over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how can i make this work?

moparfreak360

Registered
I have been training for quite a while now. I recently learned i will be getting a job soon working 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. During the 3 weeks i work i will have no gym, i have to take the job bc im jobless and its a great opportunity but i hate the fact that i will have no gym and i will lose alot of the hard work i put in......Anyone have any ideas? beyond the (do alot of pushups) advice...

Put your life ahead of your hobbies.
I mean if there's no way you can work out there's nothing you can do..right?

Yea if that's what it comes down to I guess that's right. Its not really a hobby though its my life and I hate to give it up....i was mainly looking for advice on things to possibly do to at least maintain during the 3 weeks off... Didn't know if anyone else had to deal with the same kind of stuff before

Maybe you could buy an adjustable bench, and a weight adjustable dumbell set. At least you could do presses for chest & shoulders, also lateral raises, curls for bi's, extensions for tri's, and rows for back, and shrugs for traps. and maybe do weighted lunges or squats with the dumbells. Then when you get back to the gym hit it hard.

Yes it will be offshore. Ill be 3 weeks on 3 off on a tugboat. And space is limited on them. Iv heard a few guys say some of them have a few dumbells but not much at all so ur options are limited... And I believe the hours are 6 on 6 off.

Body weight exercises... use the boat to your advantage. Pushups, crunches, dips, pullups, etc... if there is a will, there is a way

push up and pull ups kept Hershel walker looking pretty bad ass

maybe you can get those selectable dumbbells...they don't take up anymore room than a pair...with those and a place to do pull ups you should be able to do pretty good.

BANDS are your friend and I don't mean Bon Jovi, lol.

selectable dumbells is you BEST option. its one set of dumbells that can range in weight from 5 pounds to 45 pounds and those are the small ones. can't remember what the bigger ones weigh...?

second option is prolly the bands cuz easy to pac. at the least you can do alot with body weight exercises. onleg squats etc. improvise!
people in jail do it all the time.
-JS

Since you'll be in the water.. look into getting some of those water bags they use in prison (I've seen them on TV).. those are great for leg exercises. I think they can hold something like 100lb worth.. grab one or two of those and do high-rep one-leg squats and you'll be set for that. Have a partner do some partner glute-ham raises with you. For upper body.. pushups, handstand pushups, dips, inverted rows, pullups on a door frame, etc. Those can all be done in very small spaces.

Now that I think about it, you'll probably have some heavy ropes and/or chains on board.. not to mention other heavy, compact items. Take a section of the rope or chains over you shoulders/back for weighted anything.. also if you have a pair of any type of heavy equipment, you could use those for impromptu dumbbells.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131