over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Holidays dilemma

smok44

Newbies
Ok I know it's a little stupid to ask such questions on a professional muscle forum, but on the other hand there are plenty of guys here that don't compete and just want to look good, so here's my situation:
I'm 42 yo, trained natural all my life, got on TRT a few years ago, started to experiment with different cycles, realized that unfortunately I don't have the genes for hypertrophy, even if push it as high as 1g of test and 750mg of NPP, as soon as I bump up the calories I only get fatter, not bigger :( But I do what I can and I make some small progress each year, trying to gain some tissue during winter and then cutting for the summer :)
Recently I've been dieting for 10 weeks, starting at 2500kcal and cardio 4x30min weekly, ending at 2100kcal and cardio 7x60min. For the last 8 weeks I added 250mg of trenE EW to my standard 250mg of testE and then 75mg of Anavar ED for the last 4 weeks. I cut down from around 15% bf to 8-9%, 190lb at 6ft tall, and this is definitely the best shape of my life, looking in the mirror right now makes me really happy, for the first time I'm impressed with how I look haha :) So I would like to stay in this shape for as long as possible. But now I'm on Holidays with wife and kids for 3 weeks and I want to have some fun too after all this dieting :)
I love to drink alcohol during Holidays, especially in the morning, it puts me in a good mood and relaxed state of mind. To achieve this I need 10 shots of gin/rum/vodka a day, which equates to 1000kcal, drinking less is kind of pointless. I also like some more flexibility with food, to be able to eat some ice cream, some more tasty carbs at dinner buffet etc. But I assume that to stay in shape for as long as possible I need to keep my calories at maintenance, around 3000kcal, so obviously I can't have everything I want. I consider 2 scenarios :

A) keep eating 2000kcal coming from lean protein sources, veggies, fruit and spare complex carbs and add 1000kcal of alcohol on top of that

B) same, but instead of alcohol I would add 1000kcal of junk - ice cream etc.

What do you guys think, after 3 weeks, would I notice any difference in body composition between these 2 scenarios? Of course, the muscles would look fuller in scenario B and the liver would suffer a little bit more in scenario A, but anything else? Would my body fat level be the same in both scenarios? Which one would you choose at my place? Sorry again if anyone gets offended by the stupidity of my dilemma :)

If you’re not competing then just enjoy your holiday and do your thing! It’s not like it’s going to undo everything you did in a week or two. Yes, you’ll put on some lbs but not 10+ lbs. you know your body and how to diet properly to get to your ideal physique. Life is short, so enjoy your time off, and once back home get back to business!

Cage

Enjoy yourself…stop with the ocd nonsense

man, I have an extremely stressful job, a stressful business, stressful side business, and a wife, 2 year old, and a newborn.

if my diet, and workouts stay on point..which they do..you better believe I’m going to have a tumbler or 3 of lagavulin..and you better believe that shit adds up calories faster than that Karen shit your drinking.

my point is…stress management is grossly under stated…pro bodybuilders never tell you how much weed they smoke or pills they take to take the edge off. But they do! No hating, but sometimes you just have to say fuck it a little bit and conquer later.

Do what adds more to your life. That said, i would assume that the junk actually has a little bit more nutrition in it, with alcohol having almost none that i know of.

Ok I know it's a little stupid to ask such questions on a professional muscle forum, but on the other hand there are plenty of guys here that don't compete and just want to look good, so here's my situation:
I'm 42 yo, trained natural all my life, got on TRT a few years ago, started to experiment with different cycles, realized that unfortunately I don't have the genes for hypertrophy, even if push it as high as 1g of test and 750mg of NPP, as soon as I bump up the calories I only get fatter, not bigger :( But I do what I can and I make some small progress each year, trying to gain some tissue during winter and then cutting for the summer :)
Recently I've been dieting for 10 weeks, starting at 2500kcal and cardio 4x30min weekly, ending at 2100kcal and cardio 7x60min. For the last 8 weeks I added 250mg of trenE EW to my standard 250mg of testE and then 75mg of Anavar ED for the last 4 weeks. I cut down from around 15% bf to 8-9%, 190lb at 6ft tall, and this is definitely the best shape of my life, looking in the mirror right now makes me really happy, for the first time I'm impressed with how I look haha :) So I would like to stay in this shape for as long as possible. But now I'm on Holidays with wife and kids for 3 weeks and I want to have some fun too after all this dieting :)
I love to drink alcohol during Holidays, especially in the morning, it puts me in a good mood and relaxed state of mind. To achieve this I need 10 shots of gin/rum/vodka a day, which equates to 1000kcal, drinking less is kind of pointless. I also like some more flexibility with food, to be able to eat some ice cream, some more tasty carbs at dinner buffet etc. But I assume that to stay in shape for as long as possible I need to keep my calories at maintenance, around 3000kcal, so obviously I can't have everything I want. I consider 2 scenarios :

A) keep eating 2000kcal coming from lean protein sources, veggies, fruit and spare complex carbs and add 1000kcal of alcohol on top of that

B) same, but instead of alcohol I would add 1000kcal of junk - ice cream etc.

What do you guys think, after 3 weeks, would I notice any difference in body composition between these 2 scenarios? Of course, the muscles would look fuller in scenario B and the liver would suffer a little bit more in scenario A, but anything else? Would my body fat level be the same in both scenarios? Which one would you choose at my place? Sorry again if anyone gets offended by the stupidity of my dilemma :)
I'm not going to say I read the book you wrote.but from over looking at it.

Bro do your thing.I train hard look good get complements all the time and I use to compete for many years.

And I drink every weekend and on holidays oh boy I wake up take a piss and take my first shot.from there out I party. You only live once
And yes many may say but you still need to be healthy. Yes I agree but tomorrow you might get run over by a car and die.so I stay healthy as possible. But party when need to

Don't keep living the bodybuilding lifestyle 24 hours a day. If you have been consistent enjoy yourself on Holiday. In the end you will regret not cutting loose...I know I would. Have fun and hit it once you get back.

Bro do your thing.I train hard look good get complements all the time and I use to compete for many years.

And I drink every weekend and on holidays oh boy I wake up take a piss and take my first shot.from there out I party. You only live once
And yes many may say but you still need to be healthy. Yes I agree but tomorrow you might get run over by a car and die.so I stay healthy as possible. But party when need to
This is a seasoned perspective from a board brother we all cherish and admire his lifestyle and spirit @smok44 ^^ In psychology, they teach you 6 basic human emotional needs - one of them is consistency, the other is variation. Our god in his infinite wisdom must have had a sense of humor. Carpe Diem bro. Life will teach you tomorrow is never promised, so give your all every day and go to sleep content knowing you did so. We need care more than criticism. God is good and god is great

I hate alcohol so my choice would be clear.

But 3 weeks of junk diet? I think I would limit it to half that time.

On the other hand, I never feel better after eating shit, no way. So I don't care if you are a competitive athlete or not, is a momentary pleasure worth it at the cost of long-term bad feeling (both: aesthetically, physically, mentally)?

The wise Jack Lalane, said: A second in his mouth, a lifetime on his waist.

And as you get older, the parties, the drugs and the alcohol take too big a bill in proportion to the benefits, so fuck that carpe diem.

alcohol will mess with fat metabolism, while junk food wont.
but so what? its 3 weeks out of a lifetime. plus you'll still be active with the family, burnin calories living life....
you will smooth out for sure. maybe gain 5 pounds of fat and water in 3 weeks.
then after that, go back to the militant regimen.
lighten up that load u put on yourself to look perfect.

You dont have to go hard for three weeks straight. 3 weeks off is incredible in itself. I think you would enjoy it more if you limited the imbibery to a 2-3 days a week per week max and just relax the other days.

Na bro! You only die once, you live all the time! Just saying, be safe those days are way gone for me.

The fact that you’re saying you NEED 10 shots of alcohol daily to enjoy the holidays seems like a pretty big red flag
indeed!

I mean, I love scotch…like love it! But I don’t get drunk often…really ever. I drink it because it’s a piece of art made by people who truly give a shit about what they are doing..if your drinking to get drunk? Dont

Ironically your probably going to look better at the moment with the all the added cals...
Regardless Life is short! LIVE IT!

BIOGENIX

Thanks for all the feedback guys, a lot mixed opinions! :)
However, if I just totally relaxed as some of you suggest, it would mean eating 7000-8000kcal a day, it's so easy when you stay in a hotel with buffet, my appetite has always been limitless :) All these details in my abs and obliques I've never seen before are now too precious for me to just lose them in a week of indulging :) So maybe I will indeed alternate days of drinking and having some junk food, while trying to keep the calories around maintenance all the time, at 42yo it's high time to finally learn some moderation :)

This is a seasoned perspective from a board brother we all cherish and admire his lifestyle and spirit @smok44 ^^ In psychology, they teach you 6 basic human emotional needs - one of them is consistency, the other is variation. Our god in his infinite wisdom must have had a sense of humor. Carpe Diem bro. Life will teach you tomorrow is never promised, so give your all every day and go to sleep content knowing you did so. We need care more than criticism. God is good and god is great
Amen brother

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner