advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do i maintain my weight but still gain muscle?

mchief101

Registered
im just tired of trying to gain weight and looking fat and bloated....im only 5'8 currently at around 200 lbs, which i plan on maintaining and putting on muscle, if possible. i need some articles or tips on how to do it successfully. i have been counting macros and calories every single day......

currently on a test deca cycle

help need tips

high protein. high carb, low fat....like a 40/50/10 split.......i was planning on getting to 220 but thats too much for my height .....i just need some guidance

you drop bodyfat with muscle mass at the same rate , drop a pound of fat , add a pound of muscle , weight stays the same body looks way different!

why is it that you want to stay at 200 pounds ?
do your fight or compete in some set weight class??

people need to ditch their love affair with the scale!!!:banghead:

you will look way bigger at 175 pound 9% body fat than 220 pounds 20% bodyfat.

get on a good diet , peel off all your fat and see exactly what it is your trying to work with then build on that

you drop bodyfat with muscle mass at the same rate , drop a pound of fat , add a pound of muscle , weight stays the same body looks way different!

why is it that you want to stay at 200 pounds ?
do your fight or compete in some set weight class??

people need to ditch their love affair with the scale!!!:banghead:

you will look way bigger at 175 pound 9% body fat than 220 pounds 20% bodyfat.

get on a good diet , peel off all your fat and see exactly what it is your trying to work with then build on that

this is kinda what i want.......i always hear when u cut down to a low bf while maintaining muscle you will look bigger. but do u think the test and deca would help ?

yes, i dont think its a case of gear tho....just need to fix my diet......its been a challenge for me ever since

Fix your diet, and as the other guy said if you are advanced enough run tren. On a prop/tren/mast/win blast I quickly dropped from 210 to 195 over about a week, mostly water weight ans some fat, and was on around 2100 Cals for the next 2 weeks, also with clen, dropped easily a good 6-7 bf % at least over 3 weeks, lost 0 muscle or strength, and weight went up to 196 by end of 3rd week... amazing stuff.

how long have you been on AAS now?

1) drop the deca and just runa 200mg test only cruise

2) look up Dave Palumbo's diet for a 200 pound man and follow it to a T for 3 weeks and see what happens

3) once you get down to 185 pounds , add 200 mg tren and 200mg mast a week

4) after 3 weeks on that cycle and diet add 50g carbs to first 4 meals

5) after 2 weeks of new diet and 5 weeks on cycle post pics for evaluation

NO CHEAT days , meals or any of that shit other than what the Palumbo diet calls for which is one MEAL every 7-10 days

thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's important to start with a solid base and only make one change at a time and see what that does.
I can't stand to see guys run 500mg test and 500mg deca or whatever and eat 4000 cals a day then bump the test to 750 and swap the deca for 500 mg of somthing else then add 50mg winstrol a day and cut their calls to 2500 and say "damn his cycle rocks"
keep the drugs the same and change the diet , evaluate what happens then change one thing and evaluate and see what happens

I can't tell you how often guys will change 3 different compounds , add HGH and T3 , add 30 min cardio and cut 1500 cals then say how awesome ONE of the compounds is , their is no fucking way a guys can tell what did what when he changed a dozen things.

I think when we all got/get started with this we tend to over think alot of stuff and want to make it alot harder than it needs to be.
This is a major reason I'm a big advocate of hiring a trainer , it allows use to not need to over think as much as we do and gives us an opportunity to learn alot about what works and why.
almost everybody I know that has tried on their own then hired a coach ended up saving money of supplements and gear , lowering their dose and making gains WAY faster than before

it's important to start with a solid base and only make one change at a time and see what that does.
I can't stand to see guys run 500mg test and 500mg deca or whatever and eat 4000 cals a day then bump the test to 750 and swap the deca for 500 mg of somthing else then add 50mg winstrol a day and cut their calls to 2500 and say "damn his cycle rocks"
keep the drugs the same and change the diet , evaluate what happens then change one thing and evaluate and see what happens

I can't tell you how often guys will change 3 different compounds , add HGH and T3 , add 30 min cardio and cut 1500 cals then say how awesome ONE of the compounds is , their is no fucking way a guys can tell what did what when he changed a dozen things.

I think when we all got/get started with this we tend to over think alot of stuff and want to make it alot harder than it needs to be.
This is a major reason I'm a big advocate of hiring a trainer , it allows use to not need to over think as much as we do and gives us an opportunity to learn alot about what works and why.
almost everybody I know that has tried on their own then hired a coach ended up saving money of supplements and gear , lowering their dose and making gains WAY faster than before

thumbs up for gunsmith going out of his way CONSTANTLY to give out detailed help/advice. We all appreciate it bro!

There are really 4 things that you need to reassess dont just jump on a diet...

Listed in order of importance....

1. Diet (what are you eating, why, when?)
2. Weight training (style, why, intensity?)
3. Cardio (When, How intense, why?)
4. Thermogenics/gear (What am I trying to accomplish and what would be best for that)

yes gunsmith is very helpful! thanks bro!

another questions :

IS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO EAT ABOVE MAINTENENCE? I WAS READING AN ARTICLE ON T-NATION BY SHELBY AND WELL I DID CALCULATIONS ACCORDING TO MY LEAN BODY MASS AND ON TRAINING DAYS I ONLY EAT ABOUT 2700 CALORIES! JUST WANT AN OPINION ON WHETHER YOU CAN GAIN MUSCLE SLIGHTLY BELOW MAINTENECE LEVEL

yes gunsmith is very helpful! thanks bro!

another questions :

IS IT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO EAT ABOVE MAINTENENCE? I WAS READING AN ARTICLE ON T-NATION BY SHELBY AND WELL I DID CALCULATIONS ACCORDING TO MY LEAN BODY MASS AND ON TRAINING DAYS I ONLY EAT ABOUT 2700 CALORIES! JUST WANT AN OPINION ON WHETHER YOU CAN GAIN MUSCLE SLIGHTLY BELOW MAINTENECE LEVEL

You need to stop worrying about weight, and gaining gobs of muscle right now.
If you're fat, the first priority is getting unfat. Maybe you'll gain a bit of muscle in the process, but probably not much. That's just the reality of the situation - suck it up and deal with it.
Get lean, then work on staying lean and adding muscle.
This shit takes YEARS. Get used to it.

You need to stop worrying about weight, and gaining gobs of muscle right now.
If you're fat, the first priority is getting unfat. Maybe you'll gain a bit of muscle in the process, but probably not much. That's just the reality of the situation - suck it up and deal with it.
Get lean, then work on staying lean and adding muscle.
This shit takes YEARS. Get used to it.

thats reality :( awesome articles btw ! :headbang:

Once I finally realized the scale is bullshit I started getting the results I wanted. I feel like I wasted 2 or 3 years living by the scale. Id bulk up on cycle, realize i was fat at the end, and cut in pct (worst thing you can do). If you are starting a cycle and don't have lean abs, make it a cutter.

If you are 200 and fat/bloated lose weight. No one else knows or cares what you weigh except people on forums who all add 20 pounds anyway. It is more efficient to just cut to a low bf than half ass both if you don't know your body extremely well. If you have to drop to 160 so be it. It will be worth it to start all your bulking and cycles from a lean base. You will probably look bigger than you do as a fat 200 too.

This is excellent advice. To add: you may have to drop scale weight to a place where you aren't "comfortable", 180, 175, 170lbs... in order to get truly lean. When you're ready add in some moderately dosed compounds, up your calories and enjoy a dramatically different appearance.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws