over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Do I Get A Chest Like This?

Dips or declines. Either exercise has the highest percentage of fiber recruitment for the pecs according to EMG studies. Dont go all the way down or lock out and lift just balls heavy.
^^^this. And heavy as balls. Don't forget to use dumbells either. With dumbells you can keep in a more natural range of motion that puts all weight on chest. It's not a comp so don't worry about touching your chest, just a decent range and never lockout. You'll have all the "feel" and all the mind-muscle connection you can stand when you got a 180 dumbell in each fist.

I know the basics of bodybuilding I feel like I'm big enough at this point (260 pounds) but my chest is lacking. How do I get a chest like this?

**broken link removed**

images

**broken link removed**

Could synthol help? Site injecting gear?

I already feel like I'm big enough everywhere else except my chest. How did these guys do it?! Any suggestions would be great.

(I already tried a bit of synthol and it seemed to help, couldn't afford the whole suggested amounts per muscle group though. Will probably use again once I can afford it.)

TRAIN MORE OFTEN!!!

Every time I start to train my chest 2times a week my chest always becomes more rounder and fuller

Guys like in your post (serge,arnold,franco c.,samir etc) from old era and guys like ronnie, art atwood, juan morel - they all have great chest and all of them trained it 2 times a week. Maybe that won't work for you too, but for me chest needs more stimulus and less weights, you don't need to bench 400+ pounds to have great chest...Levrone benched 500 pounds while nubret never trained his chest with more than 225 on the bar...who had better chest?

Dips or declines. Either exercise has the highest percentage of fiber recruitment for the pecs according to EMG studies. Dont go all the way down or lock out and lift just balls heavy.

This makes a lot of sense to me. It's more the natural motion of your chest. I always hear people say incline press but decline seems to recruit more muscle. Though I understand the shaping aspect of upper chest work too.

^^^this. And heavy as balls. Don't forget to use dumbells either. With dumbells you can keep in a more natural range of motion that puts all weight on chest. It's not a comp so don't worry about touching your chest, just a decent range and never lockout. You'll have all the "feel" and all the mind-muscle connection you can stand when you got a 180 dumbell in each fist.

I like it. Did some 130 pound dbs today on flat bench. 180 here I come!

TRAIN MORE OFTEN!!!

Every time I start to train my chest 2times a week my chest always becomes more rounder and fuller

Guys like in your post (serge,arnold,franco c.,samir etc) from old era and guys like ronnie, art atwood, juan morel - they all have great chest and all of them trained it 2 times a week. Maybe that won't work for you too, but for me chest needs more stimulus and less weights, you don't need to bench 400+ pounds to have great chest...Levrone benched 500 pounds while nubret never trained his chest with more than 225 on the bar...who had better chest?

This sounds like a great idea too. I started working chest 2 times a week a few weeks ago. I'm loving it. One day I do strength (lower reps heavy ass weight) next day I do body building style (8-12 reps heavy ass weight :).

I'm new to this, however the topic isn't.

.... I think todays mindset (read fashion) is to control aromitization with cutting agents during cycle. The look is more hard density. Back then, dbol was more widely used as the primary steroid, allowing much more water retention. Mike Metzner commented once about Arnold's over medication, while watching him train... Saying something to the effect of "chewing pills like candy".

Perhaps, it's more water. Looks like it in the photos.

Could be wrong....

By the way, this is my first post to the board. Just wanna say hi.

P.S - I just got the "water balloon" joke. Funny, Sluggy.

Last edited:
I think because the bench is the first identifiable lift that determines your bodybuilding status that a lot of people ego lift really badly on bench or dumbell presses, ( I know Im guilty) the one thing I noticed is when I backed down on weight and made sure I contracted my chest moreso than my shoulders that my chest actually started to grow, and one of the better exercises I found that forced my biomechanics into a more favorable position to do just that was good old fashioned pushups!
Shoulders and scapulae back -chest forward from the get go without even thinking about it.

This is key!!!

Even at the top of the movement scaps back?

Yes, try not to lock out either imo....puts chest under constant pressure leaving the muscle working throughout.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Agreed! Dips (weighted if needed) and Declines. There is more to building chest than just flys and bench. Slow concentrated movements, actually feel the chest muscles working.

And sorry you dont get a chest like those, you get a chest like your genetics are meant to be;)

Last edited:
And sorry you dont get a chest like those, you get a chest like your genetics are meant to be;)
^^^^sad but true. This goes for all of us. You can talk about "they did this dope" or "they took that" or even this particular exercise, whatever but...

What these guys had (have), they have because they reached mom's egg first.

Phil Hernon style, max effort weighed dips and decline. Hes a man that knows his stuff, theres a reason he tells us to utilize these 2 movements, because they work!

Concentrate on form and have a second or 2 squeeze at the top

I think my chest is one of my best body parts and this is what i do

Also, make sure form is perfect on bench press

Iv destroyed my shoulder twice on it :banghead:

I'm new to this, however the topic isn't.

.... I think todays mindset (read fashion) is to control aromitization with cutting agents during cycle. The look is more hard density. Back then, dbol was more widely used as the primary steroid, allowing much more water retention. Mike Metzner commented once about Arnold's over medication, while watching him train... Saying something to the effect of "chewing pills like candy".

Perhaps, it's more water. Looks like it in the photos.

Could be wrong....

By the way, this is my first post to the board. Just wanna say hi.

P.S - I just got the "water balloon" joke. Funny, Sluggy.

Yeah that's interesting. Could be right but it seems like others have gotten chests like those too more recently. But that makes sense and probably was a big part of it.

I worked out for years before doing this. I injured my shoulder and finally researched how to properly bench. Putting the scaps back removes the shoulder from the equation (as much as possible). Less chance of injury as the chest can handle more weight than the shoulders.

Agreed! Dips (weighted if needed) and Declines. There is more to building chest than just flys and bench. Slow concentrated movements, actually feel the chest muscles working.

I've always hated decline bench. It's so awkward. But I will attempt to add it to my workouts more.

^^^^sad but true. This goes for all of us. You can talk about "they did this dope" or "they took that" or even this particular exercise, whatever but...

What these guys had (have), they have because they reached mom's egg first.

I always hate that answer. I mean it's true, but I'm not asking how can I get those exact chest muscles, just how can I make mine the best they can be. I know that my genetics will differ from theirs.

Phil Hernon style, max effort weighed dips and decline. Hes a man that knows his stuff, theres a reason he tells us to utilize these 2 movements, because they work!

What is max effort weighed dips? Just using the most weight one can? Doing it at the beginning of the workout when I can give it the most effort? Would you mind elaborating?

Concentrate on form and have a second or 2 squeeze at the top

I think my chest is one of my best body parts and this is what i do

That's a good idea. I'll try that.

Also, make sure form is perfect on bench press

Iv destroyed my shoulder twice on it :banghead:

For sure. Keep those shoulders back!

Last edited:
I found this for weighted max effort dips.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIBsovMTTxY"]Max Effort Dips 140lbs x 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like you do as much weight as possible for low reps? Is that correct?

Last edited:
I used to able to do sets of 5 with BW+90.maybe even BW +90+25 for like 2 or 3

Last edited:
I think because the bench is the first identifiable lift that determines your bodybuilding status that a lot of people ego lift really badly on bench or dumbell presses, ( I know Im guilty) the one thing I noticed is when I backed down on weight and made sure I contracted my chest moreso than my shoulders that my chest actually started to grow, and one of the better exercises I found that forced my biomechanics into a more favorable position to do just that was good old fashioned pushups!
Shoulders and scapulae back -chest forward from the get go without even thinking about it.

Are you in favor of a healthy power lifter arch with scapula pulled back? Or something like a dip where the scapula have full range

Seems like alot of these new posts might be better in the beginners section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I am also want

without any hard practice you can only imagine that you are the lucky guy who get the chest like these bodybuilders.

This is true, I also believe the seated chest press ranked quite high in the fiber recruitment and cable flies seemed to rank number 1 if I recall correctly, interestingly enough I dont recall ANYONE from "The Golden Era" doing many decline presses or dips, Im sure they used the dips as a quick warm up or just to get a quick pump, but check out all the pics/vids of Arnold and all the rest of that group training, its just the same ol shit, db flies, bb bench, inc bench, I do remember him doing cable flies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear