over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

honey moon..

spartan995

Banned
Hey, not exactly sure where this post belongs so feel free to move it if need be!

My wife and I are looking for a great place to honeymoon! I'd love some suggestions from people that have been to places they'd recommend. My wife and I would like to be able to do activities (i.e. snorkeling, swimming with sharks, take in some history, see the country side, etc). We aren't people that just want to sit on a beach all day. I appreciate the comments and suggestions!

Thank you!

I am in Romania now. This is a great country to visit with lots of history. You still have castles standing for centuries. I would suggest summer to visit though. It has beautiful countryside with lots of things to do. From nightlife, restaurants downtown, museums, famous clubs, to visiting castles, hiking, beaches and you name it. Look at these 22 beautiful spots. I also gave you a Romania tour guide web site.

22+ Reasons Why You Should Visit Romania | Bored Panda

ROMANIA - Travel and Tourism Information

My wife and I just went to Dreams Las Mareas in Costa Rica. The resort was nice and it was all inclusive at a pretty good price. The excursions were separate but man we had some fun. Zip lining, atv riding, hiking. They also had snorkeling and fishing. We also went to Nicaragua on a day trip and to see some volcanoes. That side of Costa Rica is pretty dry even during the rain season. The beach was kind of a bust though because of the volcanic sand and sting rays. [emoji16]
Which was fine for me. The swim up bars were perfect and poolside service. Lots of pools. Congrats and I hope you guys have fun wherever you go.

I know you mentioned beaches, but my wife and I did Alaska for almost the entire month of June when we married.

Rented a car, started in Seward after flying into Anchorage, and spent 3-4 days in different areas while heading as far north as we could go. Hiking on glaciers, hitting national parks, dog sled camp, river boat rides, float planes, fishing, trains, etc..... There was just so much to do and enjoy.

Biggest plus for us was that it wasn't crowded like typical places. Most people do the cruise and don't get to spend a lot of time in the interior. We got to do what we wanted when we wanted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I remember asking a similar question to a friend of mine years
ago about where do go on vacation. (He was very well traveled.)

He said it would be easier to answer if you asked me what places
to avoid . . . I then did . . . to which he answered . . . the planet earth.

I am not that cynical but I have been more than a few places for a
lot of reasons (some I am not proud of) but given more information,
if you could provide; time, $$, interests, domestic or international,
safety, etc. . . . I am sure we can all come up with more than a few
options.

Feel free to PM me if you like and we can talk . . .

And congratulations.

My vote is Maui...I just love it there. So relaxing. Newly married in Oct and will be going in May for our honeymoon

or I would say St Marten or St Thomas. Amazing beach's and the water is amazing

I would recommend Hawaii. You won't find another spot with nicer weather all year round. There are also plenty of things to do, golf, snorkel, scuba, fish, night life, great restaurants, hiking, etc. If money isn't any issue, I recommend staying at the Grand Wailea in Maui. They have all the amenities you could possibly want, and most things to do are nearby.

I'd second maui. Tropical but not too touristy. 8 HR flight from CA so if your further east you going to spend a day flight time.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Maui is an obvious choice...

If you're trying to save some $$$, I've gone on great trips to Jamaica, Costa Rica, the DR, St. Lucia (check that place out), etc.

You can save crazy $$$ on these places compared to Hawaii plus it's all new...really nice beaches, amazing food, cool tropical adventures.

Hawaii or any of the virgin islands. Also like Alaska in the summer and cruises.

My wife and I did an all inclusive in Cancun and LOVED it in fact we are trying to go back. There is amazing food at the restaurants there and as far as booze goes it was pretty decent stuff not like total bottom shelf stuff. We went on a fishing tour for cheap as well. I didn't spend hardly any money when I was down there as well.

Budget would be helpful. I did Maui and Kauai. I am reasonably well traveled for a peckerwood, and these two stand out for their beauty. The road to Hana and the seven pools etc are touristy, but the road hanging off a friggin cliff limits the crowds.

A trip to Rome would also be terrific. Few days in Rome, Rent a car if you are brave, or take a train ride to the Amalfi Coast. Positano, Sorrento, a day trip to the Isle of Capri. Amazing.

In Rome I recommend getting a car or driver and going up into the Roman Hills. I ate pizza at a place that opened centuries ago. It overlooked the lake formed by a volcano where The Romans practiced sea battle, over the city of Rome, and straight out into the Sea.

Also in Italy a trip from Rome to Cinque Terra. Last time I was there I drove from Florence to Cinque Terra, and visited Porto Fino, San Remo, Monaco, and Nice Paris. I just basically followed the coast and as it came close to dark, found places to stay. Most towns I visited I have never heard of. Just followed the sea. I would ask shop owners for a good place to stay and invariably one they or their relatives had a flat or townhouse to rent. I rarely paid over 100 euro a night. I did splurge a bit in France however.

I personally would not choose Cancun, Cozumel, Jamaica, Bahamas for a honeymoon. I know many do. I would think more towards Bermuda, St Barts, etc., but again, budget is an issue. I have been to all of the above places multiple times, especially when I was younger. Aruba was enjoyable and I finally put my weak windsurfing skills to the test. Lots of fun. On Aruba I was able to find a private beach for about 4 hours by renting a scooter and traveling to the north end of the Island. I also did the same in Cozumel close to the lighthouse but I guess that is probably developed by now. Had hours to ourselves on the beach with one old gnarly fisherman cooking fish over wood fire for maybe $5.

My advice? Just don't be to busy, or feel forced to "cram everything in", with an obvious exception for the honeymoon night! Take it easy, relax, get to enjoy one another. Congratulations.

Pwood

Budget would be helpful. I did Maui and Kauai. I am reasonably well traveled for a peckerwood, and these two stand out for their beauty.

A lot of Hawaii votes on here...never been to Maui, but I did go to Kauai with my gf (now wife) as I really wanted to relax and I will second the above....what a beautiful place to visit...didn't want to leave. Not the touristy island from everything I saw out there....really just heaven on earth.

Thailand. Depends how long u have but on ko tao island u have the most amazing resorts with all the excursions.

Ko samui is more touristy with nightlife and sruff to see....go even more inland and there.much much more stuf to check out and do.

And won't be a mega rip

Pwoods’s recommendations are very much worth considering your budget. (I have been there done done that so I know.)

Am not sure if international travel is in your plans, but if it is, overall, I can’t fault Pwood, he is right on all accounts.

Think about it this way . . . this is the only time you can create this memory . . . do it right, you will not regret it.

Domestic travel would deserve a separate thread (perhaps there already is one?).

I wish you and yours all the best.

alfresco

Budget would be helpful. I did Maui and Kauai. I am reasonably well traveled for a peckerwood, and these two stand out for their beauty. The road to Hana and the seven pools etc are touristy, but the road hanging off a friggin cliff limits the crowds.

A trip to Rome would also be terrific. Few days in Rome, Rent a car if you are brave, or take a train ride to the Amalfi Coast. Positano, Sorrento, a day trip to the Isle of Capri. Amazing.

In Rome I recommend getting a car or driver and going up into the Roman Hills. I ate pizza at a place that opened centuries ago. It overlooked the lake formed by a volcano where The Romans practiced sea battle, over the city of Rome, and straight out into the Sea.

Also in Italy a trip from Rome to Cinque Terra. Last time I was there I drove from Florence to Cinque Terra, and visited Porto Fino, San Remo, Monaco, and Nice Paris. I just basically followed the coast and as it came close to dark, found places to stay. Most towns I visited I have never heard of. Just followed the sea. I would ask shop owners for a good place to stay and invariably one they or their relatives had a flat or townhouse to rent. I rarely paid over 100 euro a night. I did splurge a bit in France however.

I personally would not choose Cancun, Cozumel, Jamaica, Bahamas for a honeymoon. I know many do. I would think more towards Bermuda, St Barts, etc., but again, budget is an issue. I have been to all of the above places multiple times, especially when I was younger. Aruba was enjoyable and I finally put my weak windsurfing skills to the test. Lots of fun. On Aruba I was able to find a private beach for about 4 hours by renting a scooter and traveling to the north end of the Island. I also did the same in Cozumel close to the lighthouse but I guess that is probably developed by now. Had hours to ourselves on the beach with one old gnarly fisherman cooking fish over wood fire for maybe $5.

My advice? Just don't be to busy, or feel forced to "cram everything in", with an obvious exception for the honeymoon night! Take it easy, relax, get to enjoy one another. Congratulations.

Pwood

Hey, not exactly sure where this post belongs so feel free to move it if need be!

My wife and I are looking for a great place to honeymoon! I'd love some suggestions from people that have been to places they'd recommend. My wife and I would like to be able to do activities (i.e. snorkeling, swimming with sharks, take in some history, see the country side, etc). We aren't people that just want to sit on a beach all day. I appreciate the comments and suggestions!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Grand Sirenis Mexico. Affordable, 40 min south of Cancun. Bring some bread, and the fish come to you. 30 Minutes south see Tulum, and Mayan temples, aligned to the stars. For turtles and Stingrays, Akumel beach is near Tulum as well. Food is the best anywhere, especially for a body builder. And the place actually has great night entertainment, not cheap lounge acts...

El Dorado Casitas, at the Riviera Maya in Mexico. South of Cancun, Adults only. There are 2 sections book the one called the Casitas in the El Dorado. Off to the side of the main resort. There were about 20 "Casitas" (suites) arranged in the shape of a horseshoe. In the center was our own big pool with swim up bar and grill. Right on the beach. Perfect clear water like the post cards. The rest of the resort was huge and we had full run of the whole thing. Many 5 star places to eat. Pools everywhere. We would call the front desk and they would send a cool little golf cart/shuttle to pick us up in 5 minutes to take us to any restaurant on the resort (place was huge) Was my girls birthday and my concierge made sure all the places knew about. They decorated our room for her birthday for three nights. Best food on vacation ever. True 5 star restaurants. Almost forgot there was a breakfast place that had a huge waterfall running down one wall and our waiter was a famous Mexican opera star (not kidding) He came over and sang her an aria in Spanish about a beautiful woman on her birthday. My girl started crying! I did good.
I've been to about a dozen places in the Caribbean and this was the best. We had our own infinity pool on our deck next to the giant hot tub!
Sorry to ramble on but this place is amazing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear