advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How big were you before you started training?

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
With the evidence of hyperplasia somewhat questionable, how big are you today than when you started lifting? I was already fairly big out of high school. I know one here said he was 140lbs. Another 160. We didn't seriously or consistently in the gym. I remember getting suspended from a game and a weeks detention bc we were rolling plates into dumbells like weight room bowling.

Or maybe you lifted for a few years, stopped and later started. I wondered about this since the how much mass would you be willing to give up thread.

I got interested in weight lifting after seeing Arnold in Predator/Commando back in the 80’s. Probably 10-12ish. Was a fat 150-160ish, ended high school at an athletic 185lbs. Trained natural to abt 205-210lbs around 26 years old. Was always envious of other guys in the gym who put in the same work as me, but were soooooo much bigger! Signed up at Ol Mick Hart’s recommended Steroid Encyclopedia and got informed then joined the dark side at 27ish. Never looked back and NO RAGRATS!

Cage

I got interested in weight lifting after seeing Arnold in Predator/Commando back in the 80’s. Probably 10-12ish. Was a fat 150-160ish, ended high school at an athletic 185lbs. Trained natural to abt 205-210lbs around 26 years old. Was always envious of other guys in the gym who put in the same work as me, but were soooooo much bigger! Signed up at Ol Mick Hart’s recommended Steroid Encyclopedia and got informed then joined the dark side at 27ish. Never looked back and NO RAGRATS!

Cage
You have built literally a lifetime of muscle. If there's an argument to be made for hyperplasia, that would be it. One guy I know in real life was always that lean, gaunt, visible abs. But he got into training and we still train on occasion. He was 135lbs. He's 240lbs now. No way in hell he's ever going back to 135. Not even 165. That can't just be all hypertrophy. I've been between 180 and 260lbs my entire adult life. I'm 240 right now. Unless I get some wasting disease, I'll never see 180 ever again. I'd have to lose every ounce and most of my muscle.

After my divorce early in my 20's, I was in a custody battle and didn't, I couldn't, eat for months. I wasted down to 122lbs. I can only assume that was all just bone. My father owned the contracts on these retirement communities and he could get Ensure at cost which was 1/10th of the shelf cost. That Ensure really helped. But that was a freak occurence. After that ordeal, I bounced back up to 200 in just a few months.

But yeah, during healthy times like now, I'm pretty steady at 220 with few exceptions.

About 180 in high school playing baseball. Started lifting in basement and eating just tuna, got down to 145 or so. Started college at that weight, started reading on boards about how you need to eat big make the scale go up so I did ..250 a year or so later. With too much fat, was strong but embarrassed looking back how I let my waist get so big. Most of my life been about 220 but wide hips so not a good look, I need to keep a low bodyfat or I look blocky and don't like the look. Dieted to get all the fat off me couple years ago and hit an all time low 171 in the am after a shit. Decided to go back up a bit, not cuz I didn't like being so lean, but I had no energy, libido, to me 2100 calories over time is starvation, no idea how anyone can go lower for a prolonged period (or needs to). Like to stay about 185 but have creeped up to 194 latley in the am... going to hold for a while. I feel most comfortable at this weight but imo look better about 10lbs less. Will never put the fat back on, when I do I'll feel palpitations sometimes at night and just not as athletic, healthy, and you get used to being lean any fat/bloat you just feel gross

I started lifting because I became overweight in college so my starting weight isn't the best comparison.

About 1.5 years in was the first time I dieted and I ended up 166lbs.

Today I'm around peak offseason weight, same body fat as first time I dieted, 278.8lbs. out of bed this morning. Will be 282-283lbs. by the time I hit the gym.

I was 14 years old and 145 lbs lol which is 2x less than I am now
Yeah, hard to deny hyperplasia occurs at that point. If it was just hypertrophy, your cells would have exploded by now just with the volumization.

Graduated HS at 163.
By 20 I was playing college baseball at around 195 with a bit of sporadic weight training during the offseason but didn't really know what I was doing other than very basic stuff.

At 24, I competed at 191
At 25, I competed at 197

Currently about 240 and in decent/good shape. I'm 5'8.

As a sophomore in high school I was 6 foot and 135 lbs. Started lifting consistently and was 185 at the same height when I graduated. I did 2 or 3 cycles with dbol or winstrol back then in the 80s. Started using steroids for real when I was 28, 10 years later. I was about a lean 205 then. Got up to a lean 235 and then had my heart attack.

I had different stages I feel like, I’ve been 6’1 since freshmen year.

Freshmen year 140lbs

Senior year 170lbs

Wrestled through the first half of college stayed around 170

Got out of shape for a while was probably around 180-200, not necessarily fat but definitely out of shape with extra pounds.

Later 20’s decided to get back in shape and was around 190 and in good shape

Started using AAS around 30 and looked better but didn’t get too huge

Added GH a couple years later and that’s where it took off, I became permanently wider and thicker. Got to around 250lbs a couple years ago, didn’t really like the look to be honest and definitely not the feel of it

At 37 right now on TRT I’m around 230 and I like this look.

Couldn’t get back down under 200 to save my life I don’t think and I wouldn’t want to anyway.

After my divorce early in my 20's, I was in a custody battle and didn't, I couldn't, eat for months. I wasted down to 122lbs. I can only assume that was all just bone. My father owned the contracts on these retirement communities and he could get Ensure at cost which was 1/10th of the shelf cost. That Ensure really helped. But that was a freak occurence. After that ordeal, I bounced back up to 200 in just a few months.

Been there…. I was drug through the mud during my custody hearings. The X knew of my AAS usage, told the courts I was manufacturing, selling, and using. It was evident I did since I was about 259lbs and shoulders as wide as the door frame at the time. Fortunately I planned ahead and got a Rx for TRT. Saved me from losing my son! After that she attacked me in my front yard then called the cops for domestic assault. Of course I was arrested and spent 1 year with monthly court hearings to prove my innocence. Ended with an 8 hour jury trial; not guilty verdict! While this was ongoing she reported me to the IRS. Soooooo I ended up being audited to the tune of $35K. Nothing worse than a scorn woman!!!!!! Never lost weight during that time. Just buried myself in the weights.

Cage

I started lifting when I was in high school. I was either 14 or 15 and I couldn't tell you my weight but I wasn't done growing in height so I realistically weighed 150ish pounds. I definitely put on size but how much at that point was due to training I cant honestly tell you because I had no idea what I was doing and was eating whatever I could find. Fast forward to 2004 at 21 years old and I weighed 178 pounds or about that. Fast forward to 2006 and 23 years old and I was 230 from the shear amount of food and working out. No gear for any of this either. Just blew through a bunch of money on shit like gakic and whatever muscletech was selling that week that was supposed to make me look yoked.

Yesterday I weighed in at 263 and I am the biggest Ive been at the leanest. Ive weighed 275 and I wasnt walking around with the muscle I have now and I was doing a lot of junk calories at that time but I look 10 pounds heavier instead of 10 pounds lighter.

Those first 50 pound of body weight were not difficult at all to put on. The next 30 has been all the effort Ive had but the more interesting thing is now my weight fluctuates much less than it used to and when the scale weight goes up, its certainly more noticeable and it is in the places I want to be.

Ive got my training and nutrition sorted out over time so no question those have been the things which have helped me the most. Ive been working on getting the strength on all my lifts up using DC and im kicking myself in the ass for not starting this sooner.

In 9th grade is when I started lifting weights for football , I was 5'11" 240lbs of gelatinous pussy repellent.
Max on bench was less than 135 , max squat was about 200 , totally untrained eating everything that I could to "get big"
Senior year I was 6'2" 256lbs , still plenty baby fat but not a fat for highschool lineman standards (probably 20%)
Max bench 360 , squat 455

This is all estimates, with memory's disservice added in, I'm sure.
Somewhere in the 170's(a little pudgy) at close to 5'10 last year of high school. Started lifting at age 19 in 1999
My largest was 248 at around 20% BF. After my first show in 2007
My largest and leanest was 212 at about 6% at 5'9 around 2009/10
I'm 215 now at around 14%

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws