advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How dangerous is high cholesterol really?

Here is an article showing the numbers can be corrected rather quickly.

He's trolling.

This guys has to be either
1. A fucking troll
2. An 8 year old kid that got on someone's account
3. The stupidest human EVER!

take your pick 1-3.
4: all of the above

Is a scan really necessary though? From what I understand, if I don't have chest pain it would mean my heart is still fine? If I did have some blockage, but there were no symptoms, then it doesn't really matter right?
You sound like such a meat head

This guys has to be either
1. A fucking troll
2. An 8 year old kid that got on someone's account
3. The stupidest human EVER!

take your pick 1-3.

a note on trolls.
there is an actual official document out there that has to do with wada and le. i dont rememebr if i posted this before. but its like a power point presentation about how le works with these other groups to infiltrate places. they specifically mention pm. they specifically talk about how ppl should set up accounts and try to get in with the comunity. become "bros" and build relationships.

while i am sure there are examples here that have been here for many years and ppl think they are legit. these new dudes who show up with good gramer and legthly posts.

fucking fishier then a 25 cent crack whore after a long weekend.

Not a troll. Actually because of the flaming here I got a medical checkup and averted a disaster, check my other thread

Not a troll. Actually because of the flaming here I got a medical checkup and averted a disaster, check my other thread

Yeah just saw you other thread. Assuming this is all legit that level of cholesterol is very dangerous. It's also should not be used as a single metric and I get opinions vary but every doc will tell you with a bottomed out HDL and sky high LDL you will accrue plaque.

After hearing it, all the research I did (plus the best man in my wedding is a cardiologist and he agreed) that you will almost be guaranteed to not accrue plaque if your LDL is under 80 and especially 70. Now of course there are many factors that contribute overall we all agree you should be monitoring BG, inflammation, etc. but I'd still stand by the fact you will not accrue plaque if your LDL is under 80 and with the right meds and supplements you can reduce plaque buildup.

My latest cholesterol reading is

61.48 HDL
150.8 LDL
23.3 triglycerides

Damn.. how do I get to 80 LDL, need to blast more fibre and omegas 3

61.48 HDL
150.8 LDL
23.3 triglycerides

I'd look at 70-80 as the ultimate goal especially if you heart heart disease in the family but if not I think the consensus is sub 100. I am not down to 70-80 yet but sit around 100 but all my other bloods are really good. HDL is up over 60 now, tri's are really low, all inflammation makers are quite low etc.

So I'd say you always have to take the full body of work into the picture but if people are looking at a definitive answer, everything I can find seems to indicate you will not accrue plaque if your LDL gets that low.

Yeah just saw you other thread. Assuming this is all legit that level of cholesterol is very dangerous. It's also should not be used as a single metric and I get opinions vary but every doc will tell you with a bottomed out HDL and sky high LDL you will accrue plaque.

After hearing it, all the research I did (plus the best man in my wedding is a cardiologist and he agreed) that you will almost be guaranteed to not accrue plaque if your LDL is under 80 and especially 70. Now of course there are many factors that contribute overall we all agree you should be monitoring BG, inflammation, etc. but I'd still stand by the fact you will not accrue plaque if your LDL is under 80 and with the right meds and supplements you can reduce plaque buildup.

Sent you a PM about some of this stuff.. Thanks

It's certainly true that what matters most is VLDL and oxidized LDL particles. If you had to YOLO on one bloodwork parameter to rule them all it would be VLDL. HDL particles do help with cholesterol efflux though, interacting with macrophages.

There are actually new studies out there that suggest HDL and LDL numbers don't make the whole picture. Whats the CBC count? What are the numbers saying for your white blood cells? What have you been eating the week up to getting your blood taken? So much is taken into account when dealing with bloodwork. Yes, by themselves, those numbers aren't so great. ut I would take a look at heart rate, CBC, White blood cells, etc...

61.48 HDL
150.8 LDL
23.3 triglycerides

A statin, fiber and omega 3s are good regardless but do not make a large impact on ldl. At 30 I had an ldl of 220. 20mg rosuvastatin brought my ldl down around 120, 20mg morning and night brought my ldl down to 50. Statins are the most life saving medications in cardiovascular medicine. I experience no side effects from rosuvastatin and have been taking this medication for ten years. It does not cross the blood brain barrier and I also take 200 to 400 mg Coq10 a day in case the statin causes any sort of deficiency. I take 8g of omega 3 fats a day as well. I without a doubt laid down plenty of plaque between the ages of 22 to 30 and hopefully the plaque has regressed having an ldl under 70 for the last decade.

A statin, fiber and omega 3s are good regardless but do not make a large impact on ldl. At 30 I had an ldl of 220. 20mg rosuvastatin brought my ldl down around 120, 20mg morning and night brought my ldl down to 50. Statins are the most life saving medications in cardiovascular medicine. I experience no side effects from rosuvastatin and have been taking this medication for ten years. It does not cross the blood brain barrier and I also take 200 to 400 mg Coq10 a day in case the statin causes any sort of deficiency. I take 8g of omega 3 fats a day as well. I without a doubt laid down plenty of plaque between the ages of 22 to 30 and hopefully the plaque has regressed having an ldl under 70 for the last decade.
Interesting.

My calcium score came back at 0. I wonder if a statin is something I NEED? no doctor has ever mentioned my cholesterol as being worrying...hm makes you think.

but is high cholesterol that bad if inflammation is kept low? doing things like avoiding processed sugars, processed seed oils, high omega 6 vs low omega 3 , ensure your body is has the raw materials for methylation and glycation. etc etc

Has anyone read:

There are a few good studies pointing to low cholesterol not being the healthiest thing. What may be optimal for the heart may not apply to the rest of the body as i see it. If i have to choose from heart attack, stroke or cancer i think i may pick the heart attack. Having healthy arteries and veins seems to negate the build up from cholesterol.

You can build up plaque in your arteries from lengthy bad cholesterol levels. I'd get a CT scan of your heart. I'm actually scheduling a CT scan myself very soon because of my blood work.

Interesting.

My calcium score came back at 0. I wonder if a statin is something I NEED? no doctor has ever mentioned my cholesterol as being worrying...hm makes you think.
You asked the question and I shared my experience... what you don't want to hear an answer... Hmm makes you think. I wonder why you think any supplament could possibly get your ldl down to 80, the only thing plausible is a very high dose or red yeast rice which contains a crappy statin at best, at an unknown dose and could possibly contain contaminants as well. I wonder why the doctor I was seeing did not care to prescribe me a statin, or anything at all, and I had to take matters into my own hands for the protection of my health. You really think your doctor has more vested interest in your health than you do? A lot of people are not prescribed a statin until they survive a heart attack or a stroke. Don't ask a question if you do not want an answer. Your response is unnecessary I didn't tell you to take anything, your choice is up to you if you trust your doctor is looking out for your best interest, and they really know the extent of your risk factors. A calcium score of 0 just means you don't have calcified plaque, it is like taking a snap shot 10 years in the past. It doesn't measure soft plaque and it takes about a decade for plaque to become calcified. Have a nice day.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws