over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

As usual Maldorf is 100% correct !
I graduated Dean's List and Cum Laude with a Business / Marketing degree but put in 5-6 hours Everday of studying. My freshman year I wanted to prove to myself I could accomplish college level work. I got a 3.7 and 3.8. I am not that smart but no one can out work me even now at 51. I also had sleep apnea and ADD but at that point in my life had no idea why life so difficult. Life just gets harder as you get older with more and more responsibility and work and family pressure. That's why most people look like shit by their 10th year high school reunion. All that hard work from training gave me the discipline to get thru alot of bad shit. Best thing I did was leave Corporate America and follow my heart. I'm lucky enuff to have my own fitness facility and train some amazing people. Sure life is still touch working from 4 am until 7-8 pm BUT doing what you enjoy and helping folks makes life at least a bit more tolerable.
Pay now - Play later. My college was considered a party school back in the day but not for me. All I did was study and lift (after freshman year) there will be time to make up for all the other shit you are not doing but you go to college for grades. Stay focused, life is hard and people love to put down your accomplishments because it makes them feel better about themselves. No one can call me a dumb musclehead since I have a good degree from a good school that I worked hard for and no one can take that away from me.
Nothing good come easy.
Side note once I got a bit more adjusted and balanced with school and life I competed and won my share of some bodybuilding and powerlifting contests. Everything in time.

Amen! I remember all the nights when my room mates and friends went out drinking and I was lifting at the gym until 10pm and then studying for my science classes. Sacrifices made then only harmed my social life and fun, later one once you have a family the sacrifices you make in bodybuilding actually hurt your family.

i am in the same boat only i had an accident and a new born on top of it all. i just fit two hours a day in for the gym, i make my self go regardless. on my days off from the gym i still play racquet ball for the increase cardio effects and weight loss.

and this one time....at band camp...

this is professionalmuscle...not fucking facebook.

I dunno, I think this thread turned out pretty well after all. A lot of good advice for younger guys in here (like myself).

Admittedly, I've let school slip these past 2 years because of bodybuilding. I used to get a 3.9-4.0, but since I started lifting seriously it's gone down the shitter the last 2 years. Worst thing is I'm actually paying for most of my school by working 70+ hours a week between two-three jobs (more in the summer), and after doing that and lifting I have no energy or motivation for school. Which is stupid, I know. Last semester ended up with a 3.0 average. I'm really stepping it up next year. I'll probably switch to DC or HIT training so I spend less time in the gym (6 days a week volume training now), and use other tips in this thread in regards to diet.

What really fucked things up for me lately was falling madly in love with a girl for the first time lol. I spent way too much time with her, and let bodybuilding and school fall to the wayside. We would stay up all night together, and spend most of the day together. Didn't train much and the diet went to shit (not enough food). Now it kind of went south a bit and I'm extremely depressed, hard to even get motivated to lift, but I still do.
I think I'm ironically facebook ranting now but hopefully someone here can relate and/or learn from my recent fuck-ups. Two more years to go in school, I will get my GPA up. And to the OP, keep your head up brother, and work your ass off.

Man, I know it can be rough in college. WHen I was in all I did was study, lift, and eat. It gets worse though once you graduate and get a real job, that's when the real shit hits the fan. Get married and have kids, there is no time left and bodybuilding will take a back seat.

That's the truth! Get kids from day jusy to take to gym daycare which closes ay 6:30. Blahhh.

Admittedly, I've let school slip these past 2 years because of bodybuilding. I used to get a 3.9-4.0, but since I started lifting seriously it's gone down the shitter the last 2 years. Worst thing is I'm actually paying for most of my school by working 70+ hours a week between two-three jobs (more in the summer), and after doing that and lifting I have no energy or motivation for school. Which is stupid, I know. Last semester ended up with a 3.0 average. I'm really stepping it up next year.

It`s your moments of decision NOW, that shape your destiny tomorrow. There is no such thing as spending to much time with the right woman. A strong woman by your side to support and grow with is key to life and success... in anything you do. You don`t get do-overs on grades or the hard earned money spent. Having big muscles doesn`t pay the bills or secure a bright future (for 99% of us).

It`s your moments of decision NOW, that shape your destiny tomorrow. There is no such thing as spending to much time with the right woman. A strong woman by your side to support and grow with is key to life and success... in anything you do. You don`t get do-overs on grades or the hard earned money spent. Having big muscles doesn`t pay the bills or secure a bright future (for 99% of us).

Very intelligent thing to say.

Thanks for this man. You're absolutely right. Thankfully I've patched things up with her now. The time I spent with her opened up my worldview, and made me realize that there's a whole lot more to life than lifting weights and having muscles. Once you find the right woman, it really changes your perspective on things. Bodybuilding really paled in comparison to the time I spent with her. Losing my grandfather made me realize this too. Career and personal relationships will always come before lifting for me now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131