over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIT LEGS TODAY...

JCLadson

Banned
BEEN TAKING THESE PICS TO PUT TOGETHER A LITTLE DVD OF MY TRAINING AND PICS SO I CAN LOOK BACK ON THIS IN A FEW YEARS. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. DONT WANT TO BE 30 YEARS OLD AND SAY " I SURE WISH I COULD OF DONE THIS/THAT"

IF YOU ALL GET TIRED OF ME POSTING THESE, JUST SAY SO. NO NEED TO BE TAKING UP ROOM ON THE BOARD AND BUMPING A POST FURTHER BACK FOR SOMEONE ELSE, IF NO ON WANTS TO SEE THESE.

YouTube - HACK SQUATS 140(+CHAINS)X15
IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

**broken link removed**

Love it! Old school camo chucks, the whole thing man. Good stuff. :cool:

Those chains might look cool but they really aren't doing much for you. Just add more plates next time.

And I know you can handle a lot more weight than that...

Those chains might look cool but they really aren't doing much for you. Just add more plates next time.

And I know you can handle a lot more weight than that...

Actually Shelby, chain training is a very good powerlifting technique. Less weight at the bottom since you are weaker coming out of the hole (more of the chain on the floor = less weight) and more weight at the top since you are stronger at locking out.

Works well for benching too.

Yes

Actually Shelby, chain training is a very good powerlifting technique. Less weight at the bottom since you are weaker coming out of the hole (more of the chain on the floor = less weight) and more weight at the top since you are stronger at locking out.

Its a great tool.........

I'm very familiar with it, I trained as a powerlifter with bands and chains for years. It's mostly suited for geared powerlifters though, i.e. those using a bench shirt, squat suit, etc. which help the lifter get out of "the hole" on lifts so the top end strength is of primary importance (so in training you focus on overloading that portion of the lift with bands and chains).

JC is getting ready for a meet in which he told me he wouldn't be using a shirt or suit though. He's on a hack squat here too, not a raw lift. Those chains are adding maybe 50 pounds to the top of the lift... which in my opinion is not enough additional tension to make any difference (you're WAY stronger at the top end of that hack squat, like hundreds of pounds).

Took the words right out of my mouth. If you don't know the basics chain and band training, you should problably refrain from advocating/encouraging their use. Layne Norton tore his pec using bands incorrectly...just an example.
I'm very familiar with it, I trained as a powerlifter with bands and chains for years. It's mostly suited for geared powerlifters though, i.e. those using a bench shirt, squat suit, etc. which help the lifter get out of "the hole" on lifts so the top end strength is of primary importance (so in training you focus on overloading that portion of the lift with bands and chains).

JC is getting ready for a meet in which he told me he wouldn't be using a shirt or suit though. He's on a hack squat here too, not a raw lift. Those chains are adding maybe 50 pounds to the top of the lift... which in my opinion is not enough additional tension to make any difference (you're WAY stronger at the top end of that hack squat, like hundreds of pounds).

YOU GOT A POINT SHELBY. I WAS JUST LISTENING TO MY BODY TODAY. I HAVE HAD THE FLU FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS NOW AND I DIDNT WANT TO GET UNDER THE BAR THIS WEEK SO I SETTLE FOR HACKS, BUT NEXT WEEK I AM BACK UNDER THE BAR.

THANKS GUYS

Very Cool bro

is that your gym - or a commerical gym..

looks hardcore...

nice lifts

nice gym, but I don't see a smoothie bar.

Those relaxed photos are cool, they remind me of magazine ads for Animal Pak.

Vito

nice gym, but I don't see a smoothie bar.

Those relaxed photos are cool, they remind me of magazine ads for Animal Pak.

Vito

THE OWNER, JIM HOSKINSON, ACTUALLY IS THINKING ABOUT A SMOOTHING BAR IN THE FRONT OF THE GYM.

Looks great! I gotta wonder about the shoes though, I've always thought it was best to wear something with good arch support while working legs... I have really high arches, which hurt often that's the only reason I bring it up. I use to wear Chucks and other flat shoes all the time, now I can't, having sore arches sucks major ass!.

Looks great! I gotta wonder about the shoes though, I've always thought it was best to wear something with good arch support while working legs... I have really high arches, which hurt often that's the only reason I bring it up. I use to wear Chucks and other flat shoes all the time, now I can't, having sore arches sucks major ass!.

I HAD PLANS TO DO SQUATS BUT CHANGED MY MIND ONCE I GOT THERE. THE ONLY TIME I WEAR THE CHUCK ARE ON SQUAT DAYS AND DEADLIFT DAYS

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear