over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Higher fats -- WITH carbs

i eat very little carbs , the ones i don't drink with intta workout or post workout shake come from sweet potatoes in the meal post training , that meal does have some fat at abut 20g with 50g protein and 50g carbs.

other than that my meals are protein and fats with green veggies.

when im not really paying much attention to what i eat ill add a piece of fruit with each meal but thats only about 20-30g carbs.

I'm like you man. I never eat more than 200g carbs a day, when I'm on a serious bulk 300g max. I feel like I'm getting fat just reading this thread talking about 500+g of carbs and 100+g of fat jesus. A gram of test sitting at 10% 190lbs right now honestly I will start getting fat eating over 2800 calories a day. And I do 30 mins of cardio 7 days a week, 1hr lift 6 days a week.

You'll get fat since your maintenance is so low. Quit thinking dugs for this and that and start thinking about overall activity levels. Youre active for 5% of the wee . What about the other 95%

What do people think about Fats before bed while dieting? Normally it's always been a casein shake. But due to costs I was just gonna do a tb almond butter and a shake

I'm like you man. I never eat more than 200g carbs a day, when I'm on a serious bulk 300g max. I feel like I'm getting fat just reading this thread talking about 500+g of carbs and 100+g of fat jesus. A gram of test sitting at 10% 190lbs right now honestly I will start getting fat eating over 2800 calories a day. And I do 30 mins of cardio 7 days a week, 1hr lift 6 days a week.
I think your workload also factors in, how hard and how often are you training and what is your lifestyle?

All of this is about progressive eating. You won't go from eating 200 grams of carbs to 500 and not expect fat gain. You increase your workload (more weight, more reps, more frequency) and slowly increase your macros.

Just like training, you won't go from benching 135 to 405 right away.

You'll get fat since your maintenance is so low. Quit thinking dugs for this and that and start thinking about overall activity levels. Youre active for 5% of the wee . What about the other 95%

Well, from 25 to 30 things seem to have changed a little bit. It takes a lot for me to maintain 10% body fat now. As far as my 2 hours a day in the gym goes, that's my only "activity" - I have a sedentary desk job in IT, and I'm not an athletic person outside of the gym, never was. I've been doing this for about 6 years now @ 31 on a CONSISTENT basis, currently 6'1 190-195 10-11% body fat. But I have found that from where I currently stand it doesn't take a lot of "fucking up" in my diet to lose the bottom 2 abs and start to look a little soft in the midsection. I want to diet down to 8% or so but honestly I don't even see myself being able to maintain it living a "normal" lifestyle where I do "normal" things like going out to eat with the lady etc etc etc. That's why I also asked about drugs, seems the older I get the more things (GH comes to mind) I need to start thinking about to be able to maintain the "look" year around without staying in perpetual diet mode.

Last edited:
More on my reasoning for investing moderate fat with moderate carbs ...

First, this allows for a wide variety of food choices. I eat very clean, but I like to include many things. Having around 200gm carbs per day permits for a small piece of fruit, a little oatmeal, and some rice along with plenty of low-carb veggies.

Second, the higher fat helps with satiety and is arguably better for overall health. Insulin sensitivity increases and overall inflammation decreases (if you choose the correct fats).

So, from a health and nutrition perspective this sounds great. The question in the OP is see how people have responded from a bodybuilding perspective. There doesn't seem to be many people taking this approach -- which makes you think that maybe it's less than ideal. Most are either 1) low fat / high carb or 2) low carb / high to moderate fat. For the most part protein is always relatively high.

For this discussion let's define "high fat" as a diet with more than 30% of total calories coming from fat. Similarly, let's define low-carb as a diet with less the 30% of calories coming from carbs. I know these are arbitrary and the low-carbers will hate calling a diet with 29% carbs "low carb" -- but it sort of is if you think about it. Basically, we need to define "high" and "low" in some quantitative way otherwise the discussion becomes confusing.

Your going to ask me about the amount of carbs when I was on the lower end lol

I ran 900-950 for 6 months at one point. And weight doesn't really matter I say I was 190-195 at that period of time and other will say I'm 160 so your pic

Body weight doesn't matter in regards to metabolism? Gotta disagree here... Average 6'5" male is much more often than not gonna have faster metabolism than average 5'5" male. Not really sure how that's debateable

Body weight doesn't matter in regards to metabolism? Gotta disagree here... Average 6'5" male is much more often than not gonna have faster metabolism than average 5'5" male. Not really sure how that's debateable

Assuming we're talking about 2 healthy people then yeah of course HEIGHT doesnt account for a faster metabolism, but a person who is 6'5 is likely carrying a lot more natural body weight than someone who is 5'5 so their maintenance calories are going to be significantly higher

Well, from 25 to 30 things seem to have changed a little bit. It takes a lot for me to maintain 10% body fat now. As far as my 2 hours a day in the gym goes, that's my only "activity" - I have a sedentary desk job in IT, and I'm not an athletic person outside of the gym, never was. I've been doing this for about 6 years now @ 31 on a CONSISTENT basis, currently 6'1 190-195 10-11% body fat. But I have found that from where I currently stand it doesn't take a lot of "fucking up" in my diet to lose the bottom 2 abs and start to look a little soft in the midsection. I want to diet down to 8% or so but honestly I don't even see myself being able to maintain it living a "normal" lifestyle where I do "normal" things like going out to eat with the lady etc etc etc. That's why I also asked about drugs, seems the older I get the more things (GH comes to mind) I need to start thinking about to be able to maintain the "look" year around without staying in perpetual diet mode.

Some people just don't get how big a factor base metabolism is. I'm with you man... I got sloppy over the course of a few months @2800-3000 cals a day vast majority pro/fat only having 50g HBCD intra workout hitting weights (pretty fast paced I might add) for 1.5 hours 5x a week plus 30-60 mins fasted SS every day. Non workout days were 0 carb closer to 2200 cals.

Granted I was natty at that point but most guys at that age would put eat me calories wise, mostly carbs and fat, not work out and still be leaner than me... Fuckers

Assuming we're talking about 2 healthy people then yeah of course HEIGHT doesnt account for a faster metabolism, but a person who is 6'5 is likely carrying a lot more natural body weight than someone who is 5'5 so their maintenance calories are going to be significantly higher

Well yeah, that was supposed to be assumed. That's why I emphasized "average"

Well yeah, that was supposed to be assumed. That's why I emphasized "average"

Never assume anything on this board. People can be............................................................FUCKING STUPID :banghead:

Guys, I'd like to stay on topic about moderate fat with carbs. The metabolism discussion is interesting, but a little off topic. Thanks.

Current diet macros

Training: 140 fat, 550 carb, 350 protein
Non-Training: 260 fat, 80 carb, 350 protein

Training days, majority of carbs are taking pre and post.

Morning = 80 carbs
Pre-workout = 175 carbs
Post-workout = 200 carbs
Post-post = 80 carbs

Prior to this set up, I was on similar macros, but was doing carbs every single meal. I have noticed my waist has stayed smaller/tigher and insulin sensitivity is staying high.

Photos.

Obviously

You need to read what he asked me. He asked what my weight was
I ate more as a natural when I played ball and was 170lbs, than I do now at a heavier weight

I think this is similar to what I'm currently eating. Doesn't put your daily fats under 100gm?

Not really, If i feel like i've not had enough fats for the day, then i just add some macadamia/ olive oil or nuts to my final meal and thats me sorted

Never assume anything on this board. People can be............................................................FUCKING STUPID :banghead:

Haha I chuckled at this one... I almost threw in a bunch more detail like BF%, similar diet/ training but I was on my phone and said fuck it

Obviously

You need to read what he asked me. He asked what my weight was
I ate more as a natural when I played ball and was 170lbs, than I do now at a heavier weight

I asked you about height/weight bc thats a lot more food than most guys I know who are bigger (and fatter) than you and they blow up with macros/cals like that even walking around with a lot more LBM.... Don't get me wrong, you look good and if that's what works for I'm jealous haha. I would love to crush food like that but I think I would be 30% BF in about 2 months.

Didnt mean for it to come off as an "attack" <3

Guys, I'd like to stay on topic about moderate fat with carbs. The metabolism discussion is interesting, but a little off topic. Thanks.

Sorry J....

Last edited:

Back to the topic I think keeping fats low/carbs high and vice versa is the rationale of "when I have a bunch of carbs and spike my insulin I dont want the insulin to start storing fat"... Anyway thats my take.

For the guys who have difficult putting on weight I dont think that applies though

apologies then.. the site i feel has a disdain for anything different... seems as if yall in the past had issues with trolls

the 5600 cals was after contest prep at the peak of my rebound.. i admittedly had a failure of a prep, due to a lack of doing my hmwk for a prep coach... my coach severely overdieted me..
after that i phased out my extensive amount of cardio, partly due to time constraints, but really from some overuse injuries i had... didnt affect me as all just made the necessary caloric adjustments.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws