over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do i get this water off!

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
hey guys. i just had my show 2 weeks ago. i placed 5 out 12 i think, maybe 13. it was a tough middleweight class. ill get pics up when i get out of class in 2 weeks. this summer chem course is kickin my ass.
anyway, just popped in to ask how to get this water off. i weighed in at 171, now 2 weeks later im at 220 and gaining about 2-3 lbs a day still. it hurts like hell. the water is rediculous, i have no ankles and u would have no idea i just had a show. several of my nurse friends said that it looked like my ankles are about to begin to blister from the edema. my eyes are practically swollen shut, i can barely bend my legs, and my low back is killin me so bad i have to sit down after walking more than 20 to 30 feet. i feel exausted all day even though i sleep 8 hrs a night with a 2 hr nap at noon after my class lets out.

i have thought about running low dose aldactone to take it off but thought that it might complicate the problem further when i come off of it. what should i do?

Dear Michelin Man

Big Byrd,

Try this:

Remove all high sodium foods from your diet. Check for hidden sodium (e.g., sometimes bagels can add up, if you're eating 6 - 8+ a day). Watch out for sauces, spicy food and of course don't add salt to your food.

Drink 2.5+ gallons of water / day

Prop up the ends of your bed (I use the yellow pages), so that your feet are above your head when you're sleeping. Put your feet up as much as possible during the day.

Start doing some cardio.

Start on some ECA.

Drop your carbs to about 150-200g / day, lower if you want.

Up your anti-e's if you are still on and/or reduce your aromatizing compounds or those that promote water retention. Arimidex (or next gen. arom. inhibitors) could be good (nolvadex if you're on A-50's).

Good Luck, Bro - I know how you feel!

-Randy

Sounds like you used some diuretics for your contest.

Since I've never used 'em before, I was deathly afraid of this REBOUND EFFECT from diuretics. Wylde had me get a bottle of Pedialyte for immediately after evening show - did you have/use any. He said this would aid in getting the body's fluid balance back and prevent "rebound." I actually ended up drinking 2 bottles of it that night.

I know it's too late for this now - but just thought I'd ask/point this out. It's been eight days since my contest and I'm up 22 pounds - but NO BLOAT.

xcel

i have already dropped carbs to 250. main Na intake is frozen chicken and PB. i jumped back on low dose clen a few days ago.

also, i look like im in my 3rd trimester from where i would, still, sit down and not be able to stop. the few days, when i get that way, at least its down to only once a day now, i gorge on meat and PB by the jar. itry so hard to stop before it hurts, but i cant! as soon as i stop chewing my stomach feels like its going to explode.

exel, i have never heard of that about pedialyte before. ill make sure i let my buddy know for his show coming up, or maybe ill let him suffer for makin fun of me(insert evil villian laugh).

BB

OTher things:

Try some herbal diuretics, like Dandelion and Uva Ursi.

Also, get on that ECA! It will curb your appetite. We're not talking long-term here - a just a few weeks until your appetite control mechanisms are balanced.

Add up your sodium - that frozen chicken is probably loaded with sauce. If you're eating as much as it sounds, you're probably getting more than 5000 mg of sodium.

If you do the things I mentioned (ESPECIALLY THE WATER CONSUMPTION), you will do better.

-Randy

Hahaha- JK bro - I gained 41 lbs in 2 weeks after my last show and I know exactly what you are going through. I had the SAME exact symptoms, etc. For me it took 3-4 weeks to get rid of the bloat. I couldn't even walk without getting out of breath (if you call it walking - it was more like a waddle).
I increased my water and look a very light dose of Taraxatone. Give it time.

Strange thing here! After I posted to this thread last night, I went to bed. Upon taking off my socks, I noticed my lower legs, between calves and ankles were SWOLLEN HUGE!!! :(

I elevated them in bed using some pillows and this morning there's no swelling.

xcel

Hmmm

Go see a doctor. Drink a ton of water as stated and if you can do cardio try to get a good sweat going. Good Luck this sounds real shitty for you.

thanks guys, ill give a try. i was also thinking that the low carbs for so long also amplified the rebound.

Xcel, when i take my undies off i have half inch deep lines in my thighs!

Doesn't sound like you have "byrd" legs - j/k :D

xcel

Do this - press in hard on your tib anterior area with your thumb. I had a half inch divit that stayed there for a half hour - it's called "pitting"

Nasty

Yep do as Randy has said cut back sodium, start eca and cardio and drink loads water :) all will be sweet

Be careful bro, you can give yourself CHF after a show. we dont' need anymore bb dying.

now with that being said.

last year at this time after my show. I gained 28lb exactly 24 hours after walking off stage. It was awful.

Be careful bro, you can give yourself CHF after a show. we dont' need anymore bb dying.

now with that being said.

last year at this time after my show. I gained 28lb exactly 24 hours after walking off stage. It was awful.

SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME.....

I CAN SEE EXACTLY WHERE EACH LACE GOES ON MY BARE FEET AFTER WEARNG TENNIS SHOES. NO ANKLES......ALL THE PREVIOUS SUGGESTIONS MENTIONED ABOVE.....BACK OFF ON THE BINGE EATING.

One last thing...

BB,

Also, if you're doing 'slin, cut that out, as well.

Good Luck, man. When you've lost the water, I think you'll find you have still gained a substantial amount of muscle.

Keep us updated!

-Randy

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear