over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High protien & fat VS high protien and carbs

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok so some people follow the idea of high protien , low carbs and high fat while others follow the high protien , high/moderate carbs and lower fat , for dieting.
first question
I can't get my head around how the higher fat diet helps you loose body fat faster than the lower fat higher carb diet does.
For example
500g/Protien , 50g/carbs , 125g/Fats = 3325 calories
500g/Protien , 200g/Carbs , 50g/fat = 3250 calories.
I was told that I would surely NOT loose any body fat on the later high carb diet and if anything gain weight.
I just can't understand how a little bit LESS calories comming from food that is supposed to be digested faster (carbs) will keep you from loosing weight?

I'm sure that it has somthing to do with how the body uses and stores all of it differantly but I haven't found any solid data or comments other than he said she siad type stuff.
Can sombody shed light on this for me?

Second question?
What are some carbs counted and other not , 6 weeks ago I was under the impression that you could eat all the broccoli and spinanch you wanted and not count those carbs as the dietary fiber or somthing offset the calories they offer so I was eating my weight in chicken and broccoli and EVOO /almonds for fats trying to loose weight. Trying hard to stay away from ANY high glycemic carbs like fruit and such
But now I'm counting ALL my carbs striving to meet 50g/Protien , 20g/Carbs and 10g/Fat ratio per meal , I'm eating green salad , broccoli , spinach and FRUIT , bananas , plums , apples , melon by the pound and all the carbs count the same? how is that?
I've been mixing two cans of tuna in a bowl with 2.5 cups of spinach and greens , covering with a tea spoon EVOO and pepper for seasoning and still comming up short on my carbs
I was checking out some Fat free Ranch dressing and it only has 6g carbs per serving not fats or protien , so I'm wondering if I can toss a serving of the fat free ranch on their to bring the ratio up to spec and improve the taste. Honestly I could do without about half of the greens in the "tuna sald" and would likely make it taste alot better but I would not be meeting the "macro" count arranged.

I have a great guy helping me out with the diet and I'm following it to the T but these question keep bugging me and rather than use up his time asking question that I'm sure a hundred other dumb shits before me have I just figured that some of ya'll could shed some light or at least share you oppinions .

I will never ever do a keto type diet. I am currently dieting now and I do a low fat, high protein, low carb diet. I've tried the atkins diet a long time ago and had no energy whatsoever. Being on keto makes you feel like a zombie. While it does longer to lose weight on a protein/carb diet, you won't feel like shit all time because of absence of carbs on a protein/fat diet. I have a friend who likes to do the keto diet because he loses weight faster than a protein/carb diet but he tells me that he feels like shit on it.

I bet shelby will shead some light on this ...I'll let him go first ...

You guys......

Make is soooooooooooo complicated
1 .Calories in calories out-with the X factor being protein.........and ( XF) fat of course...........now take that equation and times it by the unknown ( R) and divide it by carbohydrate grams per hour ( GPH) of a given workload...add in proper workout and supplementation and there you have it

This really comes down to Insulin Resistance and Insulin Sensitivity issues...

I think both work though, be glad that there is more than one way to skin a bird. Find out what works best for you;)

BMJ

from a hormonal perspective carbs increase insulin which is a storage hormone it will both store exesive energy as fat and fat will not be released in the presance of insulin on the othere hand in the absence of insulin gucagon is released and gucagon promotes fat release and breakedown, low carb diets will also increase gh plus igf1 and we all know what these hormones do for fat lose, its also a very individual thing so experiment and see what workes better for you

I knew that it would boil down to an individuals body but for the most part.

1 .Calories in calories out-with the X factor being protein.........and ( XF) fat of course...........now take that equation and times it by the unknown ( R) and divide it by carbohydrate grams per hour ( GPH) of a given workload...add in proper workout and supplementation and there you have it

Hell, Phil, you made it complicated! :D

I'm a dumbass, can you break that down into something I could understand? :confused:

:)

Still laughing about this. The more I read it, the funnier it gets.

you forgot to divide by 2 then times Pi (3.14) I know I know put up a pic in trunks,just kidding bro

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly