over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How come nobody warned me about all the aches and pains

RetiredArmy0513

Registered
This is meant to be lighthearted but serious. Since I have become serious about this I have been getting a lot more body aches, shoulder pains, back pains, etc. Rhe most recent one is my left shoulder. His is supposed to be my good shoulder. I tweaked something in it, kind of hurts when I rotate it but not rotator cuff.. I believe it's my AC joint. Had to shir it down for 3 days and totally rethink my exercise routine. For now I think I'm going all machines so I can really focus on the body part I'm working on and not stress my shoulders too much. The part I am a little in the dark on is how long do I give it? Was thinking about getting a cortisone shot in a couple weeks and then try some gh and see if that works at least until November. I'm always tired... I can't even make it past 1030 on most nights. I get obsessed with my exercises and if I'm not in the gym for over 3 days I start freaking out and getting stressed. Part of it is this relieves my stress and I get pissed when I can't do it. This really does take a lot out of you and I've only been doing seriously for a year now. How do you guys cope with nagging injuries and keep training and try to grow for a show or just getting in the gym on a regular when your body is telling you to go fuck yourself?
Thanks for reading my rant and questions

Grandma used to say: Everything comes at a price

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be getting aches and pains if you're using proper form. I'm coming up on 20 years of lifting and don't have them

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be getting aches and pains if you're using proper form. I'm coming up on 20 years of lifting and don't have them

My shoulders are my biggest concern.. 1 is reconstructed from a gunshot wound the other was dislocated back in 2010 in a rollover. I have babied then since and Tuesday I was doing chest and did some pretty heavy weight for me.. felt fine and 3 or 4 hours later my left shoulder started getting stiff and not being able to move it around as well and a little pain. Now it's a little better but it feels like something's still not quite right. I'm convinced I over did it on the barbell bench and after the adrenaline wore off I started to feel it.

That's not true at all. Everyone is built differently. Some will get aches and pains as they get older even if they never step foot in a gym. But sure if you use proper form you will minimize the chances. Guys who lift lighter will also minimize the chances of injury. Then comes avoiding exercises that don't suit you. But anyone who trains with extreme intensity (or at all) is at risk of injury. My lower back is ruined but thankfully the rest of me is gtg :)

This is meant to be lighthearted but serious. Since I have become serious about this I have been getting a lot more body aches, shoulder pains, back pains, etc. Rhe most recent one is my left shoulder. His is supposed to be my good shoulder. I tweaked something in it, kind of hurts when I rotate it but not rotator cuff.. I believe it's my AC joint. Had to shir it down for 3 days and totally rethink my exercise routine. For now I think I'm going all machines so I can really focus on the body part I'm working on and not stress my shoulders too much. The part I am a little in the dark on is how long do I give it? Was thinking about getting a cortisone shot in a couple weeks and then try some gh and see if that works at least until November. I'm always tired... I can't even make it past 1030 on most nights. I get obsessed with my exercises and if I'm not in the gym for over 3 days I start freaking out and getting stressed. Part of it is this relieves my stress and I get pissed when I can't do it. This really does take a lot out of you and I've only been doing seriously for a year now. How do you guys cope with nagging injuries and keep training and try to grow for a show or just getting in the gym on a regular when your body is telling you to go fuck yourself?

Don't rush things. Every injury is different and requires different recovery time. You haven't been training seriously that long. I imagine after 15 years of serious training you will simply know how long something will take :D Most of us do exactly the same as you and we can usually tell if it will be 2-3 days, 6 days or in some cases perhaps 2 weeks. I literally know the exact recovery time because the same injuries tend to come back time and time again :eek:

Simply give it enough time to heal and don't rush things. I would just blast your legs for now. Obviously over time you also learn what exercises suit you best. I pretty much know what to avoid but sometimes even though you know that you still do them and usually suffer for it :eek: Sticking to machines is a great method especially for problematic body parts. Good luck with your recovery :)

Well I've been at it for 30 years and I ache all over. My form is flawless. Give it 10 more years and then report back. Hahaha:D

Yeh what JJ said - if you think you are "aching" and "paining" now - wait until you are mid 40's and feel like you have been raped by herd of widebeasts every morning....

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!

seriously!!!!! GO......

:cool:

There is no such thing as "proper" form....everyone's mind muscle connection is different. I spent years doing the whole proper form thing and didn't grow an inch....I then switched up and started blasting the weight as fast as I could on the positive and slow on the negative and started to finally get a mind muscle connection and I started to grow...almost like the way Branch Warren tosses the weight up and down real fast.

As far as aches and pains thats just par for the course....almost 40 now and everything aches especially if I push the gear and force some growth. Joints and tendons were designed to support a specific weight on every individual....push that weight up whether it be fat or muscle and the joints and tendons will start to ache.

Don't do certain exercises because you "have to do" them. Bench press is a staple for many, I never do bench presses cause my neck hurts and i feel it in my RC way too much. Tried tweaking my form but it just doesnt feel right. I stick with cables, flies and machines. My chest is one of my best body parts.

I do feel where you're coming from, the whole "i get stressed out when i cant train". I feel guilty and shitty too when i stray from diet or miss a workout. But i kind of find comfort in the idea of rather living a happy full life and not be 100% all the time, than being a gym rat with no social life.

You can build a great physique and have a few drinks at the beach sometimes. It's all about priorities. What life do you want to live?

Yeh what JJ said - if you think you are "aching" and "paining" now - wait until you are mid 40's and feel like you have been raped by herd of widebeasts every morning....

Fuck me

Who knew moving a ton of weight till failure and pushing there muscles to the extremes will end up in some aches and pains?

I've never suffered a serious injury, always lift with good form, stretch and everything else.

Just woke up. Can't think of a single part of my body that doesn't hurt right now.

Will have to take a hot shower and start moving around so pain subsides a bit and I can function like a normal human being.

My shoulders are my biggest concern.. 1 is reconstructed from a gunshot wound the other was dislocated back in 2010 in a rollover. I have babied then since and Tuesday I was doing chest and did some pretty heavy weight for me.. felt fine and 3 or 4 hours later my left shoulder started getting stiff and not being able to move it around as well and a little pain. Now it's a little better but it feels like something's still not quite right. I'm convinced I over did it on the barbell bench and after the adrenaline wore off I started to feel it.
When you internally rotate your arm you close the sub- acromian space. avoid moves which does this untill your pain subsides.

Stop doing overhead press

do front side delts after chest

do side and rear and back

side gets hit twice

hit them hard about 15 min each time.

cables ,dumbbells, barbells. variations are endless .

There are soooooo many variation.you cant get bored.

no i am not asking u to train light weight . go heavy and hard.

front delts are fried are chest so what u do is plenty

same with rear and side delts.

This way u get to gob done without pounding a lot of wt and grinding your joiny structures and soft tissues .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

as u mention you have already had significant injury/surgery to them you dont want more damage.

once you pain subsides give this a try for 3 months. your delts will improve without causing any further damage.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

How do you guys cope with nagging injuries and keep training and try to grow for a show or just getting in the gym on a regular when your body is telling you to go fuck yourself?

Advil
Elbow Sleeves
Wrists wraps
Knee Wraps
DMSO ( works great on Elbow Tendons for me )
Plus I don't lift heavy anymore, torn pec years ago that still hurts to this day
Easy to get to the gym, even though I ache and feel like shit some days being 47, I still feel better than not going to the gym

Bro, I have the exact same issues! Since I do various surgical procedures on a daily basis, including numerous shoulder repairs, it makes it even harder to deal with mentally!
Most weight lifters end up with bone spurs on our distal clavicle or
A/C joint causing our tendons (cuffs) to rub against it making it seem like someone is jabbing a spinal needle in and out of joint and twisting it back and forth! I go through that often when I piss off the shoulder!
Sometimes a simple shaving down that spur is all that's needed! However, if you rest it and yes try a cortisone injection, you should be ok- provided there's no major cuff tears or labral tears??
Go light, stay away from movements that hurts or starts to piss it off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am all too familiar with this, and THANK YOU TENNY for telling the guy to get the fuck outta here with his shitty comment about proper form/no pain. F that, I have used proper form for years, my body just ACHES....it has to do with genetics, inflammatory proteins in the body, leverage angles of joints, etc.

DMSO sure does help....I suggest getting pharmaceutical grade and adding one drop of some safe/pure/organic essential oil per 20-30ml of DMSO. I prefer basil, mandarin orange, or lavender. Even the pharm grade has a distinct smell to it that is off putting to your significant other (if you have one). I don't mind it on myself personally but it is a distinct smell (I have heard "sour milk stuff" from my gf a few times :rolleyes: )

Also what really helps is curcumin, intramuscular. This is literally a god send to me. I couldn't train without it (for years I had to back off volume and intensity regularly to allow joints to heal from inflammation).

Also, dunno if you WANT to hear this, but restricting your AAS dose helps a lot with inflammation. Less test/synthetic anabolics really helps your body stay in a relatively un-inflammed state.....dunno if you WANT to read that though :p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear