over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

home brew?

engbulldog

Registered
Ok here is the dumb question(s) is it more cost efective to make your own gear? How do you get the right dose? are there any posts on this matter i would like to do some reading on this before i even try to make my gear any help would be great thanks:D

Being an organic chemist by trade, i love mention of the "home brew." If you meant synthesis of steroids from raw materials (yam extracts, etc), the process is NOT cost effective, much less within the reach of 99.9% of the general population. Powders on the other hand are the most inexpensive route.

To get account dosages for orals, you will need a scale accurate to the nearest milligram. Just weigh out the powder each day, cap if you feel really ambitious.

For injectables/suspensions it is easiest to dilute to the desired concentration. Suppose you have 50 grams of prop and want a 100mg/ml solution:

50 grams = 50000 milligrams

50000 = (100)(X milliliters) => solve for X, X = 500 milliliters.

So add enough BA/BB to dissolve the powder (this info is easy to find) and enough oil to reach 500 millilters. Enough prop for you and every kid on the block!

bump ^

Why would you say the process isnt cost effective ? Since powders have been available thousands of people go the homebrew route ,to make 50 ml of test cypionate for example would cost
powder - 12.5grams $1.60 per gram = $20.00
cotten seed oil - 50 ml = $10 bucks
benzyl alcohol and bezyl benzonate cost pennies
a vial -50ml sealed = $ 1.50
whatman filter - $5.00
thats $36.50
add the benzyl alcohol and bezyl benzonate and you looking at 40 bucks tops . thats $.80 per cc thats pretty cheap

here's the formula to make 50 ml /250 mg of cypionate :
38.13 cc oil
12.5 grams pwder
1 ml benzyl -a - 2%
10 ml b- bezonate -20 %

maybe u know somehthing i dont know i have been doing the hombrew for yrs . pls educate us .
wht is Yam extracts ? and wht does that have to do with homebrewing your own suplements .

Last edited:
g32 said:
Why would you say the process isnt cost effective ? Since powders have been available thousands of people go the homebrew route ,to make 50 ml of test cypionate for example would cost
powder - 12.5grams $1.60 per gram = $20.00
cotten seed oil - 50 ml = $10 bucks
benzyl alcohol and bezyl benzonate cost pennies
a vial -50ml sealed = $ 1.50
whatman filter - $5.00
thats $36.50
add the benzyl alcohol and bezyl benzonate and you looking at 40 bucks tops . thats $.80 per cc thats pretty cheap

here's the formula to make 50 ml /250 mg of cypionate :
38.13 cc oil
12.5 grams pwder
1 ml benzyl -a - 2%
10 ml b- bezonate -20 %

This is pretty interesting. I'd never considered home brewing before, but you make it seem feasible for a reasonably handy person. Do you perform any sterilization of the oil after filtering?

i steralize the oil before by baking at 250 for 15 min then i let it cool and bake agin for 15 min , by adding benzyl -a it will kill the microbes that are living in your homebrew and filtering with a .22 micron filter will ensure sterility ,i never bake any gear after i have added the test to it . it can lower the potency of it . i have never had any abcess or any infection since i have doing homebrew . before when i used to get pre-compounded gear i never knew the potency , and a couple of time i got abcess from dirty gear . hombrew is the way to go . U have full control of every aspect of the process just make sure that you buy powder from a good source . take your time and do it correct if you doa search on this board you can find instructions on the complete procedure , just make sure you buy your powder from a reputable souce like one of the board sponsors .

Last edited:
g32 said:
maybe u know somehthing i dont know i have been doing the hombrew for yrs . pls educate us .
wht is Yam extracts ? and wht does that have to do with homebrewing your own suplements .

It's clear I didn't know what you meant by homebrew and you didn't know what I was referring to. YES, powders are the cheapest route by far, and as mentioned, you can control the production process to get clean, accurate dosed gear. Powders from the board sponsors are the source of 100% of my steroids.

When I mentioned yams, I meant start with a yam, grind it up and soak it in ethanol, filter off the liquid and evaporate it, then perform a series of chemical reactions to make the steroid you want. This will NEVER be cost effective for personal use, UG lab, etc.

Some knowledge of chemistry is very nice to make alterations to powder products though, e.g. making THG.

Heavy_Lifter said:
Being an organic chemist by trade, i love mention of the "home brew." If you meant synthesis of steroids from raw materials (yam extracts, etc), the process is NOT cost effective, much less within the reach of 99.9% of the general population. Powders on the other hand are the most inexpensive route.

To get account dosages for orals, you will need a scale accurate to the nearest milligram. Just weigh out the powder each day, cap if you feel really ambitious.

For injectables/suspensions it is easiest to dilute to the desired concentration. Suppose you have 50 grams of prop and want a 100mg/ml solution:

50 grams = 50000 milligrams

50000 = (100)(X milliliters) => solve for X, X = 500 milliliters.

So add enough BA/BB to dissolve the powder (this info is easy to find) and enough oil to reach 500 millilters. Enough prop for you and every kid on the block!
Jesus why. Who's going to make 5 - 50 ml vials for home use.

1 - 50 ml vial of Test Prop @ 100 mgs

Powder......5 grams
BA.............2% = 1 ml
BB.............15% = 7.5 mls
Oil.............36.50 mls

Add the following up and you'll see it = 50 mls total

5+1+7.5+36.50 = WHAT

Last edited:
engbulldog said:
Ok here is the dumb question(s) is it more cost efective to make your own gear? How do you get the right dose? are there any posts on this matter i would like to do some reading on this before i even try to make my gear any help would be great thanks:D

To much of a hassle IMO. When you have quality AAS with BD, Stealth I wouldnt bother with home brewing.

im curious what u tool u guys use to make sure u get the powder measured out then make sure u get every little bit of that powder taken off the scale then put in the solution... that may sound confusing how i typed that.

It's nearly impossible not to loose any powder going from the pouch to the vial, no matter how careful you are. To account for this I just add a few ml's less oil. For the prop example above, say I added 495 ml rather than 500. Did I loose a whole 250 mg of the powder? Probably not, but in my opinion, better to be over-dosed than under-dosed!

bellicose said:
you don't need a scale...even with orals
Oh really. So you just automatically assume what was sent to you was right on.

Tell me if you were sent 100 grams of powder and only wanted to make 100 mls of test @ 250 mgs, how would you go about measuring or weighing out 25grams of your powder.

I use a scale that's good to .001 grams.

Sure glad you don't homebrew my goodies.

Tough Old Man said:
Oh really. So you just automatically assume what was sent to you was right on.

Tell me if you were sent 100 grams of powder and only wanted to make 100 mls of test @ 250 mgs, how would you go about measuring or weighing out 25grams of your powder.

I use a scale that's good to .001 grams.

Sure glad you don't homebrew my goodies.
i have alot more faith in my powder guy than i do in other suppliers where the gear goes through two or three middle men before it arrives to you.

If i get 100gm then i brew 100gms...its that simple. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

chadahoochie02 said:
doesnt everyone homebrew?:confused: :p

Well, no. But I'd like to start. It looks like a fun hobby. ;)

It looks like I have to buy a min of 50g which will last me a long while. I wouldn't want to mix it all at once. Maybe 10g at a time. How can I keep the powder fresh? How long will Test. Cyp. powder retain its potency?

sablya said:
Well, no. But I'd like to start. It looks like a fun hobby. ;)

It looks like I have to buy a min of 50g which will last me a long while. I wouldn't want to mix it all at once. Maybe 10g at a time. How can I keep the powder fresh? How long will Test. Cyp. powder retain its potency?
Approx 3 yrs and after that it loses about 10% potency a yr.

Do you all get your bulk hormones from one of the board sponsers? Also how are they for shipping to Canada? I've been looking into home brewing for sometime now, you can save a TON of money, especially on things like Tren. From what i've seen any type of Test is dirt cheap to make. I'm also interested in capping some anavar, that way it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws