advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How come there has never been another Arnold?

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
He's the only BB who crossed over into mainstream. And the 2nd most famous BB Lou, became famous only because he was Arnold's Foil. I'd argue if not for Arnold he would not have made the radar to be cast as the Incredible Hulk.

All the other great body builders are completely unknown to the public. Every other sport has multiple, multi-generational stars. BB has Arnold. Who may be a bigger star than them all to boot.

Nobody IMO. Their builds were much more pleasing/ attainable to the crowds than the freaks of today.

There is a reason for that saying- "One of a kind".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Arnold's personality has been unmatched by any other IFBB. He has this kind of charisma and like-ability to him that isn't common in 99% of people. Just so happened he was a bodybuilder as well.

And I really like Dennis Wolf, but seeing him try to get an acting gig in generation iron made me cringe so hard :banghead:

As with a lot of things.......personality......drive.....time related social acceptance.....connections in (whatever) the world you wish...and quite frankly, luck.
I'm a nobody and everything I have is because of drive and luck, and I have a decent business and living. He saw his openings and knew how to exploit them. He made the most of what America can provide.

Both Arnold and Richard Kiel (jaws from bond movies) were casted to play the Hulk but Arnold was to short and Kiel not muscular enough.
Well according to wiki.

But the reason for no other Arnold is the same reason for only one "The Rock" in wrestling ( crossover movie star). Charisma and that certain quality only so many people possess.

As a side not any of the current freaks are to short and to cumbersome to be believable in any action hero role.

i think ppl overprice the rock too..i dont really like him...

But my wife and kids know who he is. And they know Arnold. That's cross over.

i think ppl overprice the rock too..i dont really like him...

You might not like him, but you're definitely the minority. He has got to be one of the most popular stars out there right now. Who else comes to mind for the masculine action hero role?

how come there has never been another zyzz?:confused:

:eek: go up to 10 people on the street and ask em who the fck zyzz is. Then ask em who Arnold is....see what happens

Want to know the truth?

Most bodybuilders are ugly motherfuckers. Arnold had a pretty boy look. I mean look at his face! That combined with being 6'1"(or 2"), having a "flat" shredded stomach, having a funny accent and being barely speak English "properly", and topped with blue eyes...BAM! You got yourself a rock star!

arnold-schwarzenegger-chest-workout-routine.jpg

Want to know the truth?

Most bodybuilders are ugly motherfuckers. Arnold had a pretty boy look. I mean look at his face! That combined with being 6'1"(or 2"), having a "flat" shredded stomach, having a funny accent and being barely speak English "properly", and topped with blue eyes...BAM! You got yourself a rock star!

arnold-schwarzenegger-chest-workout-routine.jpg

Dude was a strait pp,,,pussy pullet

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Also, as previously mentioned, timing played a big factor in his success. I think if Arnold were to just be starting out now he wouldn't be the standout actor or novelty that he was back then. Arnold was the "perfect storm" so to speak to become the biggest action hero and most popular bodybuilder of all-time.

He had the work ethic, attitude, determination, physical stature and looks, accent, background, uniqueness, charisma, intelligence, and novelty factor among other attributes that contributed to his success.

Couple his attributes with the era in which he came up and you can see why he rose to the stardom he did. Although bodybuilding isn't considered mainstream today, it was even much more of a novelty or unknown sport or activity back then. Arnold and his fellow bodybuilders stood out even more back then because quite simply there were a lot fewer muscular bodies seen by the mainstream public when compared to today with the juiced wrestlers, athletes, actors, and a society which puts a greater emphasis on physical appearance including non-competitive bodybuilders and gym-goers.

Physique-wise Arnold would not be the novelty or as outstanding today as he was back then so he would lose part of his "wow factor".

I'm not saying Arnold wouldn't be successful but he probably wouldn't be able to reach the same level of stardom with today's society which has "seen it all" already. I'm just speaking of his career outside of bodybuilding. Physique-wise it's hard to say how successful he would be in bodybuilding today with a lot more competitors, and judging standards.

It is a testament to his greatness though that we are still discussing him now many years since he competed and he is still considered by many to be the greatest bodybuilder and action movie actor of all time!

I had to google zzyz I thought it might have been a nickname of someone relavent. I think Rock comes the closest but I think Arnold had the advantage of being one of the first true widespread publicly known freaks. He made a small sub culture larger. Plus he could take on an army and somehow not get shot. All while managing to kill everyone. He rode that until it got old and then rode it a little longer. Plus now everyone sees a big dude and thinks steroids and dismisses them.

You might not like him, but you're definitely the minority. He has got to be one of the most popular stars out there right now. Who else comes to mind for the masculine action hero role?

...sylvester. nothing like the expendables.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_%282010_film%29"]The Expendables (2010 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Attachments

• sylvester stallone.jpg
    sylvester stallone.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 504

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member