over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High progesterone

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone else have this issue and what can we do to lower it? mine is 0.24 (range <0.16). It was even higher when I was taking pregnenolone.

You could stress about it, therefore converting more progesterone to cortisol.

Seriously, pretty sure running High Test will bring it down.

You could stress about it, therefore converting more progesterone to cortisol.

Seriously, pretty sure running High Test will bring it down.

Worth mentioning I have low cortisol and have been struggling to bring it up. Could this raise progesterone?

Worth mentioning I have low cortisol and have been struggling to bring it up. Could this raise progesterone?
Adrenal fatigue?

Well based on cortisol being made from progesterone, I would say that there's a strong possibility that there could be a connection there.

Adrenal fatigue?

Well based on cortisol being made from progesterone, I would say that there's a strong possibility that there could be a connection there.

Yes I've been battling a long battle with adrenal fatigue/low cortisol/hypothyroidism. I am definitely not ruling out a connection. Hopefully it would resolve itself when those things are resolved.

Do you take anything to treat?
Like T3, Iodine or Cortisol?
What do your other hormones/BW look like?
TSH
T4
T3
RT3
Estrogen
DHEA-S
Prolactin
DHT

What AAS do you take? Do you take GH?

Do you take anything to treat?
Like T3, Iodine or Cortisol?
What do your other hormones/BW look like?
TSH
T4
T3
RT3
Estrogen
DHEA-S
Prolactin
DHT

What AAS do you take? Do you take GH?

I’ve tried a number of different things but currently I am on 80mcg of T3, 20mg of lugols iodine (this was added less than a month ago), and started adrenal cortex extract again recently. Also on all the supporting supps. I’ve felt a little better in recent days since upping the T3. I had a very high RT3 and FINALLY got it down to 9.

DHEA is low when I’m not taking it. Estradiol is 22 on 10mg test daily. Estradiol is 45 on 20mg test and 100mg pregnenolone.

progesterone was 0.5 on 20mg test and 100mg preg. Now it’s lower at 0.24 on 10mg test but still higher than the normal range.

fasted blood cortisol was 11.

NH, I don't know if this helps you, but last year I developed a bad case of gynecomastia after discontinuing my long-term use of DHT compounds (Proviron, Masteron) and trying out Trestolone. The combination of the two factors made the gyno grow like crazy, despite the fact that I was taking up to 60mg of Nolvadex per day.

I stopped the Trest, went back to just 200mg of test per week, and the gyno slowly diminished, although my libido has never recovered to what it was before when I was feeling good using the DHT compounds. I was also using 25mcg of T-3 per day through all of this.

A month after stopping the Trest, when I went to my TRT doctor for treatment of the gyno, he measured my progesterone at 0.37 (range <0.15 ng/ml). Pregnenolone was 10 (range 27-203 ng/dl), blood total cortisol was 14.8 ug/dl, estradiol was undetectable as I was using Nolvadex at that time to fight the gyno, DHEA sulfate was 55 (range 44.3-331 ug/dl), free T-4 1.0 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl), free T-3 2.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml), TSH 1.10 (0.40-4.50 miu/l).

I felt miserable then and the gyno still seemed to be getting worse, but it slowly got better. With time I discontinued the Nolvadex and the gyno slowly went away using 200mg test per week, and it did not return when I eventually went back up to 400mg test per week, although I never have felt as good as I did a year-and-a-half ago, before all this started happening to me. I have no idea what my progesterone level is now; I've spent thousands of dollars on blood tests in the past year, trying to figure out why I don't feel well, and I can't afford to have everything tested that I would like to, when I should be saving money for my family.

I did think of you when I was reading at the following link, where it says that pregnenolone and, to a lesser degree, DHEA, boost cytochrome P450 enzymes and lower cortisol levels by inhibiting cortisol synthesis.

I forgot to mention, when my TRT doctor measured my progesterone at 0.37 ng/ml, he did say that I had the highest progesterone levels he had ever seen in a male. That may explain my libido problems over the last year, when previously I had fantastic libido. Don't know if any of this has applicability to your situation. My only solution was, eventually, to up the test, as I feel better with higher than TRT test levels. But I understand that would be difficult for you, as you have problems with high hematocrit/hemoglobin.

NH, I don't know if this helps you, but last year I developed a bad case of gynecomastia after discontinuing my long-term use of DHT compounds (Proviron, Masteron) and trying out Trestolone. The combination of the two factors made the gyno grow like crazy, despite the fact that I was taking up to 60mg of Nolvadex per day.

I stopped the Trest, went back to just 200mg of test per week, and the gyno slowly diminished, although my libido has never recovered to what it was before when I was feeling good using the DHT compounds. I was also using 25mcg of T-3 per day through all of this.

A month after stopping the Trest, when I went to my TRT doctor for treatment of the gyno, he measured my progesterone at 0.37 (range <0.15 ng/ml). Pregnenolone was 10 (range 27-203 ng/dl), blood total cortisol was 14.8 ug/dl, estradiol was undetectable as I was using Nolvadex at that time to fight the gyno, DHEA sulfate was 55 (range 44.3-331 ug/dl), free T-4 1.0 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl), free T-3 2.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml), TSH 1.10 (0.40-4.50 miu/l).

I felt miserable then and the gyno still seemed to be getting worse, but it slowly got better. With time I discontinued the Nolvadex and the gyno slowly went away using 200mg test per week, and it did not return when I eventually went back up to 400mg test per week, although I never have felt as good as I did a year-and-a-half ago, before all this started happening to me. I have no idea what my progesterone level is now; I've spent thousands of dollars on blood tests in the past year, trying to figure out why I don't feel well, and I can't afford to have everything tested that I would like to, when I should be saving money for my family.

I did think of you when I was reading at the following link, where it says that pregnenolone and, to a lesser degree, DHEA, boost cytochrome P450 enzymes and lower cortisol levels by inhibiting cortisol synthesis.

I forgot to mention, when my TRT doctor measured my progesterone at 0.37 ng/ml, he did say that I had the highest progesterone levels he had ever seen in a male. That may explain my libido problems over the last year, when previously I had fantastic libido. Don't know if any of this has applicability to your situation. My only solution was, eventually, to up the test, as I feel better with higher than TRT test levels. But I understand that would be difficult for you, as you have problems with high hematocrit/hemoglobin.

This actually is helpful, as I have/had similar blood test numbers as the ones you stated. It looks like you also had some hypothyroid/cortisol problems. I'd be curious what new lab tests would look like in your case. I don't want pregnenolone/DHEA to lower cortisol obviously, but I also don't want those levels to be low either.

This actually is helpful, as I have/had similar blood test numbers as the ones you stated. It looks like you also had some hypothyroid/cortisol problems. I'd be curious what new lab tests would look like in your case. I don't want pregnenolone/DHEA to lower cortisol obviously, but I also don't want those levels to be low either.

Yes, continuing hypothyroid problems, and not sure what to do about them. I've tried supplementing with T-3 alone, but it seems to make me feel worse and more lethargic with up and down energy levels. I wonder how you split up your dosing? I couldn't seem to get it right, so I've discontinued the T-3 for now.

Latest labs from 4/21/20, off any thyroid meds, are free T-4 1.1 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl), free T-3 2.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml), TSH 1.50 (0.40-4.50 miu/l). Estradiol 120, way too high obviously, if I am not taking anything to control it...AI's always seem to make me feel worse even at microdoses.

Hey sides why not cruise a low dose of mast. I understand cleaning out. This just caught my attention, i have been on a very low dose of mast and prov for right at a year. 300 of mast 40 a day of prov, and test of course. Im thinking i should clean off the dht but im scared lol,i feel great.

And yes i have noticed i dont need my arimidex at all,witch is nice.

Hey sides why not cruise a low dose of mast. I understand cleaning out. This just caught my attention, i have been on a very low dose of mast and prov for right at a year. 300 of mast 40 a day of prov, and test of course. Im thinking i should clean off the dht but im scared lol,i feel great.

Believe me, I would love to. Masteron was always my favorite steroid, and I used Masteron and Proviron for years to successfully combat high E2 side effects. But last year Masteron started giving me bad cystic acne, and I started feeling worse libido while using Proviron, although it might have been related to thyroid issues or something else. When I discontinued the Proviron, after being on for well over a year, I felt sick as if I was suffering withdrawal symptoms, and my E2 was out of control.

The only study I've been able to find where men felt ill after discontinuing long-term Proviron use is the following study, which reported men feeling ill after going off Proviron after 12+ weeks of use. They attributed it to DHEA issues, but I believe long term use of DHT compounds lowers your body's own ability for 5-AR to make your own endogenous DHT.

"We studied whether long-term use of mesterolone (12 weeks and longer) changed the pattern of steroid metabolites in urine from male subjects. We noticed an increase in dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) levels from 211-4 +/- 130.5 ug/die to 9943.8 +/- 6564.7 ug/die in the urine of all subjects tested. This increase was significant. After mesterolone administration was discontinued, DHEA levels decreased to their initial value. DHEA levels showed the smallest increase in those subjects having high plasma FSH levels. Perhaps the delta 4 pathway of testosterone synthesis may be preferred in these three subjects. We suppose that mesterolone has a blocking effect on the delta 5 pathway of testosterone synthesis. DHEA from the DHEA-pool can be used for testosterone synthesis and mesterolone seems to block some enzymes in the synthetic pathway. We were not able to detect a decrease in plasma testosterone levels during mesterolone use because of technical problems. Moreover, our patients told us that they felt ill after discontinuing mesterolone use; it may be possible that there is a psychotropic DHEA-effect during mesterolone use."

Oh shit. Very interesting. Well i have zero acne,never a problem even when i was younger. About two months back i noticed a slight decrease in my sex drive drop the prov to 20mg a day and my sex drive increased so i understand that part lol. And hells bells i have not had blood work in two years now so i have no idea whats going on,but i feel good. I understand tho i should give the mast a break. I use life flo dhea cream 30mg eod year around. There again have no idea my levels,but i feel good. Tell you what this can be complicated.

Yes, continuing hypothyroid problems, and not sure what to do about them. I've tried supplementing with T-3 alone, but it seems to make me feel worse and more lethargic with up and down energy levels. I wonder how you split up your dosing? I couldn't seem to get it right, so I've discontinued the T-3 for now.

Latest labs from 4/21/20, off any thyroid meds, are free T-4 1.1 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl), free T-3 2.6 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml), TSH 1.50 (0.40-4.50 miu/l). Estradiol 120, way too high obviously, if I am not taking anything to control it...AI's always seem to make me feel worse even at microdoses.

It sucks how difficult it is to fix hypothyroidism for so many people. And the medical establishment gives zero fucks and just prescribes T4 for everyone, without even bothering to look at anything else. Obviously, you know your FT3 is way too low. Mine was 3.0 at it's highest off thyroid meds. Occasionally a decimal point or two lower, and I felt awful. RT3 was 22-30 depending on the test. I'm glad I got it down to 9, but I'm afraid if I stop T3, it will go back up and FT3 will not be high enough. I'm really struggling to figure out which direction I want to go.

Another shitty occurrence is I developed an iron overload from T3. I used to deal with low iron and now it's high. I simply can't win.

Thanks for that, that was all really helpful thought sorry to hear this has been a problem.

I just post way too long of a thread on some similar issues and not really sure what's up with me either. Not sure if its thyroid or the adrenal/cortisol pathway. Same on spending thousands trying to figure it out. Stuff is getting real old

It sucks how difficult it is to fix hypothyroidism for so many people. And the medical establishment gives zero fucks and just prescribes T4 for everyone, without even bothering to look at anything else. Obviously, you know your FT3 is way too low. Mine was 3.0 at it's highest off thyroid meds. Occasionally a decimal point or two lower, and I felt awful. RT3 was 22-30 depending on the test. I'm glad I got it down to 9, but I'm afraid if I stop T3, it will go back up and FT3 will not be high enough. I'm really struggling to figure out which direction I want to go.

Another shitty occurrence is I developed an iron overload from T3. I used to deal with low iron and now it's high. I simply can't win.

Maybe the iron overload is part of what happened to me. I've been taking T-3 since November of 2017, which at first made me feel better and of course made me leaner. But over time I started feeling worse from taking T-3 and not better. Part of that is undoubtedly due to the short half life, and peaks and valleys of energy. But now if I take T-3 it makes me sluggish and I have no energy, so I have to take stimulants just to get through the day. I've stopped taking it, but now I still have the hypothyroid problems and feel terrible.

I don't know if I should try supplementing with T-4, and hope that it brings up my low T-3. My endocrinologist wants me to wait a few months and see if my natural thyroid levels recover, but of course he doesn't have to live with it, so it's easy for him to say.

Maybe the iron overload is part of what happened to me. I've been taking T-3 since November of 2017, which at first made me feel better and of course made me leaner. But over time I started feeling worse from taking T-3 and not better. Part of that is undoubtedly due to the short half life, and peaks and valleys of energy. But now if I take T-3 it makes me sluggish and I have no energy, so I have to take stimulants just to get through the day. I've stopped taking it, but now I still have the hypothyroid problems and feel terrible.

I don't know if I should try supplementing with T-4, and hope that it brings up my low T-3. My endocrinologist wants me to wait a few months and see if my natural thyroid levels recover, but of course he doesn't have to live with it, so it's easy for him to say.

A common problem with T3 only is youll feel better for a few days on a specific dose, then the symptoms come back. You pretty much have to keep increasing the dose in small increments every few days to a week. Also, if the thyroid doesn't have adequate nutrients, it won't heal.

A common problem with T3 only is youll feel better for a few days on a specific dose, then the symptoms come back. You pretty much have to keep increasing the dose in small increments every few days to a week. Also, if the thyroid doesn't have adequate nutrients, it won't heal.

That's what I'm afraid I've been doing for a long time now as I increased the dose of T-3, perhaps further shutting down my own thyroid in the process. If I don't take the thyroid, I feel bad, but now if I take the T-3 I feel worse. So I haven't gotten the dosage right yet.

I tried supplementing with kelp for the extra iodine, but that made my body odor stink like fish, so I don't think I am deficient in that particular nutrient LOL. Maybe extra selenium would help.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear