over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Holyfield loses to Byrd...

Hmm

I like holyfield as well, but the 11 kids he has, and all of the child support that man has to pay, he needs like 1 or 2 more. If he stops now maybe his mind wont get too messed up. If he keeps going he is headed for ali land.

I saw the fight, it lasted all 12 rounds and it seemed holyfeild was taking a semi-beating throughout the hole thing he didn't even throw that many punches. It seemed like he just kinda wondered around taking hits! I think its time he hung up the gloves and started promoting things? Hey big A maybe you could get him to do the synthetek products? I am sure after a couple more loses he'll be dirt cheap!:D

I am a true holyfeild fan. He is a true warrior. I do think it is time for him to hang em up though.He has already established himself as the richest fighter of all time proffiting over a hundred million $ so I dont think money is an issue.

killer

Richest ?....actually no

Tyson is the highest paid athlete in history. He's made hundreds of millions of dollars in his career. That last year before he was champ he was on the highest earning list for the USA at $80 mil and change in just that year.

Do not say in history.Many other athletes have made some more(baseball,basketball) but,as far as total money
from all fights holyfeild wins it. He has been around much longer
He has become the richest. Look at tyson hes broke already.
He also lost six years.Who made the most on the tyson holy fights?
holyfeild.Check your scources.

killer

Now Holyfield is using a bad shoulder as an excuse for the loss.
He was a great fighter and warrior, a fan favorite. But its sad to see him boxing past his prime.

Also

sd he strained his back in the fourth round or something like that. Read it in the paper yesterday. He sd he still wants to go at it again though. Hell, for a few million each fight I would.

Saw the fight...

and it was a very unimpressive performance IMHO. Byrd doesn't have knock out power, and despite throwing 700+ punches (and landing like 30% of these), Evander didn't look beat up at all. On the other side, Evander looked like he was dragging, tired, winded and had no energy or heart to knock this guy out. EH should hang it up, he's getting to old to give it his best and I was always a fan of his. Byrd needs to get stronger if he has any hope of beating Lenox Lewis (who will kick his ass IMHO).

DrG

Holyfield to have surgery on left shoulder
By Associated Press, 12/19/2002 00:32
ATLANTA (AP) Evander Holyfield will have surgery on the left shoulder injured in the first round of his loss to Chris Byrd in their IBF heavyweight title fight.

An MRI confirmed an acute tear of the super spinatis tendon of the rotator cuff, Holyfield's lawyer said Wednesday.

The extent of the damage cannot be determined until the surgery Saturday at Piedmont Hospital, attorney Jim Thomas said.

Byrd won a unanimous decision last Saturday over the former four-time heavyweight champion in Atlantic City, N.J. The 40-year-old Holyfield used his left and sparingly against Byrd, and was credited with landing only three jabs against the new champion.

''Evander fought 11 rounds, essentially, one-handed,'' Thomas said, adding that the Holyfield camp was not using the injury as an excuse. ''Chris fought a great fight, proved he is a worthy champion and deserves great respect and admiration.

''No one is suggesting that the outcome would necessarily be any different had Evander not been injured.''

Holyfield, 38-6-2, has won just two of his past seven fights (2-3-2) in a quest to become the undisputed champion.

Thomas said it was too early to speculate on his future.

''If he's able to fight, it's 100 percent likely he'll continue,'' Thomas said. ''But if the doctor tells him this will be a chronic problem, and it will only get worse, he'll evaluate things.''

[ Send this story to a friend | Easy-print version ]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity