over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How did steroids change your life?

Vision

Registered

jRRjwl6.jpg

I would like to ask the populace here about "How did AAS change your life'?

I'm curious about the good and the bad...

Did you transform to a better version of who you are, did you change completely,or did it change you for the worst?

Your stories, please share!

Unless you have some form of wasting disease, these drugs won't magically change your life. The guys who say it changed them completely are under a false illusion; if you didn't have your life in order at a 150 lbs, you won't have it in order at 250 lbs.

An indirect by product of bodybuilding (especially with shitty genetics) is that you develop a good workethic; that can translate into many other aspects of your life if you allow it, most people won't thought because for many it's "Bodybuilding or Death" type of mentality.

Grocery bill is astronomical. Libido caused a lot of problems in relationships. It made me super hairy. Temper became unmanageable at times. Lost several friends because of this. But best of all it's left me with a really fuckrd up complex that won't allow me to be happy with the way I look. Ever. Did I mention all the $ Iv spent on them over the years. What started out as a quest to build my confidence ended up with a distorted view of my body.

Unless you have some form of wasting disease, these drugs won't magically change your life. The guys who say it changed them completely are under a false illusion; if you didn't have your life in order at a 150 lbs, you won't have it in order at 250 lbs.

An indirect by product of bodybuilding (especially with shitty genetics) is that you develop a good workethic; that can translate into many other aspects of your life if you allow it, most people won't thought because for many it's "Bodybuilding or Death" type of mentality.
That's side stepping the initial topic, for those that have introduced gear in their lives, what has been the positive or negative. I'm not talking about the course of action, or if one is deserving of gains, because not that's splitting the topic into an entirely different subject..

I'll bite tho.. example, I seen some guys over my years trade in one way of life for the next, and introduced gear in their life, regardless if it was premature, or on the right time, they have become of better version of who they are and who they used to be..I seen it destroy lives too..The ego can make a man blind!

I have met some really good people in this community, yes a positive.

Ak

Steroids haven't change my life. Bodybuilding has. It gave me a direction to vent my anger and frustrations while in the military and after. Giving me goals to attain, something to look forward to, and keeps me looking in better shape than my colleagues.

Grocery bill is astronomical. Libido caused a lot of problems in relationships. It made me super hairy. Temper became unmanageable at times. Lost several friends because of this. But best of all it's left me with a really fuckrd up complex that won't allow me to be happy with the way I look. Ever. Did I mention all the $ Iv spent on them over the years. What started out as a quest to build my confidence ended up with a distorted view of my body.

Real talk right there.

Steroids have positives otherwise people wouldn't do them and no one would be on this forum. Let's face it....being bigger and stronger than you could have ever been naturally is a damn good feeling. At age 47, trt and low dose cycles definitely make me feel a lot younger, which is a GREAT feeling.

They messed up my kidneys bad and I never went over 900mg total on everything. My gfr has me at stage 3 kidney disease. Test and Deca ruined them and who knows what it did to my heart and vessels after reading that study how damaging nandrolone is. They sent my blood pressure extremely high. I got labs every 4 months for years and the damage slowly built up. Now I am stuck with it

Bacne and hairloss are other things steroids gave me plus extra hair where I don't want it. Waste of so much money and for what. I never competed , never made money doing it like 99% of this board. Stupidest decision I ever made was doing them. I am here to warn others about the permanent dangers. I follow emerics 70 mg a week trt protocol and feel great. Thankfully I never touched the poison aka tren.

Last edited:
Steroids have positives otherwise people wouldn't do them and no one would be on this forum. Let's face it....being bigger and stronger than you could have ever been naturally is a damn good feeling. At age 47, trt and low dose cycles definitely make me feel a lot younger, which is a GREAT feeling.

You feel great but you are old and are playing with fire cycling at your age.

Haven't really changed a whole lot in my life really. I was already into bodybuilding and the lifestyle, got my work ethic from working on my family's farm growing up and being an all-state fb player in hs. Started at 21 so was already accepted into my major and studying hard and networking for my future career.

If anything maybe it's made me more health conscious? I was living a healthy lifestyle before but I'm 26 now and probably have bought more private bloodwork to stay on top of things than I'd ever have outside of physicals if I never took anything.

You feel great but you are old and are playing with fire cycling at your age.

I get blood world done every 3 months, get full body MRI's yearly, and my cycles never go over 500mg/ week and last typically 8-10 weeks. I am sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you recover from them. But the truth is....not everyone gets unhealthy from steroid use. I know a guy that did on average 1000mg/week with very few breaks for about 30 years. He only does trt now, but he is completely healthy. But again...I feel for you about your health problems and I hope you can overcome them.

They messed up my kidneys bad and I never went over 900mg total on everything. My gfr has me at stage 3 kidney disease. Test and Deca ruined them and who knows what it did to my heart and vessels after reading that study how damaging nandrolone is. They sent my blood pressure extremely high. I got labs every 4 months for years and the damage slowly built up. Now I am stuck with it

Bacne and hairloss are other things steroids gave me plus extra hair where I don't want it. Waste of so much money and for what. I never competed , never made money doing it like 99% of this board. Stupidest decision I ever made was doing them. I am here to warn others about the permanent dangers. I follow emerics 70 mg a week trt protocol and feel great. Thankfully I never touched the poison aka tren.
Did you have any genetic predisposition to kidney disease? Unmonitored high bp?

I am under no way saying that steroid use is safe, but it seems like genetics did play a role in your case, and AAS possibly made is significantly worse. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction...

Good or bad

Completely lost the urge to do recreational drugs. It was like a complete brain reset when I started my first cycle. Stopped all rec drugs cold turkey and never looked back.

Did you have any genetic predisposition to kidney disease? Unmonitored high bp?

I am under no way saying that steroid use is safe, but it seems like genetics did play a role in your case, and AAS possibly made is significantly worse. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blood pressure was fine until I started cycling. THEN, I would hang out around 135/85 and I stubbornly didn't get a prescription for it. I only cared about getting big even if that meant getting fat in the process. I was in denial that I had a BP problem as I kept thinking we'll it's not 140/90 so I guess it's okay. I think that blood pressure above definitely played a role in kidney function combined with a high protein diet and the blood thickening effects of AAS.

I am in the medical field now and see things much differently. Getting big is the last thing I care about. I worked in dialysis and was realizing I would maybe end up in one of those chairs as we were seeing more steroid users coming in. They all had one thing in common....tren use. I have tried tbol Winny, Var, and dbol for orals and Deca test and mast for injectables.

Over the years creatinine rose and my egfr fell. I have never passed protein on my urine. Thank goodness. I would be on for 3 months and off for 2. Repeat.

Last edited:
I'm liking the feedback here, and the HONESTY for those that admit the disadvantages that they've encountered, thank you for the honesty, this is exactly the feedback I wish to hear..

Keep in mind, this isn't about body building for years natty, or pushing natty limits, this is solely about how "STEROID USE" has effected your life, good/bad.. Nothing more nothing less, just the usage of STEROIDS!

I'll say for myself that a part of me died when I began using gear, a man that I will never be again, it changed me in many different ways.. There has been even bigger battles on the scale and on the grind compared to prior, the reflection in the mirror is a man that I have battled with ever since I started..Whether it was positive or negative, I've had a love-hate relationship with myself..I've been more inclined to critique myself more than ever.. I've had days were I'm flying and on top of the world that seems to last months, and at other times crashing and burning.. But I will say, I am more aware and have a keen insight on many things in life now, and I study how things operate and what makes the wheels go round on everything... I've dedicate my entire adult like to research, clinical studies and even bro-science..

I now have a thirsty mind that aspire to be "Anabolic Erudites" and I possess great passion while looking to gain a greater understanding of what takes place under this vast spectrum in this branch of biology/endocrinology, which is the platform that has created some of the greatest body-builders and connoisseurs and minds alike mastering their craft, becoming experts in this way of life providing people with a keen and methodical outlook with clarity to their approach..I'm not content with being ordinary, or living a mundane life.. In lieu I strive in this lifestyle that I'm passionate about, all the while searching, researching,learning new things all while acquiring immense knowledge attempting to perfect my ways with abilities to solve problems and create greater opportunities for myself.. I'm now Someone who questions everything, consistently looking for answers and in turn I learn with deep understanding!!

Its my passion!

I get blood world done every 3 months, get full body MRI's yearly, and my cycles never go over 500mg/ week and last typically 8-10 weeks. I am sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you recover from them. But the truth is....not everyone gets unhealthy from steroid use. I know a guy that did on average 1000mg/week with very few breaks for about 30 years. He only does trt now, but he is completely healthy. But again...I feel for you about your health problems and I hope you can overcome them.

My apologies for my tone. You aren't much older than I am. It sounds like you are playing it safe and I respect that. Thank you for the kind words.

Blood pressure was fine until I started cycling. THEN, I would hang out around 135/85 and I stubbornly didn't get a prescription for it. I only cared about getting big even if that meant getting fat in the process. I was in denial that I had a BP problem as I kept thinking we'll it's not 140/90 so I guess it's okay. I think that blood pressure above definitely played a role in kidney function combined with a high protein diet and the blood thickening effects of AAS.

I am in the medical field now and see things much differently. Getting big is the last thing I care about. I worked in dialysis and was realizing I would maybe end up in one of those chairs as we were seeing more steroid users coming in. They all had one thing in common....tren use. I have tried tbol Winny, Var, and dbol for orals and Deca test and mast for injectables.

Over the years creatinine rose and my egfr fell. I have never passed protein on my urine. Thank goodness. I would be on for 3 months and off for 2. Repeat.

so in other words, you're actually totally fine

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members