over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hosting a Foreign exchange student

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was asked if I would host a foreign exchange student while he is here on vacation from July 5 to 31. I thought, why not. I have to feed him and take him places, but I always like to give back, since many have helped me over the years. His name is Asner and he is from Spain. 17 years old. I always wanted to visit there and don't know anyone from Spain, so this will be educational for me.

At the last moment, they asked me if I can take another student in. This young man is from France and is 14. His name is Mathias. I told them if they can't find a place for him, I take him in too.

One thing is for sure, I need to stock up on food for these 2 teenagers, LOL. I wait until they get here and take them to store to pick out food they will enjoy. I always think you should give back in life, especially when you are blessed.

Looking forward to learn much as possible from these 2 young men. The more you learn about other cultures and countries, the more you expand your education and horizons.

Hahahah how do you even get involved in something like this??? Your acting like someone cold called you asking if you’d take some kids lol. I’m just messing around I assume your part of some kind of organization. Well better in your hands than most people, just make sure you show them what a true America male lives like(what’s left of them).

Sprinkle some dbol in their cereal [emoji846]...

Jk

Very nice thing to do. They'll be shocked to see the excess in our culture! Happy 4th everyone [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sprinkle some dbol in their cereal [emoji846]...

Jk

Very nice thing to do. They'll be shocked to see the excess in our culture! Happy 4th everyone [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ur gonna trigger all the redcoats :eek:

Wow, so are you going to have the two of them at the same time? If you do I hope that they get along. I forget, do you have kids living at home now?

We have thought about hosting an exchange student. In our school system they have some from Germany come and I think they are here a full school year. Big commitment. We have a spare bedroom though. Let us know how it goes, im interested to know. All of the exchange students I have met at school are really nice, smart, and mature. They should be good kids. Most of them all seem to come from good families that raised them right.

Last edited:
Wow, so are you going to have the two of them at the same time? If you do I hope that they get along. I forget, do you have kids living at home now?

We have thought about hosting an exchange student. In our school system they have some from Germany come and I think they are here a full school year. Big commitment. We have a spare bedroom though. Let us know how it goes, im interested to know. All of the exchange students I have met at school are really nice, smart, and mature. They should be good kids. Most of them all seem to come from good families that raised them right.

I couldn't do the whole year due to being in Romania in August and part of September. They come in August 15 for school year.

One thing I can GUARANTEE you without even knowing him a bit, you'll be literally shocked at how Mathias SUCKS at English... :eek::p Unless of course one of his close relatives is native from the US or Commonwealth, which is quite unlikely... French school system is probably one of the WORST in the world when it comes to teaching Shakespeare's language. :(

Asner, from Spain, should do much better. :D;)

One thing I can GUARANTEE you without even knowing him a bit, you'll be literally shocked at how Mathias SUCKS at English... :eek::p Unless of course one of his close relatives is native from the US or Commonwealth, which is quite unlikely... French school system is probably one of the WORST in the world when it comes to teaching Shakespeare's language. :(

I thought it would be the opposite. France has this air about it that it is sophisticated and Spain is just kinda blah. Do they learn any other languages in France? Its a weird concept to have so many nationalities packed in so close together all speaking different languages.

Ive never been out of the US. I plan on going to Italy next summer and then maybe take a train up to France. I wonder if there is a train route that connects Paris and Rome. Ive run into several people that have vacationed in Italy and they all liked it. I also studied Latin in school and learned about Roman history.

Good friends of mine just got back from staying in London. They were over there for 1 week and did 2 days in Paris. Took the train down there. They said that they didn't care for London at all. The people weren't friendly and they felt like it wasn't very nice compared to Paris. They loved Paris and want to go back there.

They told me they both speak good English, but then again, when I first met my wife she spoke broken English. I am very patient even if he didn't.

I thought it would be the opposite. France has this air about it that it is sophisticated and Spain is just kinda blah. Do they learn any other languages in France? Its a weird concept to have so many nationalities packed in so close together all speaking different languages.

Ive never been out of the US. I plan on going to Italy next summer and then maybe take a train up to France. I wonder if there is a train route that connects Paris and Rome. Ive run into several people that have vacationed in Italy and they all liked it. I also studied Latin in school and learned about Roman history.

Good friends of mine just got back from staying in London. They were over there for 1 week and did 2 days in Paris. Took the train down there. They said that they didn't care for London at all. The people weren't friendly and they felt like it wasn't very nice compared to Paris. They loved Paris and want to go back there.

Well... this so called "sophistication" France would have that other (southern or eastern) European countries wouldn't or at least to a much lesser extent, partially USED to hold truth up until 15-20 years ago... not anymore if you want my sincere opinion. And for a very simple reason: MASSIVE immigration over the past two decades has killed whatever "French spirit" might have indeed existed at some point in our history. Kids born in France being automatically given the citizenship, most migrants come here and have 3, 4... and many more children... THIS is the new visage of France, and it's getting worse by the day... :cool:

And of course, when all these kids are old enough to go to school, you have to TRY to give them a proper education, which gets extremely difficult for their background (poor countries in either Africa or the middle east) is completely different from a pupil whose family has forever lived on the territory... thus, irredeemably, the average level tends to decrease since you have to assimilate that "new population". But this trend is unfortunately the same all over WESTERN Europe (Eastern still resists :( ). Our once brilliant civilization is slowly (well... rather quickly btw) dying. :eek:

Now that being said, as far as English teaching goes, French have ALWAYS sucked... maybe out of pride... the nation never saw any reason to abide by the King of England's rules... :D Been this way for centuries! :p;)

Last edited:
As for Italy, Maldorf, if you ever a get a chance to travel there, please do... in spite of what's currently happening in Europe, STILL one of the sweetest place to live in the world IMO.

The only train from Rome to Paris is a night one, unless they have removed it too recently. :confused: But you have a high speed one from Paris to Torino (north of Italy), which takes only 3 hours. Then Torino-Roma should be something like 2 hours of so.

But that's the hard way... plenty of planes, and they're usually much cheaper than trains.

My piece of advice though, if you'll drive a car there: use the road to go from Rome to Nice (south east of France), this way you'll get to enjoy the absolutely MAGNIFICIENT landscapes along the way, that ends with the Riviera on both sides of the border. :)

They told me they both speak good English, but then again, when I first met my wife she spoke broken English. I am very patient even if he didn't.

I'm eagerly waiting to hear the outcome on that one... :D:naughty:;)

Well... this so called "sophistication" France would have that other (southern or eastern) European countries wouldn't or at least to a much lesser extent, partially USED to hold truth up until 15-20 years ago... not anymore if you want my sincere opinion. And for a very simple reason: MASSIVE immigration over the past two decades has killed whatever "French spirit" might have indeed existed at some point in our history. Kids born in France being automatically given the citizenship, most migrants come here and have 3, 4... and many more children... THIS is the new visage of France, and it's getting worse by the day... :cool:

And of course, when all these kids are old enough to go to school, you have to TRY to give them a proper education, which gets extremely difficult for their background (poor countries in either Africa or the middle east) is completely different from a pupil whose family has forever lived on the territory... thus, irredeemably, the average level tends to decrease since you have to assimilate that "new population". But this trend is unfortunately the same all over WESTERN Europe (Eastern still resists :( ). Our once brilliant civilization is slowly (well... rather quickly btw) dying. :eek:

Now that being said, as far as English teaching goes, French have ALWAYS sucked... maybe out of pride... the nation never saw any reason to abide by the King of England's rules... :D Been this way for centuries! :p;)

I hadn't thought about immigration, that makes a lot of sense. We have that here in the US too, but to a lesser degree. You are so right about people coming and having kids, automatic citizens. Some women come when they are pregnant and have their babies here so they are citizens. Immigration seems to be a problem for so many of the top countries. Germany is having a lot of issues too I think. Do you feel the French customs and culture is starting to be snuffed out?

As for Italy, Maldorf, if you ever a get a chance to travel there, please do... in spite of what's currently happening in Europe, STILL one of the sweetest place to live in the world IMO.

The only train from Rome to Paris is a night one, unless they have removed it too recently. :confused: But you have a high speed one from Paris to Torino (north of Italy), which takes only 3 hours. Then Torino-Roma should be something like 2 hours of so.

But that's the hard way... plenty of planes, and they're usually much cheaper than trains.

My piece of advice though, if you'll drive a car there: use the road to go from Rome to Nice (south east of France), this way you'll get to enjoy the absolutely MAGNIFICIENT landscapes along the way, that ends with the Riviera on both sides of the border. :)

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking we would go this summer, but with my heart trouble and having the surgery we figured it might be risky for me to travel so soon. I am hoping I will be more stable next summer. I want to travel before I get so bad that I cant. I fear that will happen in the future.

Do you feel the French customs and culture is starting to be snuffed out?

100 000% YES... and it's happening LIGHTING FAST... SO SO SO SAD to see "what" we're becoming... but don't get me started on the subject... :eek::(

100 000% YES... and it's happening LIGHTING FAST... SO SO SO SAD to see "what" we're becoming... but don't get me started on the subject... :eek::(

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH!

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking we would go this summer, but with my heart trouble and having the surgery we figured it might be risky for me to travel so soon. I am hoping I will be more stable next summer. I want to travel before I get so bad that I cant. I fear that will happen in the future.

Don't worry about that, we still have VERY performing hospitals and more generally speaking medicine as a whole in Western Europe... hey, why do you think everyone's coming here to get treated... FOR FREE? :banghead::D;)

:D

Yeah, same kind of obnoxious propaganda in about 90% of the media here... it's getting so tiring I've stopped watching the news for a LONG time... :rolleyes:

Awesome Pesty...will the students just be going to school here or you being the host family,will you have time to do "American" stuffs with them? E.g. go beach,lake, fair,carnival,drop them off at the mall to cruise/check our chicks,etc? Will you share the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle with them, going to the gym, eat every 2 hours or so, no carbs on non workout days,etc? How do I look into being a host family? Always wanted to do it. Do you get paid,reimbursed for housing and feeding them? Or do they "host" you when,if you visit their country? Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear