advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bad does this partial distal bicep tendon tear look? (Pics)

Agree with all, having had a full rupture, do not wait, if just partially torn recovery and surgery will be much easier.

Second, looking at your pics, looks like your other arm has the proximal (upper) tendon rupture? Did you have an issue with that also? I know the upper tendon when ruptures is much easier to live with and most opt to not have surgery bc of that...

i tore my right distal biceps tendon 90%. i did not have it repaired. im much leaner than you and it hardly noticeable..
Can you post a pic up of it? How long did it take to heal, did the healing process normalize it? Can you use it 100%?
On the partial tears, no real visible issue. Nothing at all from a relaxed position. Slight lump of scar tissue can be seen in the right pec when flexed, but very hard to notice. The reattached bicep is significantly shorter then the other, maybe a 1/2 inch, but a lot of degenerated tendon was removed. This is regular bicep.
Thanks for posting pics. Not too noticable at all. I'll prob have it done eventually.
Unfortunately, it gets much more pronounced as time goes by. At your age coupled with you being gym oriented and interested in BBing, DO IT. Cowboy up and "Get it fixed". Sooner is better as time goes it keeps getting shorter making recovery and re-stretching it much harder.

CG
I agree just need to wait till school is over. So in the meantime I'm going to rehab and make it look as best as I can and reevaluate wen I'm able to have surgery.
Agree with all, having had a full rupture, do not wait, if just partially torn recovery and surgery will be much easier.

Second, looking at your pics, looks like your other arm has the proximal (upper) tendon rupture? Did you have an issue with that also? I know the upper tendon when ruptures is much easier to live with and most opt to not have surgery bc of that...
Thanks partial teras they still deattach the remaining tendon and reattach so hopefully it is a smoother recovery. Never had any proximal tears my bicep insertions are very low close to the elbow, just genetics.

Wizim what's yours look like? Anyone have the surgery and didn't have a bigger gap than before the surgery? The gap seems to be pretty common post surgery.

844ffa28c3534c6cbbdcee10b7be8e41-610xh.jpg

This was about 1 year after the first surgery and 6 months after the second. I had gotten over the complications from the second surgery and was finally starting to feel normal again at this point.

The arm with the watch is the repaired one. The extra gap between forearm and biceps is obvious in this position.

844ffa28c3534c6cbbdcee10b7be8e41-610xh.jpg

This was about 1 year after the first surgery and 6 months after the second. I had gotten over the complications from the second surgery and was finally starting to feel normal again at this point.

The arm with the watch is the repaired one. The extra gap between forearm and biceps is obvious in this position.
I had mine repaired and there is a similar gap between the bicep and the forearm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity