over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How bad is this for me??

Fullybuilt

Banned
I originally planned on eating 6 meals per day on my bulking cycle(2 from shakes and 4 from whole foods) but with work and school, i've only been getting about 2 meals from whole foods and 4 from shakes. All my carbs and fats are from great source's but most my protien comes from shakes. How crucial is it to get the majority from meat?? Is this really gonna make a diff for muscle gain?

They dont let you eat in class. When I was in college a few Bros who lifted use to pull out thier contaniers of chicken and eat it in class. Some even tuna. Which sometimes was a bad idea because some classes didn't have AC in the summer.

Anyways if other students can much on M&M'S and Chips and Soda why can't you drink some water and eat some chicken.

why not..

bring some food to school? like tuna sandwiches or something :) you can have 1 good meal in the morning, 1 in the school (i.e. sandwiches), 1 straight after and 1 after workout? no?

I ahve found the problem with shakes is I get hungry in 30mins after drinking them

bring food with you.

Steak Helmet said:
I ahve found the problem with shakes is I get hungry in 30mins after drinking them

bring food with you.

yes do that

when was in school I brought my tuna with potatoes and ate that when it was the pause lol

Take the food with you, stop worrying if your going to look like a meathead over in the corner shoving food in your mouth. lol Think of it this way, is it better to drink the shakes which have protein and some nutrients or go without food until your classes are over. Instead of whole food Vs. shakes. If you can get the food to class do it and if not shake it.

I hate eating, so I think however you are getting the food down is good. I tried to rely on alot of whole food meals before and found I couldn't finish them. I didn't end up gaining a whole lot. When I replaced the meals with shakes my gains started coming again.

Don't let eating in class be a problem....

Shakes are an excellent source of protein and I use them regularly (it least 2-3 / day in off season). However, don't let eating in class be a problem because it should'nt be! Remember that you are paying to be there. I could care less what anyone thought about my eating habits in class. I used to get some good stares from others when I opened up my tupper-ware of a dozen hard boiled/ already peeled eggs. That puts off a pretty nice aroma in a classroom that many non-iron heads won't appreciate.
Maybe you won't take it that far....but I see no problem with wrapping some chicked breasts in tin foil and pulling them out to munch when it's time. Potatoes make an easy source of carbs as well. If a professor says anything or trys to give you a hard time, tell them that you are diabetic and need to eat every so often to maintain proper insulin blood sugar levels. That's a perfect line that will back them off in a hurry.
Good Luck and happy eating.

Tell your teacher you are have unstable sugar levels and have to eat every couple hours. If they ask more tell them you don't want to become a diabetic. Hey it worked with my boss :)

CROWLER

Its not so much the class issue, its more that I have a hard time eating whole food protien sources. I just can't stomach 10oz of chicken or beef 4 times a day. I will, if thats what its gonna take to put on as much muscle as possible, but my ? is, will that make a diff for muscle gains? Whole food v.s. shakes for protien? Thanks

Supplement Meals vs. Solid Food

Fullybuilt...IMO (others may disagree on here) but there is nothing better than basic protein food sources to gain quality size (chicken, lean beef, fish, eggs, etc.).
However, supplement meals such as RTD's, whey, etc. certainly need to be also be a staple food source in the diet plan for gaining size as well. Maybe I'm old school, but I think supplements are merely that.....supplements to you're diet. The majority of you're meals should come from solid foods.
If you find yourself strapped for time, try to it least get 3-4 solid food meals and 2-3 whey shakes per day.

Yah, its too hard for me to get 60-80g protien from meat sources, so maybe i'll just have like 4oz chicken(30g protien) and a 30g whey shake with it. Or maybe like 6oz steak with whey opposed to 10oz steak

Crowler said:
Tell your teacher you are have unstable sugar levels and have to eat every couple hours. If they ask more tell them you don't want to become a diabetic. Hey it worked with my boss :)

CROWLER

Ditto..I sometimes bring food to business meetings and seminars..If anyone asks I tell thenm I'm hypoglycemic and will pass out if my blood sugar getstoo low..never fails..there are no laws against eating in public places..yet:eek: but stay tuned they are banning everything else.... if we don't watch it pretty soon they will ban eating at restraunts and drinking in bars as to not offend people who are on diets or people who don't drink.....but in the meantime its ok for the food companies to put altered fats and chemicals that cause cancer and disease in our foods.. If they wont let ya eat threatin to sue em

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner