over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How did you lower your heart rate?

rotinaj

Registered
Newbies
For those who took active steps(no pun intended),

Beyond just drugs, what amount of cardio and what intensity/frequency/zone, and or diet changes have you made that lowered your resting rate?

I drink plenty of water, eat my micros, get 8-15K steps a day, but consistently do almost zero cardio due to my maintenance calories being on the higher end already. I noticed my RHR has been 90-110 for the last year or so after passing a lean 220lb. I spent two months doing 60-90 minutes of zone 2 cardio a week (typical recommendation) but didn't notice a difference. Only major impact I've noticed is from dropping bodyweight which is not the goal obviously.

As I intend to continue putting on more weight on I've grown concerned for my heart health and am looking for advice for those who found themselves in a similar spot and were able to correct it.

I think you already answered this by listing all the things you have already tried and didnt notice a difference with.

*Aside from drugs*, cant have your cake and eat it too. If you want to carry that high of LBM and your doing everything else you can already to no avail, its time for a Beta Blocker. I wish I had medicated a long time ago, it would have expedited my bodybuilding goals, reduced the side effects I had to endure and also protect my health sooner and prevent some damage.

Nebivolol is very mild.

Either that or low carb/keto but... not nessecarily conducive to growth.

For me it's directly proportional to my bodyweight and stress level. If you can't reduce stress and don't want to lose weight maybe limit or cut out caffeine, any stimulants if taking, and obviously cardio the more the better and more intense the better. I'm not personally a fan of tracking steps. If your worried about cardio cutting into a surplus you could always eat more. 2 yogurts is 260 calories and takes 30 seconds to eat. Right now I do 35 min fasted on the elliptical 2x a week then on Sunday morning do an hour hiking. If it's raining, swap for some HIIT intervals.

For some reason when I did post workout cardio my RHR wasn't as low as when I do fasted cardio (AM). Even 20-25 minutes in the offseason at 120-130bpm keeps my RHR below 60-65.

I find HIIT to be the best. Years ago i could handle more. as the years and decades go by i need more time between workouts. Once my rates are staring to rise back up i knw i am over doing something.

I think you already answered this by listing all the things you have already tried and didnt notice a difference with.

*Aside from drugs*, cant have your cake and eat it too. If you want to carry that high of LBM and your doing everything else you can already to no avail, its time for a Beta Blocker. I wish I had medicated a long time ago, it would have expedited my bodybuilding goals, reduced the side effects I had to endure and also protect my health sooner and prevent some damage.

Nebivolol is very mild.

Did you noticed any sides with the beta blocker?
Have you tried interval cardio?
I find HIIT to be the best. Years ago i could handle more. as the years and decades go by i need more time between workouts. Once my rates are staring to rise back up i knw i am over doing something.
What kind of duration/type of HIIT are you guys doing and how often?

First few weeks only. Tired. Slept alot. Nothing since that time, I use 5mg Nebivolol year round and 10mg on blast.

I have seen others get away with 2.5mg ED.

5mg nebivolol. Can start lower but I don’t feel like 2.5 does much.

I'll do 15 seconds all out, 45 at a lesser pace. 7, then rest get a drink of water or stretch, then 7 more. IMO anyone saying they are doing 1 minute all our, that's not hitt. Sprinting for example, no one can sprint all out for 30 sec or a minute, but 15 is doable.

I'll do assault bike, row machine, spin bike, or burpees/walk between. They look gay but ger the heart rate up.

I'll do 15 seconds all out, 45 at a lesser pace. 7, then rest get a drink of water or stretch, then 7 more. IMO anyone saying they are doing 1 minute all our, that's not hitt. Sprinting for example, no one can sprint all out for 30 sec or a minute, but 15 is doable.

I'll do assault bike, row machine, spin bike, or burpees/walk between. They look gay but ger the heart rate up.

This or 20sec all out, 1 min, easy repeat 7-10 times. If you need to work up to it that's fine. But your HR should start to drop (not fully just some) before the next round. When it doesn't just do LISS for 20min and try for more next time. Don't do it more than twice a week

Nebivolol is very mild.

I've been on metoprolol for more than 3 years, high dose too, 300mg a day. It hasn't lowered my RHR much at all, can you believe I'm at 105 bpm often despite the drug? Yesterday I did a bike test at a hospital and my HR didn't increase much at all when I exerted myself, which is due to the drug. Normal variation at my level of exertion when cycling is 20-25 BPM and I had only 5. I don't know if these drugs hamper adaptations to endurance training? What I've noticed is that it reduces pumps and vascularity, a subjectively decidedly negative effect for a "bodybuilder," it's like my body is unresponsive and dead lol. But I know the drug protects the heart and that is obviously more important. When I got on it I asked what the sides were. Doc said only that it might make your sleep worse, I know it reduces melatonin synthesis.

Hybrid athlete - RHR apex is typically around 45 at a relatively lean 215 and 5’11. Photo of last nights sleep attached.

Let’s get into it

1) What mechanism are you using to measure your RHR?
2) What is your average and what is your apex (lowest?)
3) Dietary habits pre bed?

Few things
GH even at 2IU raises my RHR by a minimum of 5. I have a thread on here showing various compounds and their impact

Compounds associated with cardio pulmonary bloat (yes even with an AI with jack up your RHR)

Caffeine/stimulant and oral compound intake? When? I get in bed at 9:30 I won’t take preworkout post 4pm, preferably 2pm

You don’t have a cardio base (self admittedly -always sounds so pointed when you post so not trying to offend mate), long slow distance cardio is the fastest at establishing an aerobic base. This has been shown time and time again in various studies.

HIIT/threshold sessions are awesome however this is more for lactate threshold, diaphragmatic breathing, and sling training.

Take a look at the maffetone method and incorporate this for jogging, rowing, running, skierg, or assault cycle. Walking on a treadmill won’t generate a base level of cardio for a trained individual.

Taking more compounds to mask what’s turning into an actual health concern isn’t a wise modality in my opinion.

Attachments

• 03612966-FD93-418B-A8BA-2DBCE6A7DAD1.png
    03612966-FD93-418B-A8BA-2DBCE6A7DAD1.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 12
Also what is your sodium/electrolyte level at? Increased blood volume will help slow it down slightly

Right atrium will load as much as possible prior to valve closure, rest of the action is backload dependent

Zone 2 training really needs to be 45-90 minutess at a time to start creating adaptations.

On average, you’re gonna need 3 sessions to start building an aerobic base.

So maffetone HR for 45 minutes 3x a week and build from there

For those who took active steps(no pun intended),

Beyond just drugs, what amount of cardio and what intensity/frequency/zone, and or diet changes have you made that lowered your resting rate?

I drink plenty of water, eat my micros, get 8-15K steps a day, but consistently do almost zero cardio due to my maintenance calories being on the higher end already. I noticed my RHR has been 90-110 for the last year or so after passing a lean 220lb. I spent two months doing 60-90 minutes of zone 2 cardio a week (typical recommendation) but didn't notice a difference. Only major impact I've noticed is from dropping bodyweight which is not the goal obviously.

As I intend to continue putting on more weight on I've grown concerned for my heart health and am looking for advice for those who found themselves in a similar spot and were able to correct it.
My question to you would be has your HR always been on the higher side? What was it on average prior to the last year? Some people just genetically have a higher resting heart rate despite being overall healthy. Also, any stimulants like coffee, etc?

Hybrid athlete - RHR apex is typically around 45 at a relatively lean 215 and 5’11. Photo of last nights sleep attached.

Let’s get into it

1) What mechanism are you using to measure your RHR?
2) What is your average and what is your apex (lowest?)
3) Dietary habits pre bed?

Few things
GH even at 2IU raises my RHR by a minimum of 5. I have a thread on here showing various compounds and their impact

Compounds associated with cardio pulmonary bloat (yes even with an AI with jack up your RHR)

Caffeine/stimulant and oral compound intake? When? I get in bed at 9:30 I won’t take preworkout post 4pm, preferably 2pm

You don’t have a cardio base (self admittedly -always sounds so pointed when you post so not trying to offend mate), long slow distance cardio is the fastest at establishing an aerobic base. This has been shown time and time again in various studies.

HIIT/threshold sessions are awesome however this is more for lactate threshold, diaphragmatic breathing, and sling training.

Take a look at the maffetone method and incorporate this for jogging, rowing, running, skierg, or assault cycle. Walking on a treadmill won’t generate a base level of cardio for a trained individual.

Taking more compounds to mask what’s turning into an actual health concern isn’t a wise modality in my opinion.
Wondering your opinion on machine cardio such as elliptical treadmill vs real running for heart health. I've always used machines I hate running. When the world went insane and locked us down I had to jog and was surprised how easy I got gassed. I'm guessing that actual jogging is superior to machines even if we equate intensity (heart rate) for all things heart health?

Wondering your opinion on machine cardio such as elliptical treadmill vs real running for heart health. I've always used machines I hate running. When the world went insane and locked us down I had to jog and was surprised how easy I got gassed. I'm guessing that actual jogging is superior to machines even if we equate intensity (heart rate) for all things heart health?
Evening mate -

Cardiovascular performance is one of those weird things which simply doesn’t translate from activity to activity.

I can establish a high baseline of swimming cardio but will not be able to match intensity running and vice versa - however when coupled I can not only match but surpass baseline performance with both.

I love the elliptical for a warm up but to be honest even when trying I cannot get to the zone necessary for any type of adaptation.

Cycling is a weird one, I can get where I need but it seems to elicit no performance benefit for me outside of active recovery.

Gh increases my heart rate by over 10-12 bpm if I take it every day but 5 days out of 7 and it stays at about a 5-7 Bon increase. That is on,y with 2 iu of it as well.

Evening mate -

Cardiovascular performance is one of those weird things which simply doesn’t translate from activity to activity.

I can establish a high baseline of swimming cardio but will not be able to match intensity running and vice versa - however when coupled I can not only match but surpass baseline performance with both.

I love the elliptical for a warm up but to be honest even when trying I cannot get to the zone necessary for any type of adaptation.

Cycling is a weird one, I can get where I need but it seems to elicit no performance benefit for me outside of active recovery.
I definitely agree cardio is very complex. At one point I was doing elliptical 3x a week and making sure I was hiking 3 total hours per week. I track calories and weight meticulously. One day I decided to say fuck hiking I don't have time for it so I just stopped. I expected my weight to go up a bit because I decreased activity and kept calories the same. Well, I didn't gain 1lb lol. Just my opinion but I think cardio is a bit overrated for weight loss or staying lean but I still do it for the health benefits.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131