advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How can I raise my Ferritin while lowering Crit and Hemoglobin?

I certainly did.

The best way to raise ferritin is to take 150mg iron bisglycinate once EVERY OTHER DAY. This is an evidence based strategy because studies show taking it daily is a waste because it lasts two days in the body. So six 25mg tabs All at once every other day with vitamin c (from food or a supplement). Iron bisglycinate is the best form.

Do this until your ferritin is alright again but don’t overdo it to the point you induce an iron overload because that’s really bad too.
Did you have any issues with constipation doing this NH?

to low of ferritn can cause fatigue and anxiety etc. but as long as your not having that don't be fixated on a number. whats low for someone can be low normal for another person.

yes donating does lower it but you can raise it by taking feramax or palafaer.

What about the lowering of the heart rate ? no problem there ? i already have a pretty low heart rate on 1,25mg
Well then it's likely not for you. I have a low heart rate too, at 60-65 but nebivolol doesnt do much in this regards. I went up to 15mg and had a rhr of 60.

low ferritin with other iron numbers in range is called iron deficiency without anemia. Less than optimal ferritin levels can cause huge issues for some… hair loss, extreme fatigue, depression, body aches, high heart rate, lack of cardiovascular fitness and the list goes on. If you have no symptoms then great but if you do getting the ferritin up is important to those that are sensitive to low ferritin. For many 100 plus is optimal number.

low ferritin with other iron numbers in range is called iron deficiency without anemia. Less than optimal ferritin levels can cause huge issues for some… hair loss, extreme fatigue, depression, body aches, high heart rate, lack of cardiovascular fitness and the list goes on. If you have no symptoms then great but if you do getting the ferritin up is important to those that are sensitive to low ferritin. For many 100 plus is optimal number.
This is exactly what I am going through now. My symptoms are high heart rate, anxiety, body ache and depression. Oddly I haven’t donated in 7 months and my ferritin is still a little low. I had this issue in the past form donating too frequently. I started iron bisglycinate a couple of weeks ago. Prior to the last donation I was donating every 4 months. Clearly not enough time in between donations to get my ferritin back up

I ended up needing iron infusions to get my ferritin up. Life changing for ME.

Glad it worked out for you. The symptoms suck!
What was your ferritin level when you first noticed you had an issue?
How long did you try the oral route before going to IV (iron infusion)?
How much (if any) were you able to raise your level through oral route?

It took me finally pulling my own ferritin levels after years of feeling bad. Docs only my pulled standard iron. My ferritin was at 8. Oral iron did nothing after 7 months. Via infusions was able to get as high as 183. Felt best over 150 so doc tries to keep me there.

Typically low ferritin results in low rbc/crit. A friend of mine has this issue and that will generally make people feel like crap, fatigue and problems. Not so much ferritin but inability to make enough red blood cells results in the symptoms.

The general case of steroid use raising rbc/crit and lowering ferritin basically isn't an issue. That iron/ferritin is being put to work and stored in blood form. Other than potential issues from high rbc/crit they shouldn't have symptoms from ferritin because it has done it's job in raising/maintaining rbc. Providing everything comes back into balance and a body is normal it should be fine.

My guess is some of you guys have an issue similar to my friend with iron/ferritin and any blood draws will exacerbate it. Per some guidance above I'd get that looked at and monitor. That said, these issues are distinctly different from high rbc/crit and lower ferritin typically seen.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws