over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Sodium

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Whos taking extra sodium on their diet?

I heard that high sodium is beneficial and it wont make you retain water if you drink enough water.

Im thinking of adding 5-6 grams of Celtic Sea Salt to my diet.

I really think that anti sodium vibe is bs...

I salt every meal. Feel better, better pumps, better training. I eat clean And if I don't add salt feel like death and crave peanut butter 24/7

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Whos taking extra sodium on their diet?

I heard that high sodium is beneficial and it wont make you retain water if you drink enough water.

Im thinking of adding 5-6 grams of Celtic Sea Salt to my diet.

I really think that anti sodium vibe is bs...

Just curious , what are you looking to gain by adding extra sodium ? I personally struggle wit borderline high blood pressure on trt doses but when I blast especially once tren is added my blood pressure skyrockets to 160/100. I don't add salt to anything and when I cook I try to use as little sodium in my diet as possible .

Just curious , what are you looking to gain by adding extra sodium ? I personally struggle wit borderline high blood pressure on trt doses but when I blast especially once tren is added my blood pressure skyrockets to 160/100. I don't add salt to anything and when I cook I try to use as little sodium in my diet as possible .

Not adding salt probably isn't making much difference in blood pressure. And in fact too little sodium is problematic.

This is a great read.

Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Not adding salt probably isn't making much difference in blood pressure. And in fact too little sodium is problematic.

This is a great read.

Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

I get plenty of sodium in my meals , I probably still get around 2000 mg /day .when I start eating like shit I hold a lot of water and feel bloated

Im on lowcarb diet, Fats and protein are high.Since i dont eat any processed foods at all, i only get sodium from whole eggs and minimal foods.

Since i drink 4 liter of water per day too i think i was too low on sodium before.

I experience with adding Sea Salt to my diet.My muscle look fuller and i feel better.I get alot more pump in the gym.

I read that Low carb diet act as a diuretic on the body and you need to add salt to the diet.

Sea salt has ALOT of Vital minerals and when training hard, you deplete the body from those minerals.

I read too that BP and Sodium has very little connection, it was just a myth to sell more (Low sodium Foods) and doctors. Much like the link between Cholesterol foods and BLood cholesterol.

I get plenty of sodium in my meals , I probably still get around 2000 mg /day .when I start eating like shit I hold a lot of water and feel bloated

2g/day is not enough. And "high" sodium =/= eating like shit, totally different things.

2g/day is not enough. And "high" sodium =/= eating like shit, totally different things.

I appreciate your advice and might try experimenting with eating clean and adding more sodium .i don't know if adding more will benefit me or raise my blood pressure but I am willing to give it a shot

I appreciate your advice and might try experimenting with eating clean and adding more sodium .i don't know if adding more will benefit me or raise my blood pressure but I am willing to give it a shot

Check out the article I posted. It references studies to support the claims. I don't think sodium is the demon it's been made out to be.

I can relate. When dieting for contest I probably get 5-7 grams of sodium and off season eating abunch of shit I bloat horribly. But a high sodium clean diet usually doesn't bother me at all. You need sodium.

OP, also try calcium magnesium zinc. Other than sodium your muscle needs calcium to contract. My strength is always on point when I supplement this before workouts

I think it depends on genetics as well. Ill bloat up easily with a moonface with high sodium.

sodium is the second most abundant mineral in the body as i remember. if you cook al,l your own food from fresh ingredients. and don't eat much if any processed,frozen, canned food then i have found it can help in recovery etc. i started using sodium years a go after a long bout of not using it. and found the muscles recovered faster were fuller and not as achy.

I have always enjoyed salty foods and for yrs was bashed for the amount I consume. I've had border line high BP since a teenager (higher on tren) and all blamed it on my salt intake.
Took a blood test and all checked out exept low sodium! go figure.
Being active and sweating daily removes excess sodium.
Remember when athletes and construction workers were recommended to take Salt tabs?

It varies from person to person. High sodium jacks my BP up. My sister and fiancee can eat shit loads with zero effect. Buddy can as well. But I've taken care of patients that even one high sodium meal can give them extreme headaches from the fluid retention and BP increase.

Just like some can grow like a weed on 250/wk of test and others need substantially more. All in genes and that particular person.

Edit. My sodium pre "new diet" was 148. Now it's 145. In other words, totally normal.

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed salty foods and for yrs was bashed for the amount I consume. I've had border line high BP since a teenager (higher on tren) and all blamed it on my salt intake.
Took a blood test and all checked out exept low sodium! go figure.
Being active and sweating daily removes excess sodium.
Remember when athletes and construction workers were recommended to take Salt tabs?

i remember when athletes were told to abstain from sex to enhance performance as well............go figure!

Keep your sodium in nice and high till the very end! Even then i would only tweak it slightly maybe before show time, keeps them pumps going good and keeps the muscles full and hydrated

Atm im using seasoning on my chicken and steak....but that's about all that has sodium in...

I add electrolytes intra which has sodium in but guessing I could do to add sea salt to my meals too...

Contains in the seasoning...

Typical Values: Sodium
Typical values per 3g portion: 0.29g
Typical Values: Salt Equivalent
Typical values per 3g portion: 0.72g

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i use loads of salt in my diet. i eat foods pretty high in sodium already, but i love eating salty so i put salt on anything thats not sweet.
i DO experience water retention when i start eating like that (like coming out of a cut) for a couple days, but then it balances itself out. i think ive read somewhere that your body takes 4 or 5 days of consistently high sodium intake and it balances diuretics hormones (i think it was aldosterone or something like that) out, so that water retention goes away as long as sodium intake remains consistent (doesnt matter if high or low).

i sometimes have to piss like 4 or 5 times a night when i eat low sodium and lower carbs for 1-2 days by accident. and sometimes when sodium gets higher i drink like 4 or 5 liters in a day and only piss like 4-5 times over the whole day :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131