over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hitting the Heavy Bag

only thing that too much heavy bag use gave me when I was boxing was bad ass traumas to my right hand :mad:

dont hit hard sand bags/walls/trees guys why do this to your high precision instruments?!?...rather work on precision and speed and technique and if you have to hit something hard dont do it with your knuckles use hammer fists or elbows or knees...heavy bags are great workouts but if you are going to destroy your hands in the process then its a bit counter productive...you dont need hands of steel to knock somebody out just speed and technique...wrap your hands when hitting the heavy bag and use as heavy gloves as you can handle IMO...dont lose months of effective training because you crippled your joints by beating up on walls...also a crippled bruised and abused hand is more likely to crack when you actually do hit something hard...wear hand wraps and tape over the wraps (not too tight you have you allow circulation) and use heavy gloves...its harder with heavier gloves anyway gives you a better work out...alex

couldnt have said better

its like seeing guys kicking trees with their chins after watching a jean claud vandamme movie ... creates trauma and nothing

IMO

The old timers are tough, pretty wise but there is a lot more scientific theories behind things now and there are legitimate reasons why training changes and EVOLVES ;)
Take the old timers training habits and mix them with what we now KNOW like no matter how tough your hands are when you fight (boxing, MMA) you can still break them puppies mostly comes from fatigue which leads to lack of form etc...

Everything is good in moderation IMO hitting something heavy is good but you dont need to do that in every heavy bag session. It will change your punching, kicking...etc...theres a reason why people do a TON of shadow boxing its because you can perfect your technique that instead of trying to smash a bag with everything. With better technique comes more power, truth!!

BTW when you hit a bag if you're doing it right it really shouldnt swing all that much. You'll hear pop, pop crack...and you'll see the bag FOLD becaues you're hitting it so hard.

I could go on and on lol....but think i'll go do a few rounds on the bag instead ;)

BTW when you hit a bag if you're doing it right it really shouldnt swing all that much. You'll hear pop, pop crack...and you'll see the bag FOLD becaues you're hitting it so hard.

great point...you HIT the bag..dont push it...

I've spent plenty of time working out with boxers and thai fighters. Seems like hitting sand bags and bannana trees really cuts down ones longevity in the sport. Albeit you will create and then regenerate microfractures in your hands and shins which will grow back denser and larger, you do so at the expense of the pockets of synovial fluid that protect your joints and the connective tissue that holds these bones together. Lots of wear and tear makes you stiff, slower, and creates chronic joint pain. Another member mentioned working on speed and accuracy and I believe this is a wise approach. Focus/thai pads works your timing, accuracy, and cardio. Heavy bagwork does increase power..but it comes at a price..Guess it depends how long you want to do this. Good luck

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws