over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Reps for Growth

I too increased my reps and adjusted the weight accordingly to help with joints, aches and pains and fear of injuring myself with to much weight and have made the best improvements in my physique. I do anywhere between 10-18 reps 3-4 sets per exercise. Usually 4 exercises per body part.

great article, and I've read elsewhere that high reps for legs is the way to go. I've tried it a few times. my issue was endurance.

Reps

So to grow and get lean guys u saying more reps rather then heavy 4 to 6 reps.Thanks guys

I definitely been going higher in the 20rep range and i have to say im getting much better pumps and workouts seem more satisfying... ill go heavy like every 4weeks to give my legs a break then go back to reps

I'm assuming drop-setting without breaks would accomplish this and still enable you to start heavy and finish with lighter loads while still hitting 20+ reps?

I'm assuming drop-setting without breaks would accomplish this and still enable you to start heavy and finish with lighter loads while still hitting 20+ reps?

How does one do a drop set? Wouldot be like 315 for 5 then take of 50 pounds and do another 5 and then go down to 225 and do another5 etc?

is this just for legs?

Last edited:
I have been trying this with all muscle groups and the pumps are much better and my form is also perfect. Only been doing this for the last few weeks. Iam walondering if the high reps will lead to better growth since more time under tension

I have been trying this with all muscle groups and the pumps are much better and my form is also perfect. Only been doing this for the last few weeks. Iam walondering if the high reps will lead to better growth since more time under tension

I wonder about this too as i'm starting back after a long layoff due to tendonitis in shoulders and elbows, or maybe more than tendonitis in one shoulder. At this point, and age (48), heavy weights make me nervous.

Did any one ever hear of sadiv sets? I have seen something on face book and tmag about it.

Pretty sure it's 60% of your Max and you do as many reps as you can in 12 minutes.

Ive had 4 knee surgeries on my right knee and im now 30% disabled in that leg plus L5/S1 surgery so the leg press is my best friend now. I normally do 10-12 reps but now switching to higher reps like 20. Hell, im going to switch all body parts to this. 20 for lower and 15 for upper?

What is ya'lls typical leg day look like? leg press 20 rep sets, leg ext and leg curls?

Because of the accumulated aches and pains I've collected (I have more old injuries than Jackie Chan) I decided to try this a few months ago. 15 reps for upper body and 20 for lower. I like it. It's working well for me, and beating my old joints up a lot less than my customary 5-10 reps...

Out of curiosity to those who are upping their reps ranges for all body parts, are you still ramping up the weight each set ( even if its a small jump in weight ) or keeping the same weight? Also have you made any adjustments in the rest periods you take between sets ?

In the 26 years I have been lifting, this is the one thing I would have done differently over the years and that is I wouldn't have went so heavy so often. I cannot go heavy at all anymore due to arthritis, bone spurs and too many surgeries to repair muscle tears. Now I pretty much stay lighter, drop set the sh@# out of everything and have minimal rest (20-30 seconds) in between sets. Sucks getting old.

I strongly agree with heavy weight and high rep range for all body parts.
For growth you will need slow controlled movements with a rep range between 10-15. Myself shoot for 12-15 range.

i actually talked to a guy who possibly could have made this up but put high volume as working all fascia of the muscle not just the fast twitch so you get deeper muscle bellys.... makes since to me

I also do a pre exhaust with my legs every week leg curls and leg extensions for 25-50 reps 4 sets at the beginning of my workout so when it comes time to squat i might get 225-315

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws