over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hour of cardio everyday

Well you answered your own question. I'm pretty sure I've read your posts before and you don't seem to want to look like a BBer. I do. In order to keep pathways separate and grow OPTIMALLY like a BBer, i do it this way. TONS of other great physiques are made other ways though, just like you said.

You can basically look great if you lift hard and breathe heavy, no matter when and where it takes place. But when you start looking for the optimal way to cross your T's and dot your I's...people start doing things different.

Ah I see, now by “benefits” are we talking the fat burning/muscle building effects of each? The cardio vascular/health benefits?

So technically it’s a theory but nothing proven?

I really wonder about that because what about CrossFit athletes for example? Those guys lift crazy weight/volume and do crazy amounts of cardio.. I know sprint athletes do weights and sprints and even combine leg workouts with sprints.. And I would imagine there’s many other professional sports/athletes who also combine these things but I’m running out of factual examples lol...

Oh, Cameron Hanes also runs between 16 miles to a marathon a day and lifts weights too, and he may not be a bodybuilder by any means but he looks amazing (especially for his age) and he’s pretty muscular and ripped, very athletic look..

I guess I’ve been doing it wrong, need to incorporate more cardio. I always thought my lifting sessions were somewhat cardio though because I don’t rest much at all between sets and do lots of body weight cals stuff in between.

The idea in my head was always looking at the guys doing endless cardio they all look like complete shit, just skinny and sickly looking even the ones that lift too. That and cardio eats muscle but I know that’s simplifying it way too much maybe it’s just the excuse in my head for being lazy. I do try to be active on my off days though but I definitely don’t do any daily cardio.

Quitting my pack a day of Newport’s would probably help too 🤦🏻‍♂️

My cardio is step mill or heavy bag.

I do anywhere between 30-60 mins of cardio 4 times a week after lifting. I've gotten where I'm able to walk on the treadmill at 3.5 and incline of 6. I do go higher at times. I never hold on. I think everyone should be doing some form of cardio especially as you get older. It's not only good for the body, but the mind.

We all need cardio and it has plenty of benefits I would say that 3 mph sounds a bit on the slow side, 3.5-4 on an incline would b3 the minimum I would suggest to get any benefit unless you are just starting out and trying to build a bit of a fitness base.

I love to smoke a strong sativa strain, put on my music, then run a couple miles. Come back to the house and train in the garage. After lifting, reup on some sativa and run another mile.
This has been my 5-6 day/week routine since the march shutdown.

i like the treadmill for walks at about the same duration, an hour. a brisk pace 3.0 seems about right.

i do prefer it before the weights though, if i walk for an hour when i get to the gym, then my heart rate is woken up, maybe a slight sweat, it loosens me up to grind.

i have a bicycle with skinny street tires that i have been riding to the gym and sometimes on off days i go ride around for a couple hours.

off topic, but ive been doing bodyweight leglifts also. i want them to really tighten up my lower abdomen. I lie back down on the floor, i do a swimming style motion, but with totally straight flexed legs,

never letting my feet hit the floor. that's an area i need to tighten. the best abs i ever had were youth football abs from that exercise.

Hey everyone,

Since gyms opened back up ive been keeping up with my hour of walking everyday - on workout days I do after weights.

On a tredmill I do 3.0mph w/ 3-6 incline

Main purpose of doing this is for overall health/ heart health

Anyone else do anything similar?

I know Doggcrapp mentioned he does 60minutes of walking hills 6 times a week as well

Yup and I'll never go back. I had been doing 30 minutes on a bike every morning for years but now I do 60 minutes of walking, 6 days a week starting with 40 minutes every morning with the dog. Great to clear the mind on a 6am walk with the dog as well. Positive side effect is it really tires out a 6 month old puppy.

Started doin cardio for first time in my life when Covid19 hit. Now I'm back in the gym and still doin cardio after every workout 5x a week. I also like to walk at slow moderate speed. 2-3mph 1-3 incline.

I try not to let my heart rate get over 120 so I don't get overtrained. This way the cardio doesn't tap into my recover. I walk until I burn 200-250 cals which take about 45 minutes to an hour.

I got down to 8%bf this previous cut I just finished. Now I'm bulking and doing the same and it's helping me stay lean while putting on weight and I also feel like it helps with digestion of food.

I love it now. Still question if I should do it before or after my workouts. Also if i keep it an and incline for too long my lower back start hurting so I'll drop it for a bit and speed up walk.

I rather walk on ground than the treadmill. It just feel more natural. I don't like the feeling of running against the treadmill if that makes sense. On ground I can go at my own pace with out any pushing me back. I dunno it's just different. But it's too hot out in Florida to be walking for a hour lol. I also noticed you can walk pretty slow like 1.5mph with a 4-5 incline and burn cals pretty fast.

The only thing I don't like about too much incline is that I can feel it working my legs and I feel like that will mess with my leg recovery or overtrain them so on leg day I don't really walk with an incline since my legs are pretty worked after the workout.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear