advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How did you learn to see progress via pictures?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This might sound stupid but this is skill that I am amazed at some people have and it is not very common thing to see.

I see a lot of guys look at a picture of a person 5 to 7 days apart and they are able to see their fat loss or muscle gain like it's nothing. And I mean non pre-stage photos. Like normal cutting or lean bulking. Or they can guess very closely to what their body fat percentage is. How did you build the eye for that?

or theyre just pretending. :cool:

I think for most it's just something they are born with. My whole life I have been able to tell people what they weigh within only a few pounds. I can also usually tell someone how far out of a show they are now that I am more into bodybuilding. Some of this does come with seeing people change and transform and knowing where the changes actually matter and where people lose form first/last.

I think it just comes down to time. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Looking at pictures and then seeing what guys like Shelby, Dante, John Meadows, Big A, etc., etc., etc. say about them. People who already have an eye for it and know what their talking about. And then see if you can see the same things they do. And then just the more you see, the better you get at picking it up on your own.

Although it is kinda funny to think about it from an outside perspective. Getting good at the skill of making assessments about dudes in their underwear lol

you really can't see week to week muscle growth. you can see fat lose in that time frame if you are lean enough. mostly all you will see is the difference in water retention.

Unless there's a dramatic change, it's barely noticeable in pics. In person, however, it's very noticeable. I'm speaking generally here.

In the same location and in the same light I can see changes in fullness and detail. In the front relax pose the caps on your shoulders will show changes from flat to full. The quads will show deeper separation with changes made in carb, sodium and water manipulation. The quarter turn separation in quad/hamstring, glute detail and serratus will become more pronounced. From behind the rear double bicep will show more detail and crisper looking as you become leaner.....especially for older guys we seem to be like walruses and hold a thick layer of fat on our back....:)

I have a hard time seeing progress in pics also, iv always wondered the same thing you said. I can only see big progress gains easily

maybe its just in my head but I look in mirror constantly and can tell if I need more cals/carbs ect if I look flat can see improvements ect...Using Mirror as gauge is best IMO photos always make me look more defined and bigger than I am lol depending on how I take it(take 100 pics and find best one delete all others LOL)

In the same location and in the same light I can see changes in fullness and detail. In the front relax pose the caps on your shoulders will show changes from flat to full. The quads will show deeper separation with changes made in carb, sodium and water manipulation. The quarter turn separation in quad/hamstring, glute detail and serratus will become more pronounced. From behind the rear double bicep will show more detail and crisper looking as you become leaner.....especially for older guys we seem to be like walruses and hold a thick layer of fat on our back....:)

Ya I take a picture front of the same light color wall, have 3 6500k light bulbs in the room, but I'm still learning to read my own photos. What you posted was very helpful, thank you!

I am taking pics weekly so interested in any feedback from advanced guys or prep coaches. To build on that -- what do you look for to know that you are in contest shape or pretty much there? Shelby, Matt Porter, Phil V, would love to hear you thoughts. Thanks

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws