advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How antidepressants ruin your natural...

It comes down to Nutrition.

If your not eating enough Cholesterol foods(Whole raw eggs are a great source). Your going to face Depressive episodes.

Most disease come from what you put into your mouth, If you eat too much sugar you get problems, if you dont eat enough Fats you get problems.

I can tell a difference in how i feel depending on what i eat during the day.

If i dont eat enough Saturated fats and cholesterol i feel like shit.

Eating Chicken breast and Rice all day will lead to a disaster.

In today society People are Protein and Fats deprived.

Carbs arent essential nutrients.

Protein and Fats are Essential nutrients.

I believe we wouldnt face Health Problems if people took care of what they put in their mouth, Food is medecine.

For anyone reading this thread - Do NOT stop taking your anti-depressent

Consult your doctor, discuss your goals. Sudden stopping of these types of medicines can lead to depressive/manic episodes that result in death.

yeah that's a point we need to remind those reading here - that RULE #1 never stop taking your meds cold turkey. always taper off gradually and please consult your primary care physician as to any complications in doing so.

WANTED anxiety mds doctors had me on every diff SSRI out there as none worked for extreme anxiet(shaking in oublic,raging,mood swings, very very reclusive)...I was worried about them fking uop my head and asked doc if theyd mess with my normal Seotonin levels as I told him I didnt think I was depressed and serotonin helps depression for some but that was most likely not my issue... He still insisited...THEN they started trying meds for people who had even worse mental disorders like freaking schizos!!! Thats when I took my scripts and left went to a nurse diff office and got real anti Anxiety meds thta kick ass and I only take them when Im working social settings...

O BTW I did try everything they gave me hoping to be better off but did nothing and coming off made me sick and unable to sleep for weeks

if you read anything I have posted on neuro chems you will see that this is common and happens with most drugs that I can think of. NOT just ssris.

this is super important with dopamine issues too.

these drugs make the problem worse

they may make life feel better, as long as you can keep taking them....

So would taking something like prami or caber cause issues if you are on an ssri or antipsychotic?

I take relatively low dose Prozac... I used to need it, have a family history of major depression, would start randomly start crying driving to work in the mornings etc but dont feel like that anymore so I'd like to stop

Any other good ways of boosting serotonin naturally or with supps?

yes there are.

unfortunately using any drug like that while trying to use sups is the wrong idea.

you need to stop the drug then use sups to give your body more building blocks to do its thing. taking the drug at all is counterproductive.

its hard work.

So would taking something like prami or caber cause issues if you are on an ssri or antipsychotic?

sure.

but they can also cause issues on there own.

both drugs are strong dopamine agonists and can have serious mental effects for some ppl. around here most don't even consider that aspect.

if you are taking other head medications you need to be extremely careful!

I think most ssri are overperscribed. But depression/anxiety/other disorders are not always caused by fixable stressors. Brains are hard wired differently. And in clinical depression, sometimes medications, (multiple AND high doses) are required to pull people out of the darkness. I have patients that lay in bed 16-18 hours a day, weeks on end wishing to die. Every aspect of their life is controlled, 3 hots, low stress, therapy 2-3 times per day, yet and still. They are ghosts inside.

The brain can get sick. Very sick. And medications are sometiems the only option

yeah that's a point we need to remind those reading here - that RULE #1 never stop taking your meds cold turkey. always taper off gradually and please consult your primary care physician as to any complications in doing so.

For anyone reading this thread - Do NOT stop taking your anti-depressent

Consult your doctor, discuss your goals. Sudden stopping of these types of medicines can lead to depressive/manic episodes that result in death.

I dont disagree but I've taken them pretty sporadically and not really noticed much difference... I was off of them for a solid 6 months and didnt notice much difference but got back on after a bad break up kind of pre-emptively assuming I would be in the gutter

I think most ssri are overperscribed.

I was hypothyroid and just had Dr's telling me I was depressed and she be put on an SSRI

...yeah I was tired and depressed bc I was fucking hypothyroid!:banghead:

sure.

but they can also cause issues on there own.

both drugs are strong dopamine agonists and can have serious mental effects for some ppl. around here most don't even consider that aspect.

if you are taking other head medications you need to be extremely careful!

My current psychiatrist is probably one of the smartest guys I've ever met. He was originally a cardiologist then went back to school and became an Endochronologist and now is a psychiatrist. I'm going to bring up caber and prami and get his opinion. I ran caber(Pfizer) for 7 years straight and when I went off it took about 4 months for my prolactin to come back to normal but I didn't notice any difference at all in anything while using it and while off of it which is kind of weird. I think people run too much anti-prolactins because usually in very small doses if you get blood work done your prolactin goes to zero off just "recommend" doses.

My current psychiatrist is probably one of the smartest guys I've ever met. He was originally a cardiologist then went back to school and became an Endochronologist and now is a psychiatrist. I'm going to bring up caber and prami and get his opinion. I ran caber(Pfizer) for 7 years straight and when I went off it took about 4 months for my prolactin to come back to normal but I didn't notice any difference at all in anything while using it and while off of it which is kind of weird. I think people run too much anti-prolactins because usually in very small doses if you get blood work done your prolactin goes to zero off just "recommend" doses.

that's a REALLY long time...
super bad idea. for lots of reasons, glad you were ok coming off.

caber is the most mental side effect free of those mentioned.

keep in mind this shit effect ppl VERY different.

not sure if you keep up with lots of posts but RamboStallone tried one of my suggestions regarding prami n he got total opposite effect from me.

I know I have very serious head issues which make me react very different then most ppl. some will not notice shit like this. it will depend a lot on what your troubles are.

a depressed person is very different from a true maniac. lol :eek:

I think most ssri are overperscribed. But depression/anxiety/other disorders are not always caused by fixable stressors. Brains are hard wired differently. And in clinical depression, sometimes medications, (multiple AND high doses) are required to pull people out of the darkness. I have patients that lay in bed 16-18 hours a day, weeks on end wishing to die. Every aspect of their life is controlled, 3 hots, low stress, therapy 2-3 times per day, yet and still. They are ghosts inside.

The brain can get sick. Very sick. And medications are sometiems the only option

please keep in mind that this statement is coming from a "very sick" person by dr standards... lol but....

I would be willing to be that 9 out of 10 clinically depressed patients need not much more then a serious kick in the ass, exercise, solid diet and some sort of activity in life... maybe a few supplements.

unless you are dealing with some sort of ptsd or coming out of a trauma.

so much of the mental shit is nothing more then hard fucking work n dealing with your own fucked up emotions. hard work and being accountable to yourself is very important for working with this.

im not gona say beating or curing cus if you are really crazy there is no such thing. cure, better, easy life... lol get that shit out of your head. if you head is bad, its bad for life and will be a hard job for the rest of your life to maintain it.

while depressions sucks, I find it kinda easy compared to some of the other mental challenges.:eek:

no one feels sorry for maniacs lol:D

Interesting thread here!

For those in the know...what does it mean when you take Prozac and notice absolutely no change?

Was prescribed this while going thru a divorce and even doubled up on the dose if I forgot ( I was way younger and dumber then).

I soon realised that getting a divorce just sucks and feeling shitty is normal at that time. So I got off and again, noticed nothing. From this thread, sounds like I got off easy.

Interesting thread here!

For those in the know...what does it mean when you take Prozac and notice absolutely no change?

Was prescribed this while going thru a divorce and even doubled up on the dose if I forgot ( I was way younger and dumber then).

I soon realised that getting a divorce just sucks and feeling shitty is normal at that time. So I got off and again, noticed nothing. From this thread, sounds like I got off easy.

maybe it was bunk shit....

lmao

:eek:

that's a REALLY long time...
super bad idea. for lots of reasons, glad you were ok coming off.

caber is the most mental side effect free of those mentioned.

keep in mind this shit effect ppl VERY different.

not sure if you keep up with lots of posts but RamboStallone tried one of my suggestions regarding prami n he got total opposite effect from me.

I know I have very serious head issues which make me react very different then most ppl. some will not notice shit like this. it will depend a lot on what your troubles are.

a depressed person is very different from a true maniac. lol :eek:

Yes I have borderline personality disorder her and a mood disorder as well. Lexapro, lamictal and trileptal are the stack my doctor has me on and so far for about six months it's working really well with no side effects. I haven't used caber in a long time or any other type of dopamine agonist so now that I'm on the right medication is in no my behavior pretty well I might try and add a little bit just to see if I notice any changes and if I notice anything then I'll know I need to discontinue it.

I am posting due to the mention of dopamine agonists. As LK3 stated everyone is different so any combination of drugs could cause 1 person major issues and another no issues whatsoever. As I always state on here people should never take dopamine agonists lightly. It seems many on here feel they need to jump on a DA whenever they are running a nandrolone which they definitely shouldn't be doing. I see things like they are on 300mg tren so they will jump on caber just incase prolactin rises and they never even get it tested to know. Although DA's can be very beneficial in a variety of ways so I am still a fan of them you just have to use some common sense.

It's also worth noting even if some drugs belong in the same category it doesn't mean they all interact with another category of drug in a similar manner. Many SSRI's affect dopamine in different ways . Although in general terms they usually sensitize D2 receptors but there is a lot of evidence they may overall downregulate dopamine. Chemically there shouldn't be any major issue combining an SSRI with a DA but again everyone is different. Some people may even benefit from the combination. They have even been studying recently if DA's can counteract the sexual dysfunction some experience from SSRI's.

Personally I like to use DA's sparingly at low doses and mainly for their anti-prolactin and gh boosting properties. If anyone has a serious mental disorder or past issues with alcohol/gambling etc then I definitely don't recommend experimenting with DA's. Although I say that and I used to gamble a lot but it's definitely best to be safe than sorry when recommending drugs.

Last edited:
Cliff notes on everything so far lol?

"testosterone is a fantastic antidepressant..." (around 18 seconds into video)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_f7DCp6GM&list=PL0RC5Mg69FHaUJ-b6D0RCps09TDo0qNZ0&index=3"]The good, bad, and ugly of Testosterone - Ask the Doc - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear