advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Did you take bodybuilding to the next level in college?

mchief101

Registered
All you guys that went through college, u know there is the cafeteria which has unhealthy food and then you had to live in a dorm. how did you manage to take bodybuilding seriously during this time of your life? i mean, did you count cals macros all that? or did you just eat whatever was available in the cafeteria.....what are some of the most optimal things you did and made gains in college......!

But a ricer cooker and a foreman grill for your dorm room. Does use college as an excuse. I lived with my girlfriend off campus, so it was easy to eat right.

But a ricer cooker and a foreman grill for your dorm room. Does use college as an excuse. I lived with my girlfriend off campus, so it was easy to eat right.

hahahaha exactly what i have! it helps aloT:headbang:

All you guys that went through college, u know there is the cafeteria which has unhealthy food and then you had to live in a dorm. how did you manage to take bodybuilding seriously during this time of your life? i mean, did you count cals macros all that? or did you just eat whatever was available in the cafeteria.....what are some of the most optimal things you did and made gains in college......!

Just experienced this..not a bb..but try to do the diet and workout and gear of one and it was pretty damn difficult..I spent all my extra money on food for my room bought a plug in hot plate and bought chicken but when money was tight I ate everything I could in the caf and I was in a sport so I was able to keep the physique luckily..but it was kind of a bitch

College actually allowed me to get to the next level, it also allowed me to compete...

College was perfect actually because I had a set schedule. I did my own grocery shopping. If you think about it you can get away with the essentials for pretty cheap.

Buy chicken breast in bulk when it is on sale
93/7 Red Meat
Huge bags of Rice
Pasta
Frozen Veggies
Protein

Get a George Foreman.

I've lived the bodybuilding lifestyle in the dorms before and it's tough, but not too hard if you're consistent and innovative. The keys (for me at least) are a rice cooker, foreman grill, microwave, and coffee grinder

I would shop at costco an buy
Bag of white potatoes
Bag of sweet potatoes
Bag of rice
Oatmeal
Natty Peanut Butter
Bag of Almonds
Chicken Breast
Pasteurized Eggwhites
Extra Lean Ground Beef

I'd grind up my oats in my coffee grinder and throw it in my shaker cup with 2 cups of eggwhites with a little stevia and cinnamon for breakfast and postworkout meals (maybe one other depending on the day)

For the rest of my meals I'd cook my rice in the rice cooker, microwave my potatoes in the microwave, and cook my meat on the foreman.

Not the easiest but definitely manageable.

Call me nasty

but I can cook every meal I eat in the microwave. (except for rice, I hate instant rice so I use a rice cooker)

Egg whites, potatoes, chicken breast, etc...

Take your potatoes and cut them up into "chips" roughly 1/8-1/4" thick. Add spice (I use rosemary), put your chicken breast right over it and spice it. Put it in a microwaveable container and cover. 6mins 30 seconds cooks me a 7oz breast and 4.5oz yams/sweet potatoes all at once :)

I cook my tilapia in there too...
The taste isn't quite as good as being cooked on the stove in a skillet but since I can't add any oils right now it is an easy/convenient and non mess means of going through 8 meals a day...

Focus on working out and trying to eat right, but also, don't get too lost in bb'ing because in your life, you will never be surrounded by so many people your age(*read hot girls)in your life and you got the rest of 20's and 30's 40's and so on to be a bodybuilder.

Focus on working out and trying to eat right, but also, don't get too lost in bb'ing because in your life, you will never be surrounded by so many people your age(*read hot girls)in your life and you got the rest of 20's and 30's 40's and so on to be a bodybuilder.

Exactly.

Sure eat well and train hard. Read and research to gain more knowledge. But most importantly just have fun. You don't want to get to into it when you have so many young peoplearound you. All having fun and living the best years of their lives. You can't do this or drink that cos you don't want to gain fat etc. Fuck all that. I know everyone is different but trust me enjoy this time. As I stated you can still maintain a good physique and train and eat well. Pull as many hot girls as you can... thats an order :) Study and have fun. Following diet plans can come when your abit older. Just try and eat protein every few hours and your gtg. Obviously just stay in shape and have fun :D

i was miserable in college because i studied an insanely difficult degree path and i was a natty trying to maximize my "natty potential" :rolleyes:

I was an athlete in college in a full-on "program" so we had what was called, "Training Table". Team meals, all you can eat. Never been as strong or fat, hahah) since then, and I was natty at the time.

But otherwise, I'd microwave extra lean burger meat, add pasta sauce, and a shitload of pasta a couple times a day. Ate fruit, frozen yogurt and take a shake heavy in your backpack. Like 2 shakes worth, drink half and then other half later.

I made unreal gains in college. Lots of sleep... Lots of food... Lots of time to get huge. I went from 215 to 247 my freshman year due to just that. I must say however, I didnt have a SINGLE drink in my 4 years at college, as I was so obsessed with bodybuilding and competing. 3 years later, I'm still competing, but kind of wish I'd relaxed a bit in college to have some more good times instead of going to bed at 9:30 thinking to myself "big squat day tomorrow!".... Kinda depressing to think about lol

My college experience included working out and eating all the time, as well as getting drunk a lot and trying to sit next to the smart looking people during exams. Looking back, I am glad I thought it was possible to look huge and ripped naturally. Kept me away from the juice. No regrets.

My college experience included working out and eating all the time, as well as getting drunk a lot and trying to sit next to the smart looking people during exams. Looking back, I am glad I thought it was possible to look huge and ripped naturally. Kept me away from the juice. No regrets.

Excellent post Doggie. I wish more people held off on gear till they where older. And I shared your strategy for academic achievement.

I spent October to March starving myself and getting my body pummelled during wrestling season. No matter how good I looked in September, and I looked good,:cool: I looked like a POW come March.

Mschief, you still here?

Last edited:

Wow , im glad i dident have to suffer through that shit

I spent the time to grow.

I had an unlimited meal plan and would get sick off of chocolate milk every meal.

;)

I didn't.....

I had to wait until I finished.
Don't get me wrong, I tried, but it was tough to make really solid progress when money was tight and food options were low.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131