over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hope you don't drive to far to a gym

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
"My Prediction"​

Gas hits $6+ a gallon by May. Will you still be able to afford to drive to your local gym or will you start training at home using whatever you have to train with.

I can live with $4 gallon....$6 will be causing some hurt. Hope your wrong TOM!!!!!

TOM,

i am on the East Coast and we are only sitting at around $3 and some change(like $3.10) is it that expensive down there?

I never look at gas prices. All of my vehicles are gas guzzling V8s and it seems like a futile excercise. For that matter, it's pointless for anybody to care. The petroleum companies are going to do whatever they please....period. The "environmentalists" only compound this problem (just like Europe).

Sadly, this could turn out to be a very gloomy prophecy for those on a shoestring budget that absoutely must drive. Either way, the US still has some of the cheapest fossil fuel prices per capita in the industrialized world.

lets hope it never gets that high! $6 would be ridiculous.

If we would drill in North Dakota where they found 500million+ barrels of oil we would only be paying .75 a gallon, but thank the environmentalists for that one

Buy a motorcycle and keep it for times like these.

^ I told my wife I would ride a moped to work as I only live 5 miles from the house and the gym is across the street. Probably spend $100/yr on gas

I walk or run :)

If it does hit $6 a gallon it won't stay that high for too long. If it did it would encourage investment in alternative energy sources. What they will do is allow the prices to climb to $5+ and then when people get really pissed and start talking seriously about alternative energy sources and reduced comsumption they will then start to drop the prices back down but they will only drop down to $3.5 to $4 dollars (depending on your area) a gallon. Everyone will be happy they are lower again and won't complain about them being on average $0.5 more a gallon. Far too many of us have short memories and are short sighted which will allow this scheme to work.

heres mine.......

it will never go above $4.50

Will be checking back on this thread in a few months:headbang:

$6 per gallon would be a disaster for our economy right now! I just filled up @ $2.90 per gallon today and that price is insane as is!

We need $1.25 gas again, it wasn't that long ago that we were there.

42 miles round trip for me to the gym and I have an F250 diesel turbo powerstroke. I am already paying quite a bit.

Skip

3 miles to work, and 1.5 to the gym. When I got a new job 3 yrs ago I did all that on purpose so gas prices wouldn't own me.

What pisses me off the increase will be from fucking speculators, not actual disruption of oil flow. Its absolute bullshit.

6 a gallon would destroy a fragile economy in the US. Idon't see it going past 4 and that will be really bad.

On another tangent, FHA loan limits will drop to 176k in November. Thats about 100k drop.This will have a bad effect on a fragile homebuilding industry.

You guys dont know how good you have it.

in the UK if i convert sterling to dollar you are looking at around 10 dollars per gallon.

70+ percent of this goes to our government for tax...total rip off

Ah...the advantage of living less than a mile from the gym and work! :headbang:

Last time gas was getting this high, there was an uproar and government inquiries. Doesn't seem to be happening this time. :mad:

42 miles round trip for me to the gym and I have an F250 diesel turbo powerstroke. I am already paying quite a bit.

Skip
Oh shit that would be a bitch if fuel goes real high. I know that a diesel engine gets better fuel economy but diesel does cost a little more the gas

You guys dont know how good you have it.

in the UK if i convert sterling to dollar you are looking at around 10 dollars per gallon.

70+ percent of this goes to our government for tax...total rip off

While this is true, the US and europe are setup totally different in terms of both infrastructure and culture.
The US basically "grew up" during a time when the country both had a decent amount of money and had cheap gas. As such people have grown used to commuting longer distances to work, living in suburbs out away from the city, etc. Also, because of the high gas prices in the EU, public transportation has grown to meet the demand of the people. I went all over spain, france and italy without ever getting in a car except for the occaisional taxi.

Ten dollar per gallon gas here, if it happened quickly, would literally devastate the country.

Skip

i know how you feel
i drive a 7600lb f150
it has many mods done to it and i average about 14-15mpg and $75 doesnt fill the tank, 30 gallon tank here, usually 26 gallons. running 91 octane on a tune and the 87 nets me about 13mpg
time for a g8 for me!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity