over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Home Gym flooring options?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am very slowly beginning to piece together a home gym starting with a used power rack. The rack is in pieces in my basement and before I put it together I wanted to get some Ideas for flooring. Right now I have a concrete floor. I noticed in my gym besides the rubber on the floor there is something under it that gives it a bit of give. Ive seen pieces of that floor peeled back to reveal a second layer but I'm unsure what it is. If anyone knows what I should use to protect my basement floor I'd appreciate the advice.

I'm not sure what they use but I bought those piece together foam squares and covered my floor with them. I bought them at dicks. Works great.

I am very slowly beginning to piece together a home gym starting with a used power rack. The rack is in pieces in my basement and before I put it together I wanted to get some Ideas for flooring. Right now I have a concrete floor. I noticed in my gym besides the rubber on the floor there is something under it that gives it a bit of give. Ive seen pieces of that floor peeled back to reveal a second layer but I'm unsure what it is. If anyone knows what I should use to protect my basement floor I'd appreciate the advice.

Been a gym operator for 20+ years. Typically we run 8mm in the main areas and a thug rug (I hate that name) in the free weight areas. 8mm will run you about $1.50 sqft for commercial grade. For you home gym you won't need that. You can google it and find a lot of options.

What you want is horse stall matts. Find a feedstore, or tractor supply in your area and you can typically get them fairly cheap. These are the best IMO, and all you need ontop of the concrete.
**broken link removed**

What you want is horse stall matts. Find a feedstore, or tractor supply in your area and you can typically get them fairly cheap. These are the best IMO, and all you need ontop of the concrete.
**broken link removed**

You really need to consider these. For the price and the durability, I have been considering them for myself. Once you look at in person, you can tell they can take a beating from plates and dumbells.

I agree with the above posters. Horse stall mats or rolled rubber. You don't need anything underneath it for your basement.

Is that your garage? Man I wish I could devote my garage to a gym. Can't park my cars outside..lol

I've lived there about 6 years and parked my truck in there twice I think? I turned it into a gym pretty quickly. Now that the gf is moved in she wishes she could park her Mustang in it, buuut she does like squatting right when she gets home from work.

I agree with everyone that said horse stall mats. You don't need them for the entire area either imo. Just where the weights will be dropping. Like deadlifts.

**broken link removed**

That's what I use in my gym......I did put 3/4" plywood down with mats on top only in the area we dead lift and squat the rest of the gym is mats over concrete.

horse stall mats for sure! I have 3/4 right on concrete in my garage and routinely do 500+ deadlifts on them. No issue at all!

These bad boys can take the pounding of horses for decades

I agree with horse stall mats, my ex girl had these and we tried them in her basement man and it was the best thing over the concrete highly recommend. Get the ones at least an inch think or 3/4:headbang:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws