over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How come nobody warned me about all the aches and pains

Thanks guys... when I woke up today I was already thinking of excuses not to go lift today and then I read this and said fuck it. Legs it is. Pop a few Advil, have my breakfast and coffee and get my kid ready to go with me. That was goinvro be my excuse not to go, but my daughter loves going there to the babysitting place there so I really have no excuse. The other question I thought of is would being off deca for 5 weeks now maybe make a little difference in why my joints feel a little whacky and sore? I was off Everything except the few times I did some tren spray preworkout. Just took my first shot of test Cyp on Sunday. I would assume my numbers were probably real low and could attribute to how I feel but I don't think it would have anything to do wtcmy joint pain in my shoulder?? Just thinking out loud. Thanks for the replies thus far I appreciate it

If you want to keep your shoulders/rotator cuffs healthy....DONT do barbell bench presses. My shoulders stay a lot more pain free when I use Hammer Strength wide-grip bench press and incline press machines. I tend to get better chest development from those machines too.

im 47 and just learned a few years ago to NOT do stuff that hurts. i see dudes doing x, so i wanna do x. then i get hurt and i knew i would but godam, i WANTED to do it. now? fuck it
i know exactly what i can and can't do. no squats,deads,or flat bench. ever.
there's lots more exercises u can do and get great results, ive found. and now i dont wake up and worry if i get up too fast what's gonna break.
or think about how the exercise im doing at the gym is gonna make my shoulder hurt for a week .

wow lots of tough love here...
omega 3 and krill oil are magic for joint pain , plus all the other health benefits of eEFA's. Try bromelain a naturally anti-inflammatory no more than 3000 gdu's a day, helps with digestion as well as reducing fibrinogen (blood clotting).
Avoid the advil, it can sneak up on you as "it's safe and OTC" but before you know it your popping a gram a day or more.
massage
foam rolling
ice
heat
tens
massage cupping
ART
etc.
DON'T go all the way down on chest presses or shoulder presses, a trick I learned from Dusty Hanshaw, stop and inch or 2 short going all the way down really hyper extends the delts and leads to pain and more muscle damage.
My most challenging thing is warming up
I use sweet sweat and Kwan Loong Oil on my knees elbows wrists delts low back neck hell you name it...then cover up and
after 8 minutes HIT cardio and l do some light exercises and stretching for the body parts trained- hyper extensive stretches aka see (doggcrapp training stretches) really help at the end of the work out as well.
L citrulline or malate really heps the pump and blood flow and gets the endorphins going.

About 10 years ago I think I created a very small deep tear in my left rotator cuff, tried every thing DMSO ibuprofen heat ice ART ...the only thing that worked was rest... I still trained chest and shoulders but only with the right arm all smith machine training and didn't lose an ounce of size on the untrained "injured" delt, a little fullness and muscle tone but nowhere near what I thought it would be.

Train as heavy as you can comfortably on average with good form but use TUT, it can make 300 lbs feel like 400 lbs and really save your joints.

Chronic muscle pain is a common problem in many of us who have bombed and blitzed for years but we find ways around it to still train and enjoy the gains.

Last edited:
Went heavy legs today and I did try doing bicep and tricep. I did the bicep curl on machine, arm curl on machine, rope tricep pulldowns and another machine for triceps and felt good. Didn't do any crazy weight but I was very happy and time flew by, ended up there over a hour and a half. Went home and iced my left shoulder for 20 minutes and everything feels good!!

Went heavy legs today and I did try doing bicep and tricep. I did the bicep curl on machine, arm curl on machine, rope tricep pulldowns and another machine for triceps and felt good. Didn't do any crazy weight but I was very happy and time flew by, ended up there over a hour and a half. Went home and iced my left shoulder for 20 minutes and everything feels good!!

Great news ra. Try taking a Epsom salt bath also really helps. Also not sure if your on this diet already but a ketogenic diet really changed my life for inflammation and health. My blood work honestly never looked better too.

Great news ra. Try taking a Epsom salt bath also really helps. Also not sure if your on this diet already but a ketogenic diet really changed my life for inflammation and health. My blood work honestly never looked better too.

I only vaguely know of the keto diet in principle. Right now till the end of July I'm trying to gain a few more pounds and then start cutting in Late July. I'm probably going to have to change up my diet too closer to the show I'm late July early August. I may look into it then if it's s good diet for cutting. Is that a good diet to do several months before a show?

I only vaguely know of the keto diet in principle. Right now till the end of July I'm trying to gain a few more pounds and then start cutting in Late July. I'm probably going to have to change up my diet too closer to the show I'm late July early August. I may look into it then if it's s good diet for cutting. Is that a good diet to do several months before a show?
If your working with a coach I would ask him or her on the diet to your show. I was commenting on the main top of your post of aches and pain and responding how keto really works on that as far as diet can make a big change in inflammation and health in ones body.

No coach... doing this one on my own for the most part. It was either a coach or using that money for a family vacation. I chose the latter, however it will be fun to see how I go about this thru November. In the winter I will get a coach for contest prep but this should be a growing experience for me doing it on my own.

My body aches and I have used good form 90-95% of the time. I've been training for almost 30 years. Couple that with years of playing sports(basketball and boxing) when I was younger. Shit just hurts for no damn reason!:D

A FERRARI thst is driven hard and often with the best maintenance will where out and break sooner. I started lifting 44 years ago. Things have hurt for decades. Many movements bb'ers do are unnatural such as benching overhead lifts behind the neck anything. I find it humorous that people are surprised and disappointed to get injured when they are pushing their bodies beyond what they have ever done.

No coach... doing this one on my own for the most part. It was either a coach or using that money for a family vacation. I chose the latter, however it will be fun to see how I go about this thru November. In the winter I will get a coach for contest prep but this should be a growing experience for me doing it on my own.

I respect that seriously and hope you get your log going again. I'm pulling for you man. If you do decide to a ketogentic diet Its a a bit complicated and there has to be adjustments along the way like any type of diet.
The main thing I'm thing I'm thinking about after reading this thread is inflammation that's going on with you.https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-22607/11-food-rules-for-the-ultimate-anti-inflammatory-diet.html just like any injury which I can see your trying to do is work around them. Be really careful with that shoulder if I was you I wouldn't be even working my upper body if I was you. Also you might want to consider putting off your show until its ok. Over the years I've seen a lot of people get hurt dieting down so if you already have a injury in that shoulder and working out and dieting just understand you can be walking into a worse situation for your self.

Last edited:
I respect that seriously and hope you get your log going again. I'm pulling for you man. If you do decide to a ketogentic diet Its a a bit complicated and there has to be adjustments along the way like any type of diet.
The main thing I'm thing I'm thinking about after reading this thread is inflammation that's going on with you.https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-22607/11-food-rules-for-the-ultimate-anti-inflammatory-diet.html just like any injury which I can see your trying to do is work around them. Be really careful with that shoulder if I was you I wouldn't be even working my upper body if I was you. Also you might want to consider putting off your show until its ok. Over the years I've seen a lot of people get hurt dieting down so if you already have a injury in that shoulder and working out and dieting just understand you can be walking into a worse situation for your self.
I understand and even agree with you on maybe postponing but I just couldn't do it. I have already been working on this for almost a year now. I can't quit now, I know myself and if I did stop to fully recoup the shoulder something would come up, delay it more, and keep pushing the time frame back.Id rather grind it out see how I feel and if I can continue and make a few more runs that's good, but if I did ok and I don't feel like I can give it another go competitive wise I will be happy that I tried and gave it my best. Right now I have the most free time in my life that I think I'll ever have until I'm in my 60s. I'm freshly retired, 41 and just going back to school and finishing in the winter. At some point next year I'm going to work again in the health and fitness field and I won't have as much time as I know it takes to do this. So my reasoning and my desire to do it sooner rather than later is due to time. Presently I have a lot of free time, a year from now probably not. I am going to look into that diet and research it. If I don't incorporate now I will give it a try after contest

I understand and even agree with you on maybe postponing but I just couldn't do it. I have already been working on this for almost a year now. I can't quit now, I know myself and if I did stop to fully recoup the shoulder something would come up, delay it more, and keep pushing the time frame back.Id rather grind it out see how I feel and if I can continue and make a few more runs that's good, but if I did ok and I don't feel like I can give it another go competitive wise I will be happy that I tried and gave it my best. Right now I have the most free time in my life that I think I'll ever have until I'm in my 60s. I'm freshly retired, 41 and just going back to school and finishing in the winter. At some point next year I'm going to work again in the health and fitness field and I won't have as much time as I know it takes to do this. So my reasoning and my desire to do it sooner rather than later is due to time. Presently I have a lot of free time, a year from now probably not. I am going to look into that diet and research it. If I don't incorporate now I will give it a try after contest

Fully understand man. Update when you can

Injuries

When I know that am over doing it I switch to pre exhaustion movements then hit double joint movements thus hitting deeper fibers without pushing heavier weights. But aches and pains are part of the game. Been at it 40 years already.

Didn't read the whole thread but tb500 did wonders for my joint pain... even winny and 1mg adex ed stopped bothering me. Definitely a cheap and easy fix. Aches and pains can obviously be a whole slew of issues but I know it's worked for several.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear