advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bad are antibiotics for our gut health?

TheOtherOne55

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Completely random question but i have to ask.

I have been dealing with some weird skin conditions, just family shit passed down to me, but I'm about to go on my 2nd round of antibiotics. I know the downside of this is that they completely wipe out or gut microbiome correct? Bad bacteria AND good bacteria.

In the past, I've had doctors tell me to take certain types of pre and probiotics (ones that arent killed by the antibiotic), they were expensive though. Im just a person who takes pre and pro, digestive enzymes and pays attention to my gut health, so when Im dealing with these shitty skin disorders, its basically taking 2 steps backward to cure a different thing.

Any thoughts on this?

You'll know if it has affected those beneficial bacteria if you have diarrhea. It takes me a week or more to get back to normal after a 10 day course. How long are you using it?

Dosage you're on is important too. When taking antibiotics for an infection, the dose is high and messes me up. I take a low dose of antibiotic every day though and it causes me zero problems. I take 20 mg of doxycycline 2x per day.

You'll know if it has affected those beneficial bacteria if you have diarrhea. It takes me a week or more to get back to normal after a 10 day course. How long are you using it?

Dosage you're on is important too. When taking antibiotics for an infection, the dose is high and messes me up. I take a low dose of antibiotic every day though and it causes me zero problems. I take 20 mg of doxycycline 2x per day.
And will shorten the length of the Villi.

Not sure of what your condition is but I went on antibiotics due to an accident and it completely destroyed my gut health. In the process of getting it back in line I discovered I was gluten intolerant. After eliminating gluten the diarrhea was gone along with GERD, migraines and skin rashes that I had had forever.

Not sure of what your condition is but I went on antibiotics due to an accident and it completely destroyed my gut health. In the process of getting it back in line I discovered I was gluten intolerant. After eliminating gluten the diarrhea was gone along with GERD, migraines and skin rashes that I had had forever.
Try the MMB 750.

I have been dealing with some weird skin conditions, just family shit passed down to me, but I'm about to go on my 2nd round of antibiotics. I know the downside of this is that they completely wipe out or gut microbiome correct? Bad bacteria AND good bacteria.

In the past, I've had doctors tell me to take certain types of pre and probiotics (ones that arent killed by the antibiotic), they were expensive though. Im just a person who takes pre and pro, digestive enzymes and pays attention to my gut health, so when Im dealing with these shitty skin disorders, its basically taking 2 steps backward to cure a different thing.

Any thoughts on this?
YES THEY DO THEY KILL GOOD/BAD BACTERIA! GUT HEALTH IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ITS LIKE THE SECOND BRAIN. I LEARNED ALOT LISTENING TO SUPER HUMAN RADIO WITH CARL LANORE. HE HAS A BUNCH OF EPISODES ON GUT HEALTH ON HIS WEBSITE. =)

I was diagnosed with cellulitis on my thigh last summer ...urgent care prescribed clindamycin...within 2 days I was shitting 15 times a day...my regular doctor then diagnosed C diff...it took 2 different antibiotics to kill the large intestine infection I got from the clindamycin...this all took 3 months to get better but I still don't feel right...moral of the story- never take CLINDAMYCIN...it will destroy all good but bacteria!

Modern antibiotics cause little harm to our bodies, as scientists select drugs that have minimal side effects. Of course, all people are individual, so different people will suit different antibiotics. In any case, you should consult a doctor before buying pills. I have stomach problems, and I have many over-the-counter gastrointestinal medications in my medicine cabinet, which I buy here: https://www.pillpal.to/gastrointestinal-1804. Moreover, I always carry some pills with me. Since sometimes a feeling of nausea can appear right on the street.

whaaat????
for good overall health its much better to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.
even more so if you have a legit health issue. antibiotics are lowering your natural defenses.

i think people waaaay over use antibiotics due to very poor advice like this which sadly come from dr.s or hospitals who.... profit from sick people!

our medical systems create clients not healthy humans.

to the op.
whats the exact skin condition?
id be willing to bet there is a better way to deal with this then antibiotics.

whaaat????
for good overall health its much better to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.
even more so if you have a legit health issue. antibiotics are lowering your natural defenses.

i think people waaaay over use antibiotics due to very poor advice like this which sadly come from dr.s or hospitals who.... profit from sick people!

our medical systems create clients not healthy humans.

to the op.
whats the exact skin condition?
id be willing to bet there is a better way to deal with this then antibiotics.
Spot on this is my opinion. Every person I've ever met who says they have no appetite, gut problems, "poor digestion" is loaded up on prescription medications issued by big pharma. Now a days people think if your not taking medicine your a freak of nature. When I grew up only old folks had a medicine cabinet full of pills.

On Ray Peat forum but also from some doctors, i heard that Amoxicillin and another type of antibiotic used once a year are good for our gut, because you destroy our gut Flora and when the body rebuilds it will be stronger.

Any thoughts on this?
what skin conditions I may be able to help. digestive enzymes are a WASTE. KEFIR AND SAUERKRAUT are way more potent and effective. slavic and german age old secrets. the probiotic amount in kefir dwarfs anything else. 12-14 important and unique strains. 2 spoonful of kraut is equal to one bottle of most probiotics. start apple cider vinegar dilute 2tbsp in AM diluted in water - acetic acid will help a lot. epsom salt baths with essential oils. sauna.....

also

neem oil, DGL and a few more things. berberine was one i believe. cant remember what else but run a protocol i posted on before @ last oil search neem oil . @heavyhitter can also help you a lot he has better memory than me most times and vast experience. Cloves improve digestion by stimulating enzyme secretions and increases digestive motility. Cloves are best used for easing flatulence, gastric irritability, dyspepsia, and nausea

Modern antibiotics cause little harm to our bodies, as scientists select drugs that have minimal side effects. Of course, all people are individual, so different people will suit different antibiotics. In any case, you should consult a doctor before buying pills. I have stomach problems, and I have many over-the-counter gastrointestinal medications in my medicine cabinet, which I buy here: https://www.pillpal.to/gastrointestinal-1804. Moreover, I always carry some pills with me. Since sometimes a feeling of nausea can appear right on the street.
I will pass on your opinion and your SPAM.

It took me 5 years to get my gut health back after a year treatment for lyme disease. If antibiotics are nessasary and it's a skin issue I'd go topical.

I just got off a 10 day course of Augment 875 2x daily. The bloating, indigestion and fatigue is going away daily and they definitely do some severe damage.
On pro and pre biotics 3x a day and eating Greek yogurt and garlic to get this back together.

Saccharomyces Boulardii(I take Jarrow) is what I would take year-round for gut health and overall health. The yeast cells are antibiotic resistant. To add to gut health, I really like the Zinc-L-Carnosine with L-Reuteri in Gastro Ease by Life Extension.

If I were to take a serious course of antibiotics, I would probably look into when it would be best to take a "Flamethrower" to it with a product like Rhonda Patrick recommends which comes from the original makers of VSL-3. The newer and slightly cheaper product is called Visbiome and you should get the sachets. I would consult with someone who knew about when it would be best to take in conjunction with anti-biotics (whether during or after the course).

450 Billion Per Packet.

Saccharomyces Boulardii(I take Jarrow) is what I would take year-round for gut health and overall health. The yeast cells are antibiotic resistant. To add to gut health, I really like the Zinc-L-Carnosine with L-Reuteri in Gastro Ease by Life Extension.

If I were to take a serious course of antibiotics, I would probably look into when it would be best to take a "Flamethrower" to it with a product like Rhonda Patrick recommends which comes from the original makers of VSL-3. The newer and slightly cheaper product is called Visbiome and you should get the sachets. I would consult with someone who knew about when it would be best to take in conjunction with anti-biotics (whether during or after the course).

450 Billion Per Packet.
agreed, l-reuteri is what worked for me as well, its naturally found in most kefir

I just got off a 10 day course of Augment 875 2x daily. The bloating, indigestion and fatigue is going away daily and they definitely do some severe damage.
On pro and pre biotics 3x a day and eating Greek yogurt and garlic to get this back together.
greek yogurt is obsolete bro switch to kefir an sauerkraut asap

A study i saw a few years back showed people regain their gut flora faster when they don't use probiotics. Surprised me to see that. Seems poop transplant is better!

450 Billion Per Packet.
I would add dr ohiras probiotics to the s. Bouilardii as well as slippery elm bark. And 20-30 grams of glutamine daily

On Ray Peat forum but also from some doctors, i heard that Amoxicillin and another type of antibiotic used once a year are good for our gut, because you destroy our gut Flora and when the body rebuilds it will be stronger.

doctors generally like being doctors and keep trying to be doctors. what good is it to be a dr if you have no patients? then what will you be?
the social stima of drug dealers is very ironic.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws