over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOIST ROC IT EQUIPMENT

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
hey.. i have a chance to buy some of theplate loded hoist roc it equipment.. you know, the stuff that moves with ya as you pres , row.. ect.. any ever use this stuff.. never tried it but have quite bit of hammer strength and nautilus plate loaded in my home gym.. was curious as to how the "feel" compares..

I use hoist roc it quite a bit. My favorite is the lat pull down but I like most all of them. I made some significant improvement in my chest with the plate loaded cable decline roc it. Worth a look!

The seated leg curl is nice, but most of it just a gimmick and not heavy enough. 24 hour I go to has the full line.

Ak

Personally think all the stuff they make is awful

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

the back machine is sweet cuz it allows you to pause on the squeeze and get a nice strecth on the way down...i only have a pull down roc it at my gym

I love that equipment...you definitely have to position yourself in it correctly....I had to do that a few times on the chest stuff until i felt my I had my sternum and chest held high with shoulder blades pinned back (with legs back and not on that plate...which was weird at first)...but its really good stuff

DANTE.. i say that even about the hammer strength.. when i owned my gym i would see guys positioning the seat to be able to use the weight rather than what was bio mechanically correct.. drove me nuts.. i can get the seated bench press and the row at a steal.. am thinking about it hard..

I love the incline press. it is the only one I tried , I found it easy on my shoulders , felt like db press.

I hated it personally. Felt cheap and gimmicky. But I only tried a few of the machines on one day, my normal gym doesn't have them.

That being said, I also find a huge difference between hammer strength machines. I absolutely LOVE the hammer strength line at my gym. I tried a few different gyms that had slightly different hammer strength stuff (so very close, but minor differences) and they felt bad on my joints and just didn't hit where I wanted.

It's weird how our specific body structures can make such a difference.

thanks wynn.. ill look into that..

I'm resurrecting this thread because I wanted to ask what others thought about HOIST Roc It plate loaded equipment. I work out at City Sports and they just opened another one near me. The new one is mostly HOIST Roc It and their standard equipment. I didn't want to judge it negatively because it's very different. I've come to really like the incline chest, lat pulldown, row and bicep curl. The dip machine is ok too. I don't care for the shoulder press and the rear dealt/fly machine...very awkward. Like some others have said, you have to adjust the seat and position yourself correctly. I'm glad they make plate loaded because the selectorized equipment isn't heavy enough.

It's been 11 years since @LATS started this thread so I'm curious to see the current opinions! LATS did you ever buy the equipment?
There was another thread on this the same year... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/hoist-fitness-equipment.70788/

I'm resurrecting this thread because I wanted to ask what others thought about HOIST Roc It plate loaded equipment. I work out at City Sports and they just opened another one near me. The new one is mostly HOIST Roc It and their standard equipment. I didn't want to judge it negatively because it's very different. I've come to really like the incline chest, lat pulldown, row and bicep curl. The dip machine is ok too. I don't care for the shoulder press and the rear dealt/fly machine...very awkward. Like some others have said, you have to adjust the seat and position yourself correctly. I'm glad they make plate loaded because the selectorized equipment isn't heavy enough.

It's been 11 years since @LATS started this thread so I'm curious to see the current opinions! LATS did you ever buy the equipment?
There was another thread on this the same year... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/hoist-fitness-equipment.70788/
The lat pulldown is really good It has two different handles.Like others said you just have to adjust to the right position.

Reactions: Bio
The gyms I go to only have selectorized versions, not plate-loaded. I like the bicep curl, seated leg curl, pulldown, and mid row. I used the dip machine for the first time last week so not sure how I feel about it yet. I've been using the seated leg press for calf presses the last few weeks and like it for that purpose.

I agree the shoulder press is quite awkward. I don't like the leg extension - I have a harder time feeling it in my quads than any other extension I've used.

I may be mistaken but I think there 1 st generation were crappy, it didn’t feel right. But some of their newer machines are actually quite good and follow natural body movement .

Never used the Plate load just selectorized stacks. Leg ext is awkward as fuck and I think is shit. Last pull-down is ok but the mechanics are weird for me. Bicep curl is garbage imo. Leg curl hurts my knees low row is akward but the leg press is ok for calf work not so good for leg press. They all feel like they are designed for really short people to me no matter how you adjust them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws