over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOME GYM help

hollaatyaboyy1

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How's it going guys I'm a couple days away from closing on my first home. It has a basement and I'm thinking of getting a peice or two of equiptment just to have. The basement is sectioned off into different rooms. And I think I want to try and get a multi use squat rack /cage and a set of adjustable dumbells in the house. Can anyone reccomend a good setup that doesn't break the bank. Thanks.

Ps also in the market for a stepmill or good treadmill. Any recommendations. Are appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go to fitnessfactory.com. I have the pic I attached anduse it periodically when I can't make it to the gym. It's plenty sturdy and you can do all those fun compound movements on it.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 229
I would go to fitnessfactory.com. I have the pic I attached anduse it periodically when I can't make it to the gym. It's plenty sturdy and you can do all those fun compound movements on it.

Thanks. That looks small enough too

Congrats on your first home brother.
Craigslist is gold. People buy this stuff don't use it then sell it constantly most hardly used. I bought a set up just like you said off a 65yo retired guy for $200. All brand new dudes wife just wanted it gone. That's common on CL though, you might need to look for a few weeks until what you want pops u but its always gonna be way below retail.

Last edited:
There was a Mod on here selling some home gym equipment a month back.... does anyone remember who it was? I'm actually interested in buying a piece of him.

I have a very nice home gym set up.. It took me a few years to purchase it, I bought pieces here and there..

I scored the bulk on criagslist on a "Take his fucking shit please" sale.. Some prick cheated on his wife, and I bought a nice cage, squat rack,smith machine,adjustable portable bench, upper/lower cables.. I bought attachments such as rope,V-bar, a few different types of lat bars, I even scored a shrug bar (98$ walmart).. I have a shit tone or dumbbells I got over the years, and I have a really nice adjustable set made by (best interchangeable dumbbells ever made) there not cumbersome, and the grip is rugged and professional..

I bought a new treadmill, I have it all, I workout from home or gym, depends..

Im even able to do leg press using the smith, google it, it's very effective..

You can do this, just buy a little bit at a time brutha, and before you know it, you'll have a nice set up.. Look online and wait for some chump to cheat in his wife, she'll be more than willing to give it to you fro a steal, trust me!

**broken link removed**

I have a very nice home gym set up.. It took me a few years to purchase it, I bought pieces here and there..

I scored the bulk on criagslist on a "Take his fucking shit please" sale.. Some prick cheated on his wife, and I bought a nice cage, squat rack,smith machine,adjustable portable bench, upper/lower cables.. I bought attachments such as rope,V-bar, a few different types of lat bars, I even scored a shrug bar (98$ walmart).. I have a shit tone or dumbbells I got over the years, and I have a really nice adjustable set made by (best interchangeable dumbbells ever made) there not cumbersome, and the grip is rugged and professional..

I bought a new treadmill, I have it all, I workout from home or gym, depends..

Im even able to do leg press using the smith, google it, it's very effective..

You can do this, just buy a little bit at a time brutha, and before you know it, you'll have a nice set up.. Look online and wait for some chump to cheat in his wife, she'll be more than willing to give it to you fro a steal, trust me!

**broken link removed**

Who made those dumbbells bro ? Link?

Who made those dumbbells bro ? Link?

These are called Hoist by Ironmaster.. After I got these "used" I looked them up to see how big they make these, because I was beyond impressed, and to my surprise Mr. Lee Priest uses these..

These aren't like those interchangeable that you see in sporting good places, these are like legit, like compact, tight, no wobble, and the feel is like a fixed iron dumbbell.. And the grip is grainy as fuck, great feel to it, actually a bit to grainy.. They make them at a starting base (5lbs for the frame) and it goes from 5-45, than from there you can add more weights if you buy them.. They screw in, and lock very tight..Best dumbbells I've ever used in my life.. I got them by chance, I just hit a buddy up that sells items, told him to get me dumbbells, he told me he actually has a set I might like, and jackpot it was a score.. Best random text message I've ever sent anyone..

**broken link removed**

Get an actual power cage. So many more options. Elitefts sells a bunch of things that can be attached to it. They have these simple little pulley systems that can attach to the cage four pulldowns, rowing, tricep work. It'll save you a bunch of money and space

Attachments

• IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 189
I have a shit ton of bands as well.. heres my cage , but red, I tossed the bench and got a better one, and like I said, I have just about every attachment, I have framed boxes for doing wheels, chains, grips,bands, bars, wheels, a shit ton.. used items mostly..saved me a ton!

Body-Solid-Series-7-Smith-Machine-Package-System-GS348QP4-fs.jpg

Thanks. That looks small enough too

I forgot to ask your budget. The setup I posted is under $1,000 and that includes the weights. For about 3K-4K you can get an even better setup. I have ordered many things from fitness factory and all quality.

Dicks sporting goods has a nice sturdy rack for like $300 I have one at home and its perfect for almost everything.. If money isn't an issue I would buy a heavier duty one but this one works for 90% of what you would need it for. No attached bench so youd need to buy one

Very jealous mate....wish I could have afforded a gym in my first home[emoji20]

Go to the classifieds first.. People dumping great stuff all the time. Last week I found a gym quality pull down and row w/ 200lb stack that I love.. Smooth as glass like at the gym. $250. I found squat rack/bench with full compliment of olympic weights and bars $150. I am pretty happy all around now and saved some money. Someones mom is cleaning out the garage even as we speak.

You'll want to get the basics which aren't expensive like a power rack, a couple of incline\ decline benches dumbbells as high as you have room for\can afford and a lat pd\low row. If money is there I would suggest a leg press\hack squat but that's the last in the priority list. I would check craigslist there's always equipment out there at a good price. Even if the price is too high give them a low ball offer they will probably take it. I have a gym in a shed with unlimited room and I can think of so many pieces of equipment I would buy if money wasn't an issue.

Last edited:
Space is going to be an issue I'm going to post pics tomm of my basement after closing. And I'll see what you guys think.

There was a Mod on here selling some home gym equipment a month back.... does anyone remember who it was? I'm actually interested in buying a piece of him.

Yes it was LATS. I'd check with him before I bought anything. He had some very nice pieces for sale.

IMG_1549.jpg

This is the house empty and how the previous owners left it This is one section of the basement I was thinking of using there is a bigger "entertaining" area where I will be putting a tv and some sound equipment. And hopefully a treadmill or a stepper. I will take a pic of that section tomorrow.

View attachment 93212

This is the house empty and how the previous owners left it This is one section of the basement I was thinking of using there is a bigger "entertaining" area where I will be putting a tv and some sound equipment. And hopefully a treadmill or a stepper. I will take a pic of that section tomorrow.

Now that I'm looking at that section I really don't want to risk messing up those floors. So I'm thinking about converting this other section of the basement into the gym. It looks something like this IMG_1556.jpg

Under that rug is concrete. My only concern is if I was to get a full rack there are two ceiling fans I would have to work around

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost