 - 1.4 ng/mL in men, progesterone may protect the nervous system and brain in acute TBI or stroke recovery (but there are far better therapeutic drugs that can be applied here). Practically, progesterone has some minor role in the adult male brain (as a neurosteroid; synthesized in the brain) and is a significant precursor for aldosterone and cortisol.

You don't want high progesterone.

While supplemental P4 is a potent GABAergic drug/hormone, there are better (more targeted) drugs in this class as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member