YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Higher fat content in pros diet - how's that possible with potential slin use?

By the end of last offseason i was on an average of 800g carbs ed, 30mins cardio ed, 1g Metformin XR (but gave me such a bad acid reflux), 10iu Log with prewo meal and postwo meal, had 50 hbcd and 20g eaa intra, 10iu HGH before wo/bed ed.
My glucose fasted was around 80-85ish.

Then by the end i added 10iu Lantus before bed, removed Metformin, glucose was around the same.

So i applied almost what @gradeaphysique said... Instead of a 70/30 insulin, isn't possible to just use Humalog pre and postwo or Humalin R prewo?
For sure. My preference is 70/30. It will begin working 30 min after application and does most of its work through a 6 hour period. I think that is perfect for peri workout and has far less chance to result in a hypo.

Hi guys are you ever wonder hows that even possible that whenever one of the top pro's shere they "full day of eating" for example guys like Nick Walker, Brett W etc. In many cases there is quite a bit of fat in ther diets, even around training. These guys eat, for example, cream of rice + steak + almond butter befer training etc. They also very often use not very lean beef and lots of salmon (even after training, for example J. Holingshead in his recent video). I can't believe these guys don't use insulin before/after training, it just seems like a waste of potential, especially for those who still need to grow like Brett. What do you guys think is the reason for all these fats (especially before training) and how does this relate to insulin use?

I haven't read most of the replies so it's probably been covered but a few things come to mind...

- The notion that you can't use fat when using insulin is complete nonsense.
- Whilst the above is true most use fast acting slin and they prefer keeping fat low (doesn't have to be zero) when it's active so they simply consume most of their fats away from that insulin (workout) time.
- Whilst many pro's consume fats I think the majority of them consume relatively low fat.
- What are you considering high fat. Do you think 100g (900 calories) of fat is very high especially when most of them are 250-300 pounds of muscle, training daily, doing cardio daily and taking loads of drugs. I don't think 100g is a lot and I don't see many pro's consuming way over that (maybe 150g) but very few are doing 200, 300, 400g etc).
- Every point is equally as important but the fact most pro's are taking at least 6g pharm or 10g generic HGH daily and many even double or treble that makes a massive difference in regards to their body composition and how they process things. It will also make a huge difference when using larger doses of insulin as well.

For sure. My preference is 70/30. It will begin working 30 min after application and does most of its work through a 6 hour period. I think that is perfect for peri workout and has far less chance to result in a hypo.
Well i had very good experience with R insulin because, i never go hypo on that, don't know why but it really fits me well.

Humalog sometimes is weird.
Novolog, i felt it, seriously i was feeling to be on something.
Apidra was good too, but unfortunately hard to find.

But all these are post prandial insulin and imho they should be used with that purpose, after a meal.

Thanks for the precious information!!!:cool::cool:

Well i had very good experience with R insulin because, i never go hypo on that, don't know why but it really fits me well.

Humalog sometimes is weird.
Novolog, i felt it, seriously i was feeling to be on something.
Apidra was good too, but unfortunately hard to find.

But all these are post prandial insulin and imho they should be used with that purpose, after a meal.

Thanks for the precious information!!!:cool::cool:
That's what you want. If you aren't going hypo, great. Just general recommendation as I hear a lot of guys, pros included, who talk about hypos frequently and especially around training.

Haven't tried apidra myself and when I've considered using it, I dont see much more of a need for a faster peak than humalog and it's equivalents. I guess if your post workout includes a carb heavy shake with very low or no fat, I can see why you may want to use apidra.

Have any of guy's considered using a CGM? I think I recall John Jewet discussing it (not sure.)

I'll be starting the use of one soon, I'll share my experience.

ask roman fritz, he released his refill for the Tampa Pro (Biscuits, Pizzas, ice cream, Mc Donalds), surely he used insulin and also drains, I don't think he worried about how much fat he was eating?

@luki7788 what do you think of roman and his recharge? Surely you will have followed you on instagram too

ask roman fritz, he released his refill for the Tampa Pro (Biscuits, Pizzas, ice cream, Mc Donalds), surely he used insulin and also drains, I don't think he worried about how much fat he was eating?

@luki7788 what do you think of roman and his recharge? Surely you will have followed you on instagram too
At the beginning I will say that I am a huge fan of Roman - his work ethic, dedication and the level of shape that he can present but ...

... always does the same
error and does not draw conclusions. It cuts too much and loses pile of muscle in the process. In fact, he should come out in the shape he has during the offseason - the only difference between offseason and prep in his case should be drier drugs. I know a few German bodybuilders personally - everyone in Germany tried to talk to Roman and convince him that he had to prepare in a different way than before, including Ruhl and Heiko - but that didn't stop Roman doing his own way and lost a ton of muscles as usual .. ..

And as for his current landing - he will not do anything and he will not fill it ... I know it because I always made the same mistake ... Roman will only fill up 2 weeks after the competition because his body is so tired

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws