over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High rep deadlifts. Anyone?

I do Smith rack deadlifts and typically do 10-12 reps. If I go under 10 it's almost always because I'm moving up to a new weight or intentionally testing my strength at low reps. I've found 8-12 reps on rowing and pulling movements to be ideal for adding size to my back.

I recommend you try rack deadlifts. By taking the lower body out of it you can focus more on pulling with the back and get the gains you're looking for.
I do them time to time, but for some reason I don't get the desired feel. Maybe I'll try with deadlift bar, to 'lock' myself in.

I do them periodically in certain blocks. I'll do 6-8x10 and start a new set every 90 seconds. Weight will be something close to a 20 rep max though. Still can't keep that up for more than 6 weeks before needing to transition.

Another thing you could try are snatch grip deadlifts or reeves deadlifts if you have a hex bar. I barely even need 3x10 of relatively modest weight on those to fry my upper back and traps.

Edit: Just noticed Kirk rows suggested. Those are outstanding (and humbling) as well.
Did some kirk rows, very humbling to say the least. 2 hours later and I still feel my traps are fatigued. 3 sets of 10 was all it took.

Bro when I hit my all time deadlift PR it felt so stupidly heavy everything hurt. I could feel it pulling the skin on my neck and traps like it would tear, my arm bones felt
Like they were stretching, and I literally hit the upper limits of my cns and began shaking uncontrollably until I locked it out. It was like I could literally feel my nervous system

Sounds like SOMEBODY got themselves a taste of what it feels like to die for the Sins of Mankind and become all of humanity's Lord & Savior 🎚🧔

That's a nutty pull 700us is nutty to me. I really wanted to do 585 for 8 sub 200lbs.
I’ve never been great at heavy weight for reps. I’m a maximal strength guy. If I hit of set of 600 for 3…..the next set 5 minutes later I might get 1, or maybe even none. I’ve never been strong for reps. Even with volume training or dc. I’ll get 11 or 12 reps on my first rest pause, then I’ll get 3, then 1.

Did some kirk rows, very humbling to say the least. 2 hours later and I still feel my traps are fatigued. 3 sets of 10 was all it took.
Glad to hear you liked them. They really have been a favorite of mine since probably 2002-2003ish? And my traps are definitely a strong point. Obviously they never were when I started at 6’1” 141 lbs. I built those bastards with hard work

Sounds like SOMEBODY got themselves a taste of what it feels like to die for the Sins of Mankind and become all of humanity's Lord & Savior
Man it really was kind of an out of body experience. True fight or flight. Like death might be on the table and my body was doing everything it could to direct all motor functioning to pulling this shit off the ground. It was like being able to feel all my organs working lol. I can’t imagine how guys like Thor and Eddie are deadlifting over 1000 pounds. Insane

I do them time to time, but for some reason I don't get the desired feel. Maybe I'll try with deadlift bar, to 'lock' myself in.

I don't feel the same either, rack deadlifts are tough but you don't get the same feeling of exhaustion in general.

Never higher than 10 reps but never lower than 4 reps.

I hear ya. I always thought overtraining was bs, until I did it from a heavy set of deads and create colitis flare due to physical stress.
I always do touch and go, and controlled throughout, if not I'm paranoid I have more room for error since I'm resetting.
I also deadlift at the end of my workout to somewhat lower the strength availability. Good or bad idea?

As you get older, moving barbell movements down the session is a great idea. EX:

DB flat press
BB incline
Etc

Leg curls
Leg press
BB squats

Pullups
Chest support rows
Deads….

Well, once you've achieved the size you'd like to continue to live with, goals and routines change. I absolutely love what high volume deads do to improve my day to day life. 10 sets of 10.....135lbs is enough. I'm not looking to grow, I'm looking for functionality, and this is very effective.

Wondering if anyone does deads in a higher rep range? If so do you guys prefer it over the 6-8 mark and not to failure?
I want to reimplement them into my training, but last session I did with them I overtrained and fucked up my gi and it flared up(hence why I know I overtrained). That was with 495x5/failure.
Would higher sets of let's say 10-12, 2-3 sets be worthwhile? This is for upper back thickness. Thanks guys.

I'm guessing this thread was started because of a high rep deadlift challenge that was on Instagram yesterday

I think it was at Redcon 1 gym

315lbs x 50 reps

Try them on a Smith machine where the movement of the bar is angled towards you. I can't feel rack deadlifts very well with a barbell but the Smith is totally different.

Ack thickness. My upper back/ trap thickness is dogshit.
There are a lot better options that will cause much less CNS fatigue
But i'm sure itll look cool for the teenagers at the gym

I'm guessing this thread was started because of a high rep deadlift challenge that was on Instagram yesterday

I think it was at Redcon 1 gym

315lbs x 50 reps
Na. Primarily for working around my own gi problems. I know deads help woth adding a good amount of tissue on someone's back. But when I do them to failure gi flares up. My idea of high rep is like 3x10-12. Not stupid reps like that. I'm definitely far from capable of those wild numbers

Man it really was kind of an out of body experience. True fight or flight. Like death might be on the table and my body was doing everything it could to direct all motor functioning to pulling this shit off the ground. It was like being able to feel all my organs working lol. I can’t imagine how guys like Thor and Eddie are deadlifting over 1000 pounds. Insane

Now imagine if you could take that feeling, add an enanthate ester to it, brew it in some Benzyl Bonzoate and Grape Seed oil, put it a vial, crimp it and slang it in a 200mg/ml concentrate.

Iv thrown up doing 30 rep dead’s. Also herniated two discs. I don’t think it’s really to safe as you require so much for the lift form wise. High rep squats is another animal entirely. I still do all my sets 20-30 reps. No one that I train with can ever get through a quad workout with me. The high reps fucking kill them. But Iv been doing them for so long it works well for me and Iv never been injured doing them. Iv had several injuries deadlifting. Once was my favorite lift but rarely do them anymore because they absolutely fuck with my spine.

yes.
only higher reps since early 30s.
i love rack pulls on the smith or free, really just a dl with a cpl inches of lift.
20-30 reps with 3-5 plates i feel is much harder work then some singles.

There are a lot better options that will cause much less CNS fatigue
But i'm sure itll look cool for the teenagers at the gym
I agree that I feel deadlifts more in my hamstrings, glutes and lower back. Especially as the reps increase

I agree that I feel deadlifts more in my hamstrings, glutes and lower back. Especially as the reps increase

I had this problem with touch and go. I switched to full resets with controlled negatives and my upper back and lats get thrashed.

I hate touch and go now. I had used that form my whole life until last year when I did a version of 5/3/1 that called for singles. Since you use the ORM calculator, a training max, and percentages, I should've been able to move the weight for that day. Especially since I hit my numbers on the other three lifts. The bar didn't even budge and I realized my calculations were inaccurate based on that form. You shortchange your strength development because only the first rep is a true pull and the remaining get momentum no matter how slow and controlled you are. So if someone can deadlift 405 x 8 touch and go, that should give them a ORM of 510. I guarantee that bar won't move an inch if they attempted it.

I still respect touch and go. Doug Miller's videos are insane. I just hate it for myself because it humbled me to realize I'm not as strong as I thought I was. Hunter Labrada does full resets and he's got some good videos on his IG.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws