over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Sodium...

Andro308

Registered
I have been having great results with a super high protein diet. I have been using an egg whites protein powder getting 2g per pound in protein.

I have noticed that due to the high amount of sodium I am now getting, I am holding a good amount of water no matter how much water I drink.
Would taking dandelion root or maybe just a potassium supplement help with water retention???

Thoughts?

I would suggest simply cutting down your sodium intake. Track your diet and look it over to find out where you can cut sodium. A much more reliable and healthy way rather than looking for supplements to do so.

It's from all my protein I am taking from egg white powder.

Be sure you aren't getting fat. I see lots of people blaming sodium intake when in reality they are taking in too many calories and just start to gain fat...

do you know your sodium intake?

If you're high on sodium and consuming a ton of water and still holding excess whatever your electrolytes are likely out of balance. What's your potassium, magnesium and calcium levels look like if you keep track of them?

Finding a proper balance with them will likely fix the water retention because you're probably not consuming enough of them relative to the sodium/water intake.

Be sure you aren't getting fat. I see lots of people blaming sodium intake when in reality they are taking in too many calories and just start to gain fat...

haha funny but valid question

If you know what your problem is then what is the point of this thread

It's pretty hard to eat 2g/lb of protein with out shakes. Egg whites protein powder is the only kind of protein I can use without getting sick.

If you're high on sodium and consuming a ton of water and still holding excess whatever your electrolytes are likely out of balance. What's your potassium, magnesium and calcium levels look like if you keep track of them?

Finding a proper balance with them will likely fix the water retention because you're probably not consuming enough of them relative to the sodium/water intake.

I just looked and my sodium is a good amount higher than my potassium.
I am going to try supplementing with potassium and see if this solves the problem. I read the potassium forces the excess sodium out of the body through Urination.

Thanks for the help!!

How much potassium is safe if my sodium is in the 6g range while potassium is only 3g-4g range

The 3-4g of potassium is from food. How much should I supplement with or what is safe

Honestly you need to lose fat and very lean. Sodium will be your friend not the enemy when bodyfat is low.

Ok first of all I know the difference between fat and bloat.
I have abs now and I am vascular. The question was how much potassium is safe.

How much potassium is safe if my sodium is in the 6g range while potassium is only 3g-4g range

The 3-4g of potassium is from food. How much should I supplement with or what is safe

When my sodium gets that I high I just do a 1:1 ratio. I would not buy potassium supplements but get low sodium v8 juice and drink 16 oz daily. The v8 will add in another 1600mg of patassium and get you closer to where you want to be while adding extra fiber/nutrients to your diet.

Would dandilion root help? An old trainer told me to take that a while back. He loved it and said it's really good for you and helps a ton with water.

Would dandilion root help? An old trainer told me to take that a while back. He loved it and said it's really good for you and helps a ton with water.

It will help a little but I don't think it's going to do as much as your hoping for. If you use dandilion then make sure you increase your water even more otherwise you will become dehydrated.

trying to balance sodium and potassium to eliminate water will likely be fruitless. Are you taking anything that aromatizes or raises IGF-1 levels? Holding a lot of water despite high water intake isnt a good sign. Your kidneys are taking a pounding.

Also, where is your carb intake? Often times high carbs with high sodium is the culprit. When doing a lower carb diet, I can have a lot of sodium, and it simply keeps the muscle full

trying to balance sodium and potassium to eliminate water will likely be fruitless. Are you taking anything that aromatizes or raises IGF-1 levels? Holding a lot of water despite high water intake isnt a good sign. Your kidneys are taking a pounding.

Also, where is your carb intake? Often times high carbs with high sodium is the culprit. When doing a lower carb diet, I can have a lot of sodium, and it simply keeps the muscle full

plang, saw your other posts about your situation a few weeks ago, it's great to have you back here and glad you're doing well health-wise.

Honestly you need to lose fat and very lean. Sodium will be your friend not the enemy when bodyfat is low.

When i am lean i find sodium keeps me fuller and i can feel them contract better.

When i am lean i find sodium keeps me fuller and i can feel them contract better.

I have noticed the same. Pumps are nuts.
Today is a low to no carb day.
Got some dandilion root since it's so cheap.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws