over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Homunculus on L-Car

IronLion2

Banned

19:00 Injectable L Carnitine with Dr Scott Stevenson

@homonunculus actually mentioned something I talked to @Gunsmith that injectable L-Car could be loaded on refeed days and maintain increased levels through out the week rather than the obsessive ED dosing.

Yes loads of possible benefits and like everything it's worth researching and seeing if it's suitable for you. I know it's a popular thing on this forum and for very good reason. As long as you take enough of it and fairly regularly you should be very happy with the results. I get no pip from synthetine so I don't mind injecting regularly. I usually do it preworkout so that could be 3-6 times per week but if I am hitting it hard I don't mind dosing it daily as well. I have always noticed a difference when I dose it regularly at a good dose but like many things as long as you get it in you it will work.

I wonder if there is any benefit to getting started with injection L-Carnitine for say a 4-6 weeks while taking oral Acetyl-L-Carnitine then after the “loading pahase” just taking say 5 grams of the oral as a maintenance.

This would cut down on the many large injections and the current issue of a consistent source of affordable injection L-Carnitine.

I wonder if there is any benefit to getting started with injection L-Carnitine for say a 4-6 weeks while taking oral Acetyl-L-Carnitine then after the “loading pahase” just taking say 5 grams of the oral as a maintenance.

This would cut down on the many large injections and the current issue of a consistent source of affordable injection L-Carnitine.

That was his thought but the issue with l-car in PO form is the creation of trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMAO). I wonder if a nasal spray could be had.

Datbtrue had some info on exactly that if you are willing to research and dig it up

That was his thought but the issue with l-car in PO form is the creation of trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMAO). I wonder if a nasal spray could be had.

FYI: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1756464615001735

"
Abstract
Trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO) was recently discovered as a novel and independent risk factor for promoting atherosclerosis while it has been found to be generated from dietary carnitine through metabolism of gut microbiota for decades. Antibiotics were found to successfully inhibit the pathway of gut microbiota-dependent TMAO formation, as well as prevention of atherosclerosis. However, the side effects and resistance potential of antibiotics limit their potential application. Allicin is a well-established antimicrobial phytochemical naturally found in fresh blended garlic and easily acquired from diet. Here we demonstrated that the plasma TMAO levels in C57BL/6 mice fed with dietary carnitine were 4–22 times greater than that in the control chow diet group during carnitine challenge test. Interestingly, the differences of plasma TMAO level were not seen when comparing mice in carnitine plus allicin diet group with the control chow diet group. The results of this study suggest that dietary allicin may be capable of protecting the host from producing TMAO when carnitine is consumed through its impact on gut microbiota. Allicin and dietary fresh garlic containing allicin may be used as functional foods for the prevention of atherosclerosis."

"
Abstract
One of the most recently proposed candidates as a potential trigger for cardiovascular diseases is trimethylamine-N-oxide (TMAO). Possible direct effects of TMAO on myocardial tissue, independent of vascular damage, have been only partially explored so far. In the present study, we assessed the detrimental direct effects of TMAO on cardiomyocyte contractility and intracellular calcium dynamics, and the ability of urolithin B-glucuronide (Uro B-gluc) in counteracting TMAO-induced cell damage. Cell mechanics and calcium transients were measured, and ultrastructural analysis was performed in ventricular cardiomyocytes isolated from the heart of normal adult rats. Cells were either untreated, exposed to TMAO, or to TMAO and Uro B-gluc. TMAO exposure worsened cardiomyocyte mechanics and intracellular calcium handling, as documented by the decrease in the fraction of shortening (FS) and the maximal rate of shortening and re-lengthening, associated with reduced efficiency in the intracellular calcium removal. Ultrastructurally, TMAO-treated cardiomyocytes also exhibited glycogen accumulation, a higher number of mitochondria and lipofuscin-like pigment deposition, suggesting an altered cellular energetic metabolism and a higher rate of protein oxidative damage, respectively. Uro B-gluc led to a complete recovery of cellular contractility and calcium dynamics, and morphologically to a reduced glycogen accumulation. We demonstrated for the first time a direct negative role of TMAO on cardiomyocyte functional properties and the ability of Uro B-gluc in counteracting these detrimental effects."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15656654/ "
Abstract
Ellagitannins (ETs) are dietary polyphenols, containing ellagic acid (EA) subunits, with antioxidant and cancer chemopreventive activities that might contribute to health benefits in humans. However, little is known about their metabolic fate. We investigate here the metabolism of different dietary ETs and EA derivatives in humans. Forty healthy volunteers were distributed in four groups. Each group consumed, in a single dose, a different ET-containing foodstuff, i.e., strawberries (250 g), red raspberries (225 g), walnuts (35 g), and oak-aged red wine (300 mL). After the intake, five urine fractions (F) were collected at 8 (F1), 16 (F2), 32 (F3), 40 (F4), and 56 (F5) h. Neither ETs nor EA were detected in urine after LC-MS/MS analysis. However, the microbial metabolite 3,8-dihydroxy-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-6-one (urolithin B) conjugated with glucuronic acid was detected along the fractions F3-F5 in all of the subjects, independently of the consumed foodstuff. The mean percentage of metabolite excretion ranged from 2.8 (strawberries) to 16.6% (walnuts) regarding the ingested ETs. Considerable interindividual differences were noted, identifying "high and low metabolite excreters" in each group, which supported the involvement of the colonic microflora in ET metabolism. These results indicate that urolithin B (a previously described antiangiogenic and hyaluronidase inhibitor compound) is a biomarker of human exposure to dietary ETs and may be useful in intervention studies with ET-containing products. The antioxidant and anticarcinogenic effects of dietary ETs and EA should be considered in the gastrointestinal tract whereas the study of potential systemic activities should be focused on the bioavailable urolithin B derivatives."

-S

Datbtrue had some info on exactly that if you are willing to research and dig it up
**broken link removed**

Here ^^^^

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear