advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Highest amount of carbs you've successfully dieted on?

Amount of carbs while dieting... my answer to this question would have been much different 10 years ago... :eek::p

Anyone eating close to 5k in the offseason is probably going to be starting his diet at close to 500g, especially easy if cardio is increased concurrently.

I really like finding a "base" amount of carbs per meal, then doing 150% of this amount of first meal and post workout meal, and doing 50% of that amount for last 1 or 2 meals, depending on training time.

This is one of Chris Aceto's methods.

I'm with this approach. I ended up around 600g carbs/day when bulking (260lbs, 13%ish). I'm not in prep and eating 565g on my training days and just going w/ trace carbs on my 2 off days. It works very well and I don't feel hungry at all on low days. It feels more like a break from having to eat almost 600g on training days. I also include Intra-MD (60g) on training days.

I also structure my carb distribution similar to how you mentioned Aceto likes to do it.

Amount of carbs while dieting... my answer to this question would have been much different 10 years ago... :eek::p

What is your answer now and what was it 10 years ago if you don't mind me asking?

I have never dieted. I wish I could I just don't have the willpower. Most I have lasted is about 3 days. Sure I eat good but I mean sticking to a plan and restricting things. I enjoy my food far too much plus not like I am gonna step on stage anytime soon. I am leaning out slowly now. Well it goes fast then I go backwards a bit then back on track so over the month making progress :eek::D Like yesterday I had steak and rice for dinner which is great. Problem was I then ate 4 large bowls of cereal one after the other which was about 300g carbs in 20 mins. I will try harder from now on though so expect to progress a lot over the next few months.

What is your answer now and what was it 10 years ago if you don't mind me asking?

Looking back and comparing the amounts of food I used to eat during my best years in this sport (let's say from age 18 to 27... I'm now 34), I can only make the following observation: my metabolism has greatly slowed down over the years.

Where I could lean up easily with 300g carbs/day (while keeping fats at a reasonable level), I now need to halve that number if I wanna see substantial fat loss... cardio or not.

Looking back and comparing the amounts of food I used to eat during my best years in this sport (let's say from age 18 to 27... I'm now 34), I can only make the following observation: my metabolism has greatly slowed down over the years.

Where I could lean up easily with 300g carbs/day (while keeping fats at a reasonable level), I now need to halve that number if I wanna see substantial fat loss... cardio or not.

totally agree; and at 46yrs old- one must be smart with carbs. The older you get, the more important diet becomes.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131