YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How can knowing about the Pros training, diet and drugs actually Help us?

desibaba

Banned
A lot of people are obsessed with knowing what a top Mr O competitor might take as his steroid/GH stack, What his training routine is like and what he eats on a day to day basis. When I was 16 and read Flex and Muscle & Fitness I tried to copy their routines set for set rep for rep. Obviously over the years I learnt that isnt helping me.

I mean look at someone like Phil Heath. He could get trained by my grandmother and still be Mr Olympia as long as he takes some test and GH.

So how come people get so obsessed with knowing what someone takes drugwise? If you know what Phil Heath did in the gym 100 percent, you knew EXACTLY what he ate and you know his exact drug regimen how can it benefit you (someone with average genetics) in any way, shape or form?

A lot of people are obsessed with knowing what a top Mr O competitor might take as his steroid/GH stack, What his training routine is like and what he eats on a day to day basis. When I was 16 and read Flex and Muscle & Fitness I tried to copy their routines set for set rep for rep. Obviously over the years I learnt that isnt helping me.

I mean look at someone like Phil Heath. He could get trained by my grandmother and still be Mr Olympia as long as he takes some test and GH.

So how come people get so obsessed with knowing what someone takes drugwise? If you know what Phil Heath did in the gym 100 percent, you knew EXACTLY what he ate and you know his exact drug regimen how can it benefit you (someone with average genetics) in any way, shape or form?

Well from Phil 's last diet video posted here last week we know that he mainly gets his test and gh from his red meat. Lol.

Seriously though. I know what ur saying. I think those u speak of are young and they eventual figure it out that copying mr O's routine ain't gonna make them mr O.

I think those u speak of are young and they eventual figure it out that copying mr O's routine ain't gonna make them mr O.

I dont think its just the kids. Even the guys here want to know what all the Pros take. Honestly I dont think its that different from what we take. I seriously doubt they are all on 13 grams of gear a week like Bostin Loyd claims :banghead:

I dont think its just the kids. Even the guys here want to know what all the Pros take. Honestly I dont think its that different from what we take. I seriously doubt they are all on 13 grams of gear a week like Bostin Loyd claims :banghead:

Good point. Even if I knew EXACTLY what Phil/Ronnie/Arnold etc took , and knew their exact diet ( kcals, foods, macros etc), training regimen, sleeping regimen, and any other contributing factor , it wouldn't do me any good, and I KNOW that , of course that took some maturing but I remember as a kid doing some of the stupidest things thinking it would get me the best results and somehow be the "magic trick" whether it was searching and reading the magazines/internet for the best training routine or diet to even small things such as what creatine or protein powder LOL!! It truely makes me laugh at how silly I was. I know that the previous people mentioned above have superior genetics and superior muscle insertions, the only thing it would make for is an interesting fact/knowledge about them.

Same thing goes for pretty much any sport, you can copy them 100% but that doesn't mean you will perform like them. It's silly to think otherwise.

You combine that and with all these deaths of even good Pros dropping lately and I find myself wondering if its worthwhile for a guy who has average genetics to dedicate so much money on AAS and heavy doses of GH and risk his health for it.

yes but you also have to look at it as following "guru" advice or a guideline. Each person is different, but have some sort of foundational knowledge, say just X amount of g per week of gear, and X amount of protein per meal does genuinely help, because you can then adapt the regiment to your body.

monkey see monkey do is never the answer, but following a teacher and their practice is (so long as you understand WHY)

Well from Phil 's last diet video posted here last week we know that he mainly gets his test and gh from his red meat. Lol.

Seriously though. I know what ur saying. I think those u speak of are young and they eventual figure it out that copying mr O's routine ain't gonna make them mr O.

Phil was natural... um maybe not, I know for sure he took Foli back then

I remember as a kid doing some of the stupidest things thinking it would get me the best results and somehow be the "magic trick" whether it was searching and reading the magazines/internet for the best training routine or diet to even small things such as what creatine or protein powder LOL

I remember copying Lee Priest's entire workout routine and trying to follow it. As a 16 year old who didnt eat a lot and did 25 sets for biceps I couldnt curl a spoon to my mouth the next day. MuscleTech ads were huge back then and I remember arguing with my friends how much better Cell Tech and Nitro Tech were to regular Creatine and Whey Protein :naughty:

You guys would probably be amazed at how a lot of people on this forum train just as hard as the pros if not harder.

Make no mistake professionals train extremely hard. Having said that professional bodybuilding is their lifestyle. It does not make it any easier for them however they plan there "work day" around training, eating, napping, and trying to make some side money with sponsorships. Most of us have different jobs, hours, family life, etc. they literally make the time to do everything right and not fit it in like the majority of us do.

Again they train hard and it's a very hard lifestyle. It's just that for them though 24/7. Take in the genetics and "supplements" they use and it all accumulates into what they achieve. The pros don't have any secrets. They sacrifice their lives for their goals. The same as any one of us that works overtime to get a promotion.

What could we learn fro them ? Probably not nearly as much as we can from people that are leading similar lives such as the members on this forum.

We all would like to know. Its just part of human nature. But I'm not convinved that they train any harder than a lot of us. For example, I've seen several videos of Big Ramy training and to tell you the truth none of them show the guy really pushing it or using a heavy amount of weight. Not saying you need to use the kind of weight that Ronnie Coleman handled, but one showed him using 180 lbs on a hammer press machine and he appeared to be struggling a bit. I mean c'mon a 300 pound man struggling to press 180? Are they just trying to keep his training methods a secret or is this actually the new way to pack on mega amount of muscle mass nowadays? Anyways, I'm a facebook friend of Dennis James and brought it up to him recently. He actually told me that he would train me with even less weight and make me cry. So there you go! Train with super light weight until you cry and you too can be a mass monster! I can't wait to ask him what his drug protocol is? Probably just some creatine and bcaa's ;)

Make some realize this sport is mainly genetics. obviously we know that. But some think they can drug their way to a pro stage...lol

fitnesskatz

i think its stupid and most of all a marketing scam for selling magazines,,,that is how they promote the pros workouts, diet, etc,,,one thing all these katz have in common outside of being big as fuck is that they all move alot of weight,,,which is a really common sense principle a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle now if you catch some these katz at guess posing and fitness expo's they will occasionally share few tricks but thats few and far between

I think the pro's training routines in Flex are total bullshit and that none of them trains like it's written in Flex articles

I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh at what I'm reading. So were all members of a bodybuilding forum/community but, rarely do I see any respect shown to the sport. The condescending know it all attitude on here is going too far. The vast majority of you wouldn't last one week with a top tier bodybuilder when it comes to any aspect. If these are the common views that bodybuilding fans have then I don't see the sport growing. Your negative views on the sport are just defense mechanisms becsuse when its just you and the mirror you know you don't have what it takes to be a pro mentally or physically but, ill play along I'm sure we can all put these pros to shame in the gym especially Phill heath.;)

I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh at what I'm reading. So were all members of a bodybuilding forum/community but, rarely do I see any respect shown to the sport. The condescending know it all attitude on here is going too far. The vast majority of you wouldn't last one week with a top tier bodybuilder when it comes to any aspect. If these are the common views that bodybuilding fans have then I don't see the sport growing. Your negative views on the sport are just defense mechanisms becsuse when its just you and the mirror you know you don't have what it takes to be a pro mentally or physically but, ill play along I'm sure we can all put these pros to shame in the gym especially Phill heath.;)

Not sure whom u referring to but my views are not negative my point is they arnt going to share there real cycles diet workout and myself I have made it very clear I'm living my goal I'm a strength and conditioning coach at college who enjoys competeing with intentions to win not being smartass jus being clear

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

It can't, and no one will argue otherwise. It's just fun to read about, that's all.

In general.....You gonna listen to somebody bigger than you or smaller than you???

Personally i could careless about the pro's/ or anyone's AAS use. But what i do take away from some pro's/trainers is training tips and dieting tips.. i try them to see how they work for me. I think BB is a personalized sport so for each person training, dieting and AAS use works differently for each person...

In general.....You gonna listen to somebody bigger than you or smaller than you???

The pros themselves take advice from guys like Hany Rambod, Chris Aceto and Chad Nicholls.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear