over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How did you lower your heart rate?

I definitely agree cardio is very complex. At one point I was doing elliptical 3x a week and making sure I was hiking 3 total hours per week. I track calories and weight meticulously. One day I decided to say fuck hiking I don't have time for it so I just stopped. I expected my weight to go up a bit because I decreased activity and kept calories the same. Well, I didn't gain 1lb lol. Just my opinion but I think cardio is a bit overrated for weight loss or staying lean but I still do it for the health benefits.
100% Agreed

Weights + diet discipline and I lean up very quickly

Cardio for health and performance

Gh increases my heart rate by over 10-12 bpm if I take it every day but 5 days out of 7 and it stays at about a 5-7 Bon increase. That is on,y with 2 iu of it as well.
Do we know why GH causes an increase in GH? Depending on the dose it can ruin my sleep or cause anxiety, beta blocker may help but adding a drug to another drug is something I’d like to avoid.

Evening mate -

Cardiovascular performance is one of those weird things which simply doesn’t translate from activity to activity.

I can establish a high baseline of swimming cardio but will not be able to match intensity running and vice versa - however when coupled I can not only match but surpass baseline performance with both.

I love the elliptical for a warm up but to be honest even when trying I cannot get to the zone necessary for any type of adaptation.

Cycling is a weird one, I can get where I need but it seems to elicit no performance benefit for me outside of active recovery.
All performance is exercise specific. It's just like how you can add weight to your leg press and have your squat go nowhere. Or progress really well on a tricep exercise and have your bench go nowhere.

I'm also disappointed by this because I've gotten to a good level with cycling intervals but wouldn't be able to replicate it sprinting.

All performance is exercise specific. It's just like how you can add weight to your leg press and have your squat go nowhere. Or progress really well on a tricep exercise and have your bench go nowhere.

I'm also disappointed by this because I've gotten to a good level with cycling intervals but wouldn't be able to replicate it sprinting.
What’s strange is we can establish a cardiovascular base but any further than that is straight no go.

Once that base is established however it’s amazing how long it can last.

I can take a month or two off or running and only need 1-2 weeks to prep for a marathon and same for swimming.

But give me an all new movement pattern to learn and I’ll start at an intermediate level and lose all progress the second I take a break.

Need to actually put pen to paper on this and get some thoughts organized

I definitely agree cardio is very complex. At one point I was doing elliptical 3x a week and making sure I was hiking 3 total hours per week. I track calories and weight meticulously. One day I decided to say fuck hiking I don't have time for it so I just stopped. I expected my weight to go up a bit because I decreased activity and kept calories the same. Well, I didn't gain 1lb lol. Just my opinion but I think cardio is a bit overrated for weight loss or staying lean but I still do it for the health benefits.
Most people that do cardio get comfortable in a routine and they quickly adapt, theyll progress in the weight room but not their cardio, calorie expeture drops when adapted. You have to progress in effort for it to be truly effective. So your hikes would have to become, faster, further or harder each time.

For those who took active steps(no pun intended),

Beyond just drugs, what amount of cardio and what intensity/frequency/zone, and or diet changes have you made that lowered your resting rate?

I drink plenty of water, eat my micros, get 8-15K steps a day, but consistently do almost zero cardio due to my maintenance calories being on the higher end already. I noticed my RHR has been 90-110 for the last year or so after passing a lean 220lb. I spent two months doing 60-90 minutes of zone 2 cardio a week (typical recommendation) but didn't notice a difference. Only major impact I've noticed is from dropping bodyweight which is not the goal obviously.

As I intend to continue putting on more weight on I've grown concerned for my heart health and am looking for advice for those who found themselves in a similar spot and were able to correct it.
Is there any particular hormone that makes your resting heart rate increase?

For those who took active steps(no pun intended),

Beyond just drugs, what amount of cardio and what intensity/frequency/zone, and or diet changes have you made that lowered your resting rate?

I drink plenty of water, eat my micros, get 8-15K steps a day, but consistently do almost zero cardio due to my maintenance calories being on the higher end already. I noticed my RHR has been 90-110 for the last year or so after passing a lean 220lb. I spent two months doing 60-90 minutes of zone 2 cardio a week (typical recommendation) but didn't notice a difference. Only major impact I've noticed is from dropping bodyweight which is not the goal obviously.

As I intend to continue putting on more weight on I've grown concerned for my heart health and am looking for advice for those who found themselves in a similar spot and were able to correct it.
Max effort training with time rest period back off sets.

Or skip the max effort and just do timed rest periods. Aka anaerobic exercise. Like CrossFit but not gey.

Do we know why GH causes an increase in GH? Depending on the dose it can ruin my sleep or cause anxiety, beta blocker may help but adding a drug to another drug is something I’d like to avoid.
Look into 3x a week dosing for HGH. Removes many of the side effects for many people.

I know I can't run it ED even in low doses, flares my nerves up and my left arm loses function (yes not just fingers/hand, entire arm).

Right now I am doing 20iu 3x a week and loving it. No nerve pain. No numb fingers/hand/arm.

Look into 3x a week dosing for HGH. Removes many of the side effects for many people.

I know I can't run it ED even in low doses, flares my nerves up and my left arm loses function (yes not just fingers/hand, entire arm).

Right now I am doing 20iu 3x a week and loving it. No nerve pain. No numb fingers/hand/arm.
Interesting, I may try it out, how are you doing 20iu? MWF? Split dose?

Did you noticed any sides with the beta blocker?
I take metoprolol 12.5mg nightly and my RHR is about 55 usually per my Fitbit watch. I used to take 25mg years ago and when I went to 12.5mg my RHR went up 5-10 bpm on average. I used to feel sluggish and a bit tired along with mild dizziness when I first started it. I don't notice any side effects now. Never had sexual side effects ever but its a low dose. Honestly wish I never started it as I hate being on any med long-term but honestly it works well for me and I can't really complain.

Drugs are the only way to lower mine..I’ve had a job since 18 that required a lot of running..I run anywhere from 3-15 miles a day now, surf/swim or bike daily as well as all my lifting..beta blockers are it for me..can’t out diet and exercise my families fast ass heart beat

I've been on metoprolol for more than 3 years, high dose too, 300mg a day. It hasn't lowered my RHR much at all, can you believe I'm at 105 bpm often despite the drug? Yesterday I did a bike test at a hospital and my HR didn't increase much at all when I exerted myself, which is due to the drug. Normal variation at my level of exertion when cycling is 20-25 BPM and I had only 5. I don't know if these drugs hamper adaptations to endurance training? What I've noticed is that it reduces pumps and vascularity, a subjectively decidedly negative effect for a "bodybuilder," it's like my body is unresponsive and dead lol. But I know the drug protects the heart and that is obviously more important. When I got on it I asked what the sides were. Doc said only that it might make your sleep worse, I know it reduces melatonin synthesis.
Dang bro you nailed it for me. Propranolol 40mg am 40 pm. 54yrs old been in gym since I was 14yrs. Motocross, surfing,freesby,volleyball my whole life. Fasted cardio 5 day/wk. If I take morning dose before cardio can’t get hr above 100-110. No meds same exact exercise 120-130 no prob. I’ve had high rhr my whole life mid 80s. My meds keeps it low 70s. My question has always been am I getting benefits of cardio if heart rate is not coming up.

Drugs are the only way to lower mine..I’ve had a job since 18 that required a lot of running..I run anywhere from 3-15 miles a day now, surf/swim or bike daily as well as all my lifting..beta blockers are it for me..can’t out diet and exercise my families fast ass heart beat
Yes 100% me too

Increasing my Magnesium intake made a detectable difference.
My everyday foods selection was very poor in that regard.

Seen lots of people on here put forward lots of theories on it but I have never been totally convinced by any of them, it is so pronounced with me it is the main reason I limit gh use.

This is a hard one. Remember the science.
55-65% of THR is for fat burning.
70-85% is for endurance training.
Personally, I'd try shorter harder cardio at endurance levels for RHR. Does not have to be for an hour.
That Old Graybass

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity